RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-19, 08:45 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I'm on iOS13 beta too so that may be it. I tried my wife and daughters phones that are on iOS 12 and they work just fine. But then again, it might be my phone too. I'm going into Apple tomorrow night to have them check it out. I kept my dongle underneath the HVAC controls to if a passenger wants to use their phone on CarPlay they can with USB.
Yes it’s ios 13 beta issue. I tried to download spotify. Right after i download it, the sound works fine for the first time (including opening apple music app after that, but it starts cracking again after I close and reopen the apps. It’s just a weird bug haha
Old 06-11-19, 08:46 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joeguan3rx
The issue is related to network profile on my phone. Cosmo has been great with supporting me on this. I ultimately deleted all my wifi and bluetooth profile on phone to the android box and lexus factory system. Then I did a network reset on my phone. Now Carplay works consistently and automatically everytime.

**One more note** If i am using my phone as hotspot in the car, wireless car play will disconnect the hotspot as it take over the wifi on phone to connect carplay wifi..so if i want hot spot and carplay at the same time, I will have to use USB for carplay.
Yeah CarPlay uses bluetooth for connection and wifi for data transfer.
The following users liked this post:
joeguan3rx (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 06:55 AM
4wheeler
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What release of Netflix are you on ?
Mine stopped working and is giving me error 13 - cant reach Netflix.

Tried uninstalling and reinstallation, still the same.
Old 06-12-19, 05:15 PM
KevSuCal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joeguan3rx
The issue is related to network profile on my phone. Cosmo has been great with supporting me on this. I ultimately deleted all my wifi and bluetooth profile on phone to the android box and lexus factory system. Then I did a network reset on my phone. Now Carplay works consistently and automatically everytime.

**One more note** If i am using my phone as hotspot in the car, wireless car play will disconnect the hotspot as it take over the wifi on phone to connect carplay wifi..so if i want hot spot and carplay at the same time, I will have to use USB for carplay.
Thank you for all of your inputs and knowledge-sharing on the kit. I just installed my Android kit yesterday and I have it in my glovebox for now so I could do all of the troubleshooting before dropping it inside behind the climate control. I'm still having some issues and need to know if you've connected the GPS to the kit. I know some members stated that they disconnected and when I asked Cosmo he stated that it needed to be connected to the Android box. Thanks.
Old 06-12-19, 05:46 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KevSuCal
Thank you for all of your inputs and knowledge-sharing on the kit. I just installed my Android kit yesterday and I have it in my glovebox for now so I could do all of the troubleshooting before dropping it inside behind the climate control. I'm still having some issues and need to know if you've connected the GPS to the kit. I know some members stated that they disconnected and when I asked Cosmo he stated that it needed to be connected to the Android box. Thanks.
I removed the GPS from the box. Carplay still works (Carplay will use iphone gps instead). But other maps app in android OS won’t.
Old 06-12-19, 05:58 PM
KevSuCal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by qvtruong
I removed the GPS from the box. Carplay still works (Carplay will use iphone gps instead). But other maps app in android OS won’t.
Thanks for the clarification. If I remember correctly you've stated in your earlier post that the external GPS conflicted with CarPlay and having it disconnected from the Android box actually made mapping apps (I use Waze) within CarPlay worked better. Is that correct? I just don't want to disconnect it just to find out that I need it in the future.... Again, thanks for all of your help.
Old 06-12-19, 06:35 PM
COSMOXIONG
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, I just read a post from my email and said there is a netflix connecting issue. actually we have face this problem in China, but I think it should be cause by different reasons as yours.
Netflix has only officially serve in Hong Kong rather than other part of China, maybe they detect the position of me is in China and stop connecting to their server? But then I borrow a account from a Azerbaijian customer and use VPN to U.S., all problems solved.

Another issue is the netflix app on google play could only support Android 8 or above version, which is dead sentence for all our Android device:-( I just got a link on netflix website, hope the solution they did would be good for your guys.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688
Old 06-12-19, 06:47 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KevSuCal
Thanks for the clarification. If I remember correctly you've stated in your earlier post that the external GPS conflicted with CarPlay and having it disconnected from the Android box actually made mapping apps (I use Waze) within CarPlay worked better. Is that correct? I just don't want to disconnect it just to find out that I need it in the future.... Again, thanks for all of your help.
If you use it solely for CarPlay, it should be ok. I found it to be more responsive without the GPS.

You just won’t get location services outside of CarPlay.
Old 06-12-19, 08:08 PM
Googs
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Which wireless pad is that?
Old 06-12-19, 09:49 PM
KevSuCal
Driver School Candidate

Got it! I'll try to use it, both with and without GPS connected to the box for a few days and see which method would work for me. Thanks.
Old 06-12-19, 10:06 PM
joeguan3rx
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I noticed sound volume for phone calls within carplay and map navigation voice within carplay is a Slightly lower compared to the music. Is there a setting to adjust the voice volume level?
Old 06-13-19, 02:21 AM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How are you communicating with Cosmo? I had been using the AliExpress app but the app changed and now my messages tab is gone and when I try to message the lsalt store, no one responds.
Old 06-13-19, 03:22 AM
joeguan3rx
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gottspd
How are you communicating with Cosmo? I had been using the AliExpress app but the app changed and now my messages tab is gone and when I try to message the lsalt store, no one responds.
You can find him on wechat. He has been around the clock for me.
Old 06-13-19, 09:06 AM
hjk
Driver School Candidate

Since the thread is talking about aftermarket CarPlay, someone in the 3RX forum suggested Grom.

How does the Grom solution (https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html) compare to the Lsailt solution? It may be that they provide the same thing..?!

I also asked the question in the 3RX thread, since Grom was mentioned... hope that isn't illegal!
Old 06-13-19, 01:56 PM
kri
10th Gear

Originally Posted by hjk
Since the thread is talking about aftermarket CarPlay, someone in the 3RX forum suggested Grom.

How does the Grom solution (https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html) compare to the Lsailt solution? It may be that they provide the same thing..?!

I also asked the question in the 3RX thread, since Grom was mentioned... hope that isn't illegal!
It doesn't look like supporting apple carplay.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350