RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-19, 09:16 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gottspd
So I’ve got the aux plug plugged in, aux set to external and yet the call quality is terrible. Since I disconnected the bt connection from the Lexus to the phone, I had to move a call from carplay to speakerphone because the caller couldn’t here me and said they could hear their own echo. It’s a nice device otherwise (though the sound for music is all kinds of messed up on ios13 currently) but for phone calls, it’s unacceptably bad for me.
Completely agree.
Old 06-29-19, 01:37 PM
leedoobert
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gottspd
So I’ve got the aux plug plugged in, aux set to external and yet the call quality is terrible. Since I disconnected the bt connection from the Lexus to the phone, I had to move a call from carplay to speakerphone because the caller couldn’t here me and said they could hear their own echo. It’s a nice device otherwise (though the sound for music is all kinds of messed up on ios13 currently) but for phone calls, it’s unacceptably bad for me.
Not sure if it’s an iOS13 thing, but I am currently using an iPhone X on iOS12.3.1 and my CarPlay calls have been pretty clear (no complaints from any of my callers)

Do you have an iOS device running iOS12.X.X that you can test out?
Old 06-29-19, 06:30 PM
jjj666
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One question to ask, may not be related to the box, whenever I brake and stop, the camera appears and it disappears once starting driving. It wasn't like this a couple of weeks ago. Is there a setting to disable this so it will not appear when I stop the car during driving? Please see the attached photo.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Gottspd (06-30-19)
Old 06-29-19, 06:43 PM
zaibrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjj666
One question to ask, may not be related to the box, whenever I brake and stop, the camera appears and it disappears once starting driving. It wasn't like this a couple of weeks ago. Is there a setting to disable this so it will not appear when I stop the car during driving? Please see the attached photo.

Thanks!
Disable Auto on left bottom corner.
The following 2 users liked this post by zaibrock:
jjj666 (06-30-19), mspearl95 (06-29-19)
Old 06-29-19, 08:06 PM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks!
I have the same issue. It is a little annoying. If the pointer goes on the android/CarPlay section, it starts beeping. (The same beep when you move to the different icons on the Lexus infotainment
Old 06-30-19, 12:25 PM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

I attached the video here.

Also, there is always a delay between audio and video in Youtube, facetime, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0925.MOV (3.24 MB, 115 views)
Old 06-30-19, 03:48 PM
jjj666
Rookie

Originally Posted by zaibrock
Disable Auto on left bottom corner.
Disable auto works great
Old 06-30-19, 04:36 PM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Disable auto works great
Thanks but disabling the "Auto" is not a solution, it is just hiding the problem. I am sure Cosmo is following this. Please update the software to solve this issue.
Old 06-30-19, 04:37 PM
jjj666
Rookie

Originally Posted by SADAF
Thanks but disabling the "Auto" is not a solution, it is just hiding the problem. I am sure Cosmo is following this. Please update the software to solve this issue.
Ok! Is there an update? Thanks
Old 06-30-19, 05:07 PM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Completely agree.
I’ve now disconnected the wireless adapter and the sound quality for the music is now fine but the call quality is so poor that I can’t use it for calls. Ugh. Cosmo, if you can help with this I’d be so grateful!!
Old 07-01-19, 04:56 AM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just tap the off hook button on the steering wheel and it makes the camera disappear.
Old 07-01-19, 05:48 AM
kri
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue. It is a little annoying. If the pointer goes on the android/CarPlay section, it starts beeping. (The same beep when you move to the different icons on the Lexus infotainment
I think jjj666 is only talking about the automatic camera at low speed. But I have the same issue as yours. When wireless Carplay is connected, if the surround view camera is on, the mouse starts to autonomously move on the surround view screen. That's quite annoying.

This issue only happens when the autoplay software is on and Carplay is connected wirelessly. Open a navigation software in Carplay seems sometimes temporarily fix the mouse jumping issue.
Old 07-01-19, 08:02 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

I faced a new problem today. Cosmo asked me to update the box's software, however, I updated the cursor app by mistake and now my cursor (that little orange dot) is invisible. It seems that the cursor exists but it is just invisible because I could choose the icons by estimating the location of the cursor. It is a pain though. Anyone had the same issue? Any solution? Below is where I updated the cursor app. A BIG MISTAKE

Old 07-01-19, 08:08 AM
kri
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I faced a new problem today. Cosmo asked me to update the box's software, however, I updated the cursor app by mistake and now my cursor (that little orange dot) is invisible. It seems that the cursor exists but it is just invisible because I could choose the icons by estimating the location of the cursor. It is a pain though. Anyone had the same issue? Any solution? Below is where I updated the cursor app. A BIG MISTAKE

I had the same problem. Restarting the box (unplug and replug the power cable) solved the problem.
Old 07-01-19, 08:12 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kri
I had the same problem. Restarting the box (unplug and replug the power cable) solved the problem.
OMG you mean I have to open the infotainment system again and unplug the box?????

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350