RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-19, 06:42 AM
darrenph1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkhuynh
downloaded wechat to ask comso which one to purchase for my 2017 lexus rx350, navigation, non-ML... but i got locked out of my wechat?
Same thing happened to me, still not sure how to get around it...
Old 10-15-19, 08:37 AM
emhriv
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gottspd
I’ve updated all of the apps and the box to the latest and greatest and, well, things aren’t so great. I’ve lost the cursor so the system is essentially useless now. The mouse does still move an invisible cursor but since I can’t see it, I can’t control anything. Any ideas? I’m so frustrated that this doesn’t work better. For a long while, it was great but it’s been super flakey for a while where it’ll just drop the connection the phone and won’t reconnect and now this issue makes it useless. I keep hoping the cursor will just magically reappear.
Hey Gottspd, when you are in the main menu, you can go to the settings of the system. There is an option to show or hide the cross-hair/dot. Try this one and see what happens.
I have the no-nav RX 350 and added the touch screen from Cosmo. It was annoying to have the dot and cross-hair on the screen. I turned it off from the main settings, where you need to use service PIN. I think it is 1360...

Hope that helps
Old 10-15-19, 03:32 PM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

found it. Cross dot is on.

Last edited by Gottspd; 10-15-19 at 04:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
emhriv (10-15-19)
Old 10-16-19, 07:16 PM
ernie999
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emhriv
A strange freeze happened with my system yesterday.
Was driving relatively short distances, 15 to 25 min each trip. Using the CarPlay maps for navigation. All of a sudden the maps froze. The GPS door is not moving. The voice navigation though still continues and is accurate, tells me when to turn as I get closer to the intersections. This continues until I either turn off the car or restart the android unit. Happened three times.

Has anyone experienced this or similar problem? could it be that the unit is using the factory GPS and the GPS signal/satellite was sluggish or not working?
Yes, this display freeze happens to me in Waze every 2-3 days on my 10-mile commute. On longer road trips, the display always freezes eventually after a few hours. The audio continues working fine, as you described, but the frozen display creates problems with navigation because of the misleading screen. I'm pretty sure I've seen Google Maps or Apple Maps freeze the same way.

The freezes have been occurring since I got the Lsailt unit several months ago. I bought the wireless adapter to make sure my Lightning cable wasn't causing the problem, but the freezes still happen with wireless CarPlay. I have been working with Lsailt to try to fix the problem, but so far no progress. Next step is probably to see if Google Maps on Android freezes to isolate the problem further, but I have to take the unit back out and hook up the GPS antenna to use Google Maps/Waze. I've never seen a freeze of an Android app though. I have the Lexus navigation with the larger screen and iOS 13, but it happened with iOS 12 too. Everything else in CarPlay, including voice calls, works great at the moment.
Old 10-16-19, 11:05 PM
Sondoan
Rookie

Originally Posted by ernie999
Yes, this display freeze happens to me in Waze every 2-3 days on my 10-mile commute. On longer road trips, the display always freezes eventually after a few hours. The audio continues working fine, as you described, but the frozen display creates problems with navigation because of the misleading screen. I'm pretty sure I've seen Google Maps or Apple Maps freeze the same way.

The freezes have been occurring since I got the Lsailt unit several months ago. I bought the wireless adapter to make sure my Lightning cable wasn't causing the problem, but the freezes still happen with wireless CarPlay. I have been working with Lsailt to try to fix the problem, but so far no progress. Next step is probably to see if Google Maps on Android freezes to isolate the problem further, but I have to take the unit back out and hook up the GPS antenna to use Google Maps/Waze. I've never seen a freeze of an Android app though. I have the Lexus navigation with the larger screen and iOS 13, but it happened with iOS 12 too. Everything else in CarPlay, including voice calls, works great at the moment.
My friend he has this problem too. After he changed the location of carplay adapter, it worked great. Reason is over heat
Old 10-17-19, 03:32 PM
emhriv
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sondoan
My friend he has this problem too. After he changed the location of carplay adapter, it worked great. Reason is over heat
this is great to hear! It’ll be PITA to move it but as long as the problem is solved, I wouldn’t mind.

Also curious how this is not happening to too many people?

what is the new location that your friend put the unit into? Glovebox?
Old 10-22-19, 11:36 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ktcolbert
Does anyone know of companies in Dallas/Ft Worth area that installs the equipment to get carplay?
same query, but for the Houston market. Tia.
Old 10-22-19, 03:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,703 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Can somebody check their unit for available updates and tell me what the date of the latest update is? Mine is from July and swears there are no available updates but I find that hard to believe.

I'm having a lot of issues with iOS 13...
Old 10-25-19, 01:34 PM
darrenph1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Can somebody check their unit for available updates and tell me what the date of the latest update is? Mine is from July and swears there are no available updates but I find that hard to believe.

Mine show these in the App section, is that what you're talking about? And should I update these?
Old 10-26-19, 04:47 PM
jjj666
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While checking today, I saw two updates, one for the autoplay and one for the box, dated October. You may try checking the update again

Last edited by jjj666; 10-26-19 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-29-19, 02:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jjj666
While checking today, I saw two updates, one for the autoplay and one for the box, dated October. You may try checking the update again
I will! Thanks!
Old 10-29-19, 03:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I downloaded the updates which seemed to help some.

I'm still having some call quality issues, the person on the other side complains that they can hear themselves talking, any thoughts?
Old 10-29-19, 06:30 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

I downloaded the updates which seemed to help some.

I'm still having some call quality issues, the person on the other side complains that they can hear themselves talking, any thoughts?
Connect your phone to lexus bluetooth. On your phone, select “bluetooth headset” in audio call routing. You can still control everything in the carplay menu such as contacts, music.

when you initiate a call or receive a call, the audio willbe handle by the car bluetooth instead. After call ends, phone will switch audio source back to carplay
Old 10-29-19, 06:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by qvtruong
Connect your phone to lexus bluetooth. On your phone, select “bluetooth headset” in audio call routing. You can still control everything in the carplay menu such as contacts, music.

when you initiate a call or receive a call, the audio willbe handle by the car bluetooth instead. After call ends, phone will switch audio source back to carplay
It’s already set that way. That worked great with iOS 12 but does not work with iOS 13 at least on my phone. I still have to select the Lexus BT system in the phone with every call
Old 10-29-19, 06:53 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

It’s already set that way. That worked great with iOS 12 but does not work with iOS 13 at least on my phone. I still have to select the Lexus BT system in the phone with every call
ohh thats weird. I have ios 13 (sonce the beta) and it works flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350