RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-19, 09:03 PM
emhriv
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I deleted the pictures. Not sure what happened with the post and why the pictures are gone. For the missing pictures, try to find what the plastic is holding on to and you’ll figure out where the screws are.

about removing the SD card - no, we don’t need to remove it. I dropped it when I was paying it in LOL.

Originally Posted by NFaridi
Just took a look at your post, great idea! I'll see if I can manage that tomorrow. I noticed 2 or 3 pics aren't appearing in that post. Do you still have those images? I'm not sure if they're relevant overall or if we can make do without those images.
Also, do we need to remove SD card for anything?
The following users liked this post:
NFaridi (12-25-19)
Old 12-25-19, 08:27 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Couple of questions for you guys..

So I am almost done installing it, i just have to button up the panels I took out and route the USB wire into the armrest. Ran out of daylight today but will finish tomorrow.

I only ended up installing the following cables/wires today.
  • Power harness
  • LVDS cable - which connects to Lsailt box to the back of the 12.3" screen with a blue wire
  • USB wire from lsailt box and connected the wireless carplay dongle to the shortest USB wire. Then routed USB1 towards the armrest area. I wrapped USB2 wire and ziptied it with the rest of the wires that will go behind the headunit as I don't think i'll need it.
  • White short screen power cable which goes in the back of the 12.3" screen in between the screen and factory wire.
  • Cam PWR, GS12.3, SPK, and REAR C wires were not used - ziptied off

QUESTION(S) 1:
I didn't know if the SPEAKER and GPS unit need to be connected. Should those be installed? I have factory navigation and my iPhone of course.
Will the GPS still be necessary? and what is the Speaker for? Shouldn't all sound come out from the factory speakers?

QUESTION 2:
The B-ANT and W-ANT wires - do I just leave them as is? Seems like an exposed wire is not a good idea to leave exposed?

QUESTION 3:
Does anybody else get a black screen like this when they turn on the car? Is it because the mode is AUX and the LSailt box hasn't loaded up yet or something? or because phone hasn't connected yet?

QUESTION 4:
When i try to update the software/firmware, it's asking me for a password - anybody know where I find this pw?

Here's my current version out of the box:

Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but please delete the last image with your IMEI number. I heard it can be used by some people to clone your device.
Old 12-25-19, 08:32 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mssca
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but please delete the last image with your IMEI number. I heard it can be used by some people to clone your device.
Didn't realize that, thanks a bunch!
Old 12-26-19, 09:18 AM
PotOdds
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Update
After working with COSMO, I've installed the latest software IMG firmware. COSMO mentioned that the Android unit is supposed to reboot itself after 6 minutes if it gets frozen like what happened to me. Apparently my software was outdated from June 2019, so I flashed a new IMG from Dec 2019. I finally got to understand what the USB1 cable is for. COSMO provided a 1GB IMG file which I put onto a FAT32 USB thumb drive. Plugged it into USB1 cable. Rebooted by using MODE + UP ARROW buttons. After 5-10 minutes, everything was restarted. Had to go back and reset the display back to Lexus 1280 mode. Then also had to go to Setting/App Path/Apps/AutoPlay, to clear the cache and data, force restart. Now I'm back to 1280 mode for all my apps. Still haven't tested the 6 minute restart when frozen but I will trust that it work when needed.

Old App is 6/26/2019

Latest App is 12/6/2019.

Video that COSMO provided showing how to upgrade firmware.

Latest firmware (7-zip compression https://www.7-zip.org/)
Lsailt-H-L-OS7.1-20191206-新亿连 改声音.7z

Instructions
UPDATE SETUP-T7.txt

Voila, 1280 mode

Originally Posted by PotOdds
Ugh, my unit has stopped working. I have the 7.1 with wireless CarPlay in a 2018 RX350 F-Sport. When I start my car, I no longer see the mouse. I can only see the start-up disclaimer page (which I can't hit Continue without the mouse) and then it goes to the Lexus Map. The Menu/Map button no longer do anything. When I'm in Media mode, I can hear a beeping noise at different octaves. It seems the Android unit is in some funky state. I haven't had a chance to get behind the center console yet cuz it's a PITA to unscrew the 2 10mm bolts, especially the right one. And no, hitting MODE and up arrow button for 5 seconds to reset doesn't work.

I contacted COSMOS but he didn't seem to know what was going on. I wanted to post to the forum first to see if anyone has had the same issue. When I get time I will undo the center console and hopefully be able to reset something. Major hassle to have to redo this if this keeps happening.

Last edited by PotOdds; 12-31-19 at 09:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PotOdds:
Nevbro (12-27-19), Pizzabad (03-06-21)
Old 12-26-19, 09:33 AM
PotOdds
Driver

I've edited my last post to include link to latest firmware. It's compressed file, 557MB.

Latest firmware
Lsailt-H-L-OS7.1-20191206-新亿连 改声音.7z

Instructions
UPDATE SETUP-T7.txt

Originally Posted by Aeon
Can you post the latest firmware? Cosmos should have given you an URL, that's what he did when I asked for the factory image. Except mine was the old one.

Last edited by PotOdds; 12-26-19 at 09:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nevbro (12-27-19)
Old 12-26-19, 11:06 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

So the USB1 cable should not be used for carplay? I have my wireless carplay dongle hooked up to the USB wire. I tried to run an apple lightning cable onto USB1 to get wired carplay - but it doesn't trigger carplay.
Old 12-28-19, 04:36 AM
PotOdds
Driver

I have wireless carplay dongle running fine on USB2. Not sure about USB1 or USB0 cables but would think they should work as well. USB1 cable is also to be used for upgrading firmware through a thumbdrive.

So the USB1 cable should not be used for carplay? I have my wireless carplay dongle hooked up to the USB wire. I tried to run an apple lightning cable onto USB1 to get wired carplay - but it doesn't trigger carplay.
Old 12-30-19, 05:42 PM
nebrou
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I recently bought this model and having already an issue from day 1. When I connect Android Auto, my phone is not recognizing the device and crashing my Samsung Android Auto app.

Anyone had similar issue and how they fixed it?
Old 12-31-19, 06:02 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hello everyone,

I recently have an issue with the box. The center menu/back/map buttons and the remote touch (mouse) stopped working. Also, the box is not loading up when I press and keep the hang out button. Last night I disconnected the car's battery and connected back again after 20 seconds. Everything worked fine but this morning it happened again. Any idea where the problem is coming from? Let me know if you need me to provide more information. My car has Mark Levenson with 12.3 screen and nav.
Old 12-31-19, 06:23 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PotOdds
Ugh, my unit has stopped working. I have the 7.1 with wireless CarPlay in a 2018 RX350 F-Sport. When I start my car, I no longer see the mouse. I can only see the start-up disclaimer page (which I can't hit Continue without the mouse) and then it goes to the Lexus Map. The Menu/Map button no longer do anything. When I'm in Media mode, I can hear a beeping noise at different octaves. It seems the Android unit is in some funky state. I haven't had a chance to get behind the center console yet cuz it's a PITA to unscrew the 2 10mm bolts, especially the right one. And no, hitting MODE and up arrow button for 5 seconds to reset doesn't work.

I contacted COSMOS but he didn't seem to know what was going on. I wanted to post to the forum first to see if anyone has had the same issue. When I get time I will undo the center console and hopefully be able to reset something. Major hassle to have to redo this if this keeps happening.
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Old 12-31-19, 09:06 AM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about that?? I'm having similar issues. This morning my car said "Climate control system error. Please contact your dealer." The android unit isn't working at all and the factory system will play audio, but the cursor is gone and none of the center console buttons work. I sent a note to Cosmo as well (haven't heard from him). Does anyone else have the climate control error? BTW, the climate control system itself (including the hard buttons on the dash) all seem to work just fine. The standard reset process for the android box doesn't work for me either. I'll try disconnecting the battery...

Last edited by Gottspd; 12-31-19 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-31-19, 09:18 AM
PotOdds
Driver

Upgrade to latest firmware. It supposed to restart the unit after 6 minutes if it gets frozen. I detailed it in one of my replies. Disconnecting the battery is the temporary solution.

Originally Posted by SADAF
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Old 12-31-19, 09:29 AM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've downloaded the file, but it's not clear what type of file it is. It doesn't seem to be a zip file so I'm not sure what to do with it. It just says download and so i added .zip to the end but then the pc says it's not a valid zip file.
Thoughts?
Old 12-31-19, 09:38 AM
SADAF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gottspd
I've downloaded the file, but it's not clear what type of file it is. It doesn't seem to be a zip file so I'm not sure what to do with it. It just says download and so i added .zip to the end but then the pc says it's not a valid zip file.
Thoughts?
It is a compressed file but not a .zip file. It is actually .7z. I guess you need to get WinRAR to uncompress it.
Old 12-31-19, 09:42 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Gottspd
How about that?? I'm having similar issues. This morning my car said "Climate control system error. Please contact your dealer." The android unit isn't working at all and the factory system will play audio, but the cursor is gone and none of the center console buttons work. I sent a note to Cosmo as well (haven't heard from him). Does anyone else have the climate control error? BTW, the climate control system itself (including the hard buttons on the dash) all seem to work just fine. The standard reset process for the android box doesn't work for me either. I'll try disconnecting the battery...
I messaged Cosmo almost a week ago and finally got a response 2 days ago saying he is currently on vacation. He'll respond as soon as he's able to. Just a heads up.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350