RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-20, 11:35 AM
llcw79
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No sounds

Today it suddenly lost sounds. Had no issue using AUX before but couldn’t get sounds working again today. Re started car many times tried reconnect to AUX several times. It usually works after restart the car bit this time it won’t work for me. Any help suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Old 02-07-20, 12:05 PM
rokayjon
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

qvtruong: what launcher are you using that you show in that video? It seems very nice,.
Old 02-10-20, 12:08 AM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rokayjon
qvtruong: what launcher are you using that you show in that video? It seems very nice,.
What video? But I didnt use any 3rd party launcher tho. It all comes with the box.
Old 02-11-20, 03:12 PM
ernie999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If restarting the car several times doesn't work, you could disconnect the car battery (by disconnecting and reconnecting the connector to the battery terminal on the right side - should use gloves or insulated tools). It will reboot when you reconnect the battery. That's quicker than disconnecting the box's power cable.

Originally Posted by llcw79
Today it suddenly lost sounds. Had no issue using AUX before but couldn’t get sounds working again today. Re started car many times tried reconnect to AUX several times. It usually works after restart the car bit this time it won’t work for me. Any help suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Old 02-12-20, 06:38 AM
llcw79
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, it just started working again a day after. No idea what was the glitch... I will try above if it stops again.
Old 02-28-20, 08:21 PM
zaldwaik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zaldwaik
I have installed mine on 2019 rx350 months ago and it has been flawless with wireless carplay. At the time I installed, I tested iphone mirroring and it worked fine. I tried today, and while it is "connected" it does not show anything, or it shows white area instead of iphone screen content randomly. I have not upgraded or done anything since the install.

Can someone try mirroring on iphone and see if it works, and let us know which ios version? Thanks.
In case anyone is interested, I solved this with help from Cosmos through a firmware upgrade, and then an easyconnect app upgrade.
Old 03-03-20, 07:00 PM
vijayk77
Driver School Candidate

Default 2019 rx 350

Originally Posted by zaldwaik
In case anyone is interested, I solved this with help from Cosmos through a firmware upgrade, and then an easyconnect app upgrade.
Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, please provide the link for the CarPlay unit that you installed to work with your 2019 rx350.

thanks,

vijay
Old 03-07-20, 06:27 PM
kmare
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

can anyone confirm if WIFI Direct works on their headunit?
Old 03-15-20, 09:23 PM
PotOdds
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, I finally got my LSAIT back from COSMO and co. Took a bit longer than usual due to the coronavirus slowing down commerce in China.

Interestingly, COSMO and team have been working on new innovations and I received the latest box. For one thing, wireless CarPlay is now integrated into the box and no longer is a dongle needed. There is a new Zlink software that supposed to manage the CarPlay connectivity. When I got the unit back this past weekend, I thought that COSMO had forgotten to resend me back the wireless dongle but he just emailed me a video on how to setup the Zlink, BT Phone to enable wireless CarPlay. It will be pretty cool to try out.

I was able to re-install the unit this weekend. The one major change I did was that I followed the GROM video and was able to install the LSAIT unit in the glove compartment. It was very simple and I think is the best place to store the unit if my issue re-occurs (system locking up) so that I can unplug it without having to undo the center console.

I'm going to be testing the setup for the next few weekends and hoping everything works smoothly. Since I didn't know that wireless was now integrated, I was using wired CarPlay. Found that only USB0 would work, USB1/2 gave error msgs with Zlink. Also switching to Android mode using HANGUP button was a little flaky during my first test drive. It kept switching back to Lexus Mode. I did unplug the unit (thank goodness that it was installed in the glove compartment ) and that seems to have stabilize things. Anyway going to install wireless CarPlay and test over the next few weekends. Hopefully no issues

LSAIT unit installed in the glove compartment

Black - USB2, White - iPhone cable to USB0. It seems CarPlay only works with USB0. You can see that the glove compartment door closes fine. Hoping that I can hide wires inside glove compartment once I have wireless setup

LSAIT box

Back

Firmware version

Last edited by PotOdds; 04-19-20 at 07:59 AM. Reason: remove image due to exposed IMEI
Old 03-16-20, 05:30 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

good to hear they're still making enhancements!
Old 03-16-20, 07:11 AM
Ditze
Driver School Candidate

Anybody in Florida can help to install
Old 03-18-20, 02:12 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Does anyone here have any issues with call quality with phone calls? Mine is abysmal and resort to grabbing my phone to turn off BT and Wifi in order to answer the phone with the phone. Ugh.
Old 04-17-20, 05:51 AM
PotOdds
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Just an update, the new unit is working great. No more issues with the unit freezing after a week or 2 of non-driving. Bluetooth connectivity works reasonably fast. Not having the wireless dongle exposed (glove compartment) is a nice addition.

Originally Posted by PotOdds
I'm going to be testing the setup for the next few weekends and hoping everything works smoothly. Since I didn't know that wireless was now integrated, I was using wired CarPlay. Found that only USB0 would work, USB1/2 gave error msgs with Zlink. Also switching to Android mode using HANGUP button was a little flaky during my first test drive. It kept switching back to Lexus Mode. I did unplug the unit (thank goodness that it was installed in the glove compartment ) and that seems to have stabilize things. Anyway going to install wireless CarPlay and test over the next few weekends. Hopefully no issues
Added a screenshot of the Zlink software connecting to my iphone.

Old 04-21-20, 06:18 PM
kmare
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have cosmos contact info handy?
Updated: Found him through facebook messenger!
Cosmo had me back up and running first try. Reflash via sdcard.

Thank you all!

Last edited by kmare; 05-03-20 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-05-20, 03:05 AM
SciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Does this unit allow for aftermarket cameras to connect to it? Front camera and aftermarket reverse camera?
Also, how long is the boot up time after the engine is turned on?

Last edited by SciGuy; 05-05-20 at 03:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350