RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-20, 07:58 PM
GuanLouYi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lepapeherm
It is confirmed, I can't install it in there.
I had great hope but it didn't work, the side bolt doesn't free up the panel.
I don't see how I can install and plug the Lsailt unit in there without moving the side panel out.
Bummer!!
I had to PAY a professional installer to install the Lsailt unit and fish the cabling down to the area,
so don't ask me how the cabling is done.

BUT, referring to the youtube video
, I took out the glovebox assembly to free up the flexible plastic trim piece for more free access to the Lsailt unit.

Pics below for reference:

Take Out retaining screw, after taking out the entire glove box assembly

Now you can lift the slightly flexible plastic trim to expose the space to place the Lsailt unit

More close-up view of the Lsailt unit and USB Dongle
Old 09-08-20, 09:30 AM
ejisfun
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by landij
Has anyone tried installing the unit in the arm rest? It has space at the bottom below the pull out bin. If this is possible this would be a great location.
Can't find the post right now, but someone did post a picture of it installed in the area you describe. I attempted to do so and couldn't figure out how to do it without drilling holes - as far as I can tell there are no openings that you can get the cables through.
Old 09-13-20, 07:45 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

We received our Lsailt system on 9/1/20 and from discussing with the guys in the LS forum, our system is totally different from what majority guys have here. For example our system didn’t come with the carplay dongle. In order for us to connect wireless, we connect via WiFi to the unit. However having some confusion on connecting a call while using carplay.

In my wife RX I did what you guys suggested and connected using Lexus RX as a headset only. However when she answers the phone, it connects to a “local host” instead of her car’s native Lexus RX Bluetooth. So each time, on her iPhone she has to change it over to Lexus RX. When it answers connected to the local host she can’t hear anything on the call but the caller on the other end can hear her. I have car iPhone set to connect to Lexus RX Bluetooth as headset only.

Old 09-15-20, 06:04 AM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 214 Likes on 104 Posts

As per above post, there is a new Lsailt version that does not use the USB CarPlay dongle. I had the same issue with Apple phone calls. I EMailed Cosmo and he sent me this video as a fix. Haven't tried / tested it yet but I'll post it.
There is no voice narrative and the titles are in Chinese...

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Lsailt Apple CarPlay fix.mov (1.77 MB, 163 views)
Old 09-15-20, 07:07 AM
landij
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Can someone send me a link for which one I need to order with built-in wireless CarPlay without needing the extra wireless dongle?
Old 09-15-20, 07:35 AM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Personally, I would send an EMail directly to Cosmo at Lsailt. Here is a link with their contact information.
https://www.lsailt.com/about/209.html

Ask him which system meets your needs and exactly what model year and equipment vehicle you have. You might have to take a photo of your display and joystick control. The basic system is the one I got. It does not support rear seat monitors, etc, but does wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto. The more expensive system goes for about $125 more than mine.
Getting the system directly from Lsailt is a bunch less expensive. I saved about $215 on my system as compared to AliExpress regular prices. AliExpress does run specials but they are still more than what I paid.
Old 09-15-20, 08:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,955 Posts

Originally Posted by FlopTop04
As per above post, there is a new Lsailt version that does not use the USB CarPlay dongle. I had the same issue with Apple phone calls. I EMailed Cosmo and he sent me this video as a fix. Haven't tried / tested it yet but I'll post it.
There is no voice narrative and the titles are in Chinese...
Doesn't work in iOS 13. Worked in iOS 12
Old 09-18-20, 09:58 AM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

The link below is the version of the Lsailt system I have. Does anyone else have the same system?
Old 09-19-20, 09:35 AM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
The link below is the version of the Lsailt system I have. Does anyone else have the same system?
I might have the same one. I received it at the end of August this year. Mine is marked LLT-LKSS-VER7.4.8H. Mine does have wireless Apple CarPlay without the USB dongle. I get the same screen shown in the video.
The VER 7.4.8H is the less expensive unit. ( I paid $280 plus $45 shipping.)
Old 09-21-20, 03:00 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

I might have the same one. I received it at the end of August this year. Mine is marked LLT-LKSS-VER7.4.8H. Mine does have wireless Apple CarPlay without the USB dongle. I get the same screen shown in the video.
The VER 7.4.8H is the less expensive unit. ( I paid $280 plus $45 shipping.)
🤔🤨 I paid $390 plus shipping. And yes I have the same unit I believe.
Old 09-21-20, 03:37 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

I bought mine directly from Lsailt, not through AliExpress. So yes, we have the same unit. My Samsung NOTE8 works great via a wired connection. My Wifes iPhone Xr, not so great on either wired or wireless. No sound on WAZE and the "Local Host" issue with incoming calls. Need some more time to play around with it and the settings. Let me know about any iPhone fixes.
Old 09-28-20, 02:11 AM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

I bought mine directly from Lsailt, not through AliExpress. So yes, we have the same unit. My Samsung NOTE8 works great via a wired connection. My Wifes iPhone Xr, not so great on either wired or wireless. No sound on WAZE and the "Local Host" issue with incoming calls. Need some more time to play around with it and the settings. Let me know about any iPhone fixes.
Ahhhh I wish I knew about that, could’ve saved me couple hundred bucks. My wife and I both have iPhone and I wish there was a way to avoid the “local host” on incoming calls. Have to answer the call then switch it to the car’s Bluetooth.
Old 10-31-20, 06:17 PM
hank87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pink screen after LSAILT install?

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
The link below is the version of the Lsailt system I have. Does anyone else have the same system? https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=LmeCicC3djU
Hello,

I installed the LSAILT today according to the instrucitons, but when I start my car I get a brief "lexus enform" screen and then a pink screen. Sometimes the pink screen blinks black and then pink. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fixes? I tried contacting Cosmo.

Thanks

Old 11-01-20, 03:26 AM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Press and hold the Telephone Hang-up button on the steering wheel for 4 seconds. That is supposed to bring you back to normal car mode from Lsailt Mode. That won't fix your problem but it might get the car screen back to normal.

Can you see the Lsailt control box? There should be some red LEDs inside blinking in the upper right corner. Try pressing the Mode and UP arrow buttons on the steering wheel at the same time for 5 seconds. This will cause the Lsailt system to reboot. The 12.3" screen should flash the Lexus logo.

Think I would verify and reseat all the Lsailt harness connections made during the install at all three locations ( Lsailt controller, radio and display ). I have heard of some issues being resolved this way.
Old 11-01-20, 04:04 AM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You may have a bent pin in one of the connectors if it doesn’t resolve!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350