RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-21 | 08:37 AM
Ditze
Driver School Candidate

What? a battery can last that long? This is my 3rd battery for my 2017 RX 350 now.
Old 05-05-21 | 08:43 AM
Ditze
Driver School Candidate

I am FL, and had almost the same problem you had. The funny thing was, my first battery (original) was dying, and I had to jumpstart couple times. I went to Lexus and told them the problem with the battery, but, Lexus told me the battery went through all tests, and it was a good battery and didn't replace it. As soon as I drove home, it was dead. Second day, I called Lexus, and they came to me and checked and told me the battery was dead and replaced.
Old 05-05-21 | 11:05 AM
zexen
Advanced

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I'm also really interested to hear from people that installed and used the Grom system for a while.
Originally Posted by RogueRX
Any update on installation? Thanks.
Installation went super smooth, followed the video on Grom's website and did it in total about 1.5 hours start to finish, even being careful. I purchased the trim removal tool kit from them and it came very much in handy. The interface was super easy to setup with wireless carplay and i have enjoyed it. As with all of these systems it takes a few seconds to fully boot but once it's up it's pretty much solid. I love it and I was worried since my iPhone is always on the beta program I might have some trouble, even with the latest beta releases, no issues (really just means Apple hasn't changed anything major yet with carplay). Let me know if you guys have any more specific questions. Audio and phone calls have worked great so far, but i need to remember that hitting the pick up call button on the steering wheel doesn't work in carplay.
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (07-16-21)
Old 05-06-21 | 01:06 PM
SneedFeed
10th Gear

Deleted because I resolved it

Last edited by SneedFeed; 05-06-21 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-07-21 | 05:29 PM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

Just installed the latest Lsailt Unit. CarPlay works fine, however when I return to Lexus control I lose the curser.
switching back and forth between Lexus and CarPlay is no problem, unless I physically disconnect and reconnect the Lasailt unit
i can’t get curser back in Lexus mode.
Zlink works ok, wife’s iPhone 12 auto connects, my iPhone X doesn’t always.
I cannot get to settings in Lexus for phones, etc
cannot reset the Lsailt with any button combinations. Just manual unplug, etc.
anyone have these problems
thanks
Old 05-08-21 | 01:12 AM
fusion243
Driver School Candidate

[QUOT
ytrk;11048061]Just installed the latest Lsailt Unit. CarPlay works fine, however when I return to Lexus control I lose the curser.
switching back and forth between Lexus and CarPlay is no problem, unless I physically disconnect and reconnect the Lasailt unit
thanks[/QUOTE]

Check with Cosmo; for me an update solved the cursor thing (this was a while back). Also, and arguably firstly, make sure you are changing to the OEM system using the AUX button rather than the holding hang up method. If I use the latter I still lose the cursor.
Old 05-08-21 | 07:41 AM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

Working better, second iPhone interruptions cause partial problems. When in CarPlay, Lexus radar cruise icons not adjustable
with steering wheel, icons for temp, etc flash on and off at screen bottom, do not show when adjusted.
Old 05-18-21 | 10:05 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Just installed the newest lsailt unit (with the built-in carplay without dongle). The thing i like the most is the ability for Carplay to switch between dark/light mode with the headlamp switch and the light sensor. It feels more like OEM now 😊
Old 05-18-21 | 10:33 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Originally Posted by qvtruong
Just installed the newest lsailt unit (with the built-in carplay without dongle). The thing i like the most is the ability for Carplay to switch between dark/light mode with the headlamp switch and the light sensor. It feels more like OEM now 😊
what’s the lead time ?
Old 05-18-21 | 11:37 PM
aalmos
Driver School Candidate

Can someone explain me what this small speaker is for that they pack with the Lsailt unit?

By the way, does the reverse camera work?
Old 05-18-21 | 11:42 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaytonaV
what’s the lead time ?
you mean switching between dark and light mode? It’s instantly as i flip the headlamp switch from off to on and vice versa.
Old 05-18-21 | 11:43 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aalmos
Can someone explain me what this small speaker is for that they pack with the Lsailt unit?

By the way, does the reverse camera work?
No purpose for the small speaker cause we output the sound to the car speakers.

reverse camera and birds eyes view work as normal.
Old 05-25-21 | 09:42 AM
silvergrey
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by larrytrk
Just installed the latest Lsailt Unit. CarPlay works fine, however when I return to Lexus control I lose the curser.
thanks
I am experiencing the same issue with the Lsailt box recently too. I have the box with the built-in wireless function (no dongle). When I start up my car, I would lose the cursor, my parking assist function, and the hard button function on the main Lexus interface. I am able to switch back and forth between Carplay and the main Lexus menu, but only the Carplay interface is usable and has the cursor function available. The only way to get all the button function and cursor back in the main Lexus interface is to re-boot the Lsailt box (hold the up arrow + mode). Not really convenient and very annoying to do this every time.

I have contact Cosmo through WhatsApp several times about this problem and he has provided a couple of solution but it did not resolve the problem. Now, Cosmo has stop replying and would not even bother looking at my message (maybe blocked me). I am now stuck with a box that is not functioning properly and is causing problems / conflicts with the main Lexus input and safety (parking assist) functions.

I was hoping maybe someone here has experienced this and was able to resolve this problem, since I cannot get any response from Cosmo anymore. In the end, I may have to remove the box since it causing more problems then the providing benefits of having Carplay.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-21 | 09:57 AM
e3e3
Driver School Candidate

I have had my Grom V Line installed for over a week now and truly love it...

I can't imagine there being a better option for adding CarPlay / Android to an existing system by just plugging a couple things in. Install took me about 1.5 hours (with a break)

I wouldn't recommend the V Line to anyone that isn't 'good' with technology / computers / troubleshooting as obviously there is a slight learning curve. It's honestly very easy though.

All in all I find it easy to manoeuvre and have zero regrets (as of yet)

9/10 would definitely recommend to friends/family.
Old 05-25-21 | 11:28 AM
silvergrey
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by e3e3
I have had my Grom V Line installed for over a week now and truly love it...

I can't imagine there being a better option for adding CarPlay / Android to an existing system by just plugging a couple things in. Install took me about 1.5 hours (with a break)

I wouldn't recommend the V Line to anyone that isn't 'good' with technology / computers / troubleshooting as obviously there is a slight learning curve. It's honestly very easy though.

All in all I find it easy to manoeuvre and have zero regrets (as of yet)

9/10 would definitely recommend to friends/family.
I may go this route. It is very frustrating when you cannot not get proper help from a vendor (Lsailt). I followed this thread and purchase from them (Lsailt) thinking they were the best option from the reviews.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350