RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-21, 05:57 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so would you recommend lsailt over GROM?

Originally Posted by larrytrk
Lsailt Zlink works fine , at least for me, if it doesn’t connect you just need to make sure the BT connection is on, then it switches to WIFI.
I was worried about that also.
switching back and forth between Lexus and CarPlay requires holding menu and then holding mode button on steering wheel till Lexus curser
activates, for me.
Old 07-11-21, 05:58 PM
joeguan3rx
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jeronberna
so would you recommend lsailt over GROM?
yes absolutely
Old 07-11-21, 06:48 PM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by joeguan3rx
you should plug in the loop back 3.5mm jack (came with Lsailt) in on the Audio input in the console. Once you do that you switch into carplay by doubling clicking the map button.
no loop back jack with my wireless model. CarPlay comes up automatically when I get into the car. Long press menu goes to lexus, but no curser unless you go
thru long mode on steering wheel.
i would definitely recommend the latest Lsailt version.
Old 07-15-21, 04:40 PM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

With latest Lsailt unit, dip switch 1 allows toggle back and forth between Lexus and CarPlay. Using Phone Hangup button, if Lexus IS in AUX mode.
also works if Lexus IS in other mode, but no sound with CarPlay.
Verbal SIRI switches thru Lexus phone, but works well going back to CarPlay.
no problems with curser in Lexus mode or CarPlay.
works very well now.
Old 07-16-21, 08:20 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by joeguan3rx
yes absolutely
Have you tried GROM VLine?
Old 07-16-21, 09:28 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

So from my reading this entire thread, from early on to recent, it seems that Lsailt has lost its reliability after switching to Zlink?

I recently purchased a 2018 RX350 F-Sport, and I’m looking to add CarPlay, I’m no stranger to CarPlay modules, which is why I’m trying to figure which one is the most streamlined/reliable.

Does the GROM unit use the call end button as well to switch between the Lexus UI and the GROM Vline UI?

I’d prefer the product which would have good support, decent reliability (as to whether it will freeze up, or cause other issues) and decent AV quality.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but is GROM the current 4RX CarPlay module to pick? Or Lsailt?

Thanks for all the help guys, this thread has been a total god send in my pursuit!
Does the GROM unit use the call end button as well to switch between the Lexus UI and the GROM Vline UI?
You use the factory MEDIA button to get to AUX more that is take over by VLine, and this is how you switch from factory to VLine. If you are in the phone call, you can stay in VLine mode, as the phone calls on CarPlay go through VLine (using all factory speakers). You can start the phone call, accept the phone call, reject the phone call using CarPlay controls on your stereo, or steering wheel/car stereo controls. You can also use SIRI voice to start the phone call, look for the music, or start navigation.

Old 07-19-21, 08:15 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

What seems to be the best way to connect audio through Lsailt? I just received mine and about to do a installation, but I’m between 3.5mm aux and just going full bluetooth.

which seems to have better quality? Also if I’m connected to CarPlay and get a call on my phone, can I answer it while in Lexus UI? Or do I need to switch to Lsailt, then answer the call? Assuming I want to use the steering wheel keys etc

which has better integration? Aux or bluetooth?
Old 07-20-21, 08:55 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

My lsailt kit came in yesterday, installed it last night it was a breeze, I didn’t need to pull the glove box, even to route my usb to the glovebox I just had to fish the cable through the back.

The module fits nicely tucked under the climate control area, and I put the gps and WiFi antenna above my vents right below the screen nicely tucked in the area not being blocked by a bunch of metal.

my car feels so much more modern now, I love it.

ive had the RSNAV for my Audi s7 and Q5 and the unichip module for my bmw x6m, and to be honest the lsailt unit is probably the best so far out of all of them. Climate control adjustments don’t close the whole unit it has a pop up, everything works so well.

only odd things I noticed are sometimes wireless CarPlay is a little sluggish to change songs, and sometimes the climate control pop up shows up randomly even when not changing climate control.

I left a att nighthawk hotspot in my car so now the android interface is much better, netflix is fun to watch (I’ll probably never really use it most of the time) but it’s nice to have
Old 07-21-21, 04:31 AM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

How do you switch back and forth between Lexus and android, using phone hang up or mode button?
I assume you are not using CarPlay, just android auto.
yes song switching is slow, yes the climate control icons pop up_sometimes lexus park assist says off line, but, all in all I heartily agree, the car is where it should
be in infotainment.’
by the way my unichip in my Porsche, is far and above the best of the lot, a close second to my factory 2017 Audi CarPlay.
mine is still in the glove box, in case it needs attention, my Beatsonic Mirroring from before was behind head unit and needed a reboot which required it be physically
unplugged, therefore I was cautious with the Lsailt unit.
Old 07-22-21, 04:56 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

Does anyone know how to reset the lsailt Box? Something must have gotten wonky when I tried to connect the android interface with my hotspot now my wireless CarPlay doesn’t work I tried resetting all my WiFi info and settings, and now some random unnamed Bluetooth device keeps trying to auto connect with my phone.

I want to just clear my bluetooth, WiFi and lsailt and start from factory

hopefully someone can help me here, I saw I can factory reset the box through the android settings but I dont know if that will delete all the CarPlay and other apps
Old 07-23-21, 04:00 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

Odd situation... after reformatting my CarPlay box after all of the wireless CarPlay issues I’ve been having, every time I try to use CarPlay (only wires is working right now for some reason) my android media volume shuts off as soon as I connect my phone to usb...

anyone have a solution?
Old 07-23-21, 05:07 PM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

Odd situation... after reformatting my CarPlay box after all of the wireless CarPlay issues I’ve been having, every time I try to use CarPlay (only wires is working right now for some reason) my android media volume shuts off as soon as I connect my phone to usb...

anyone have a solution?
with wireless does Zlink come up as waiting?and never acquire?
Old 07-23-21, 06:24 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

with wireless does Zlink come up as waiting?and never acquire?
so wireless CarPlay seems to be working fine now with zlink, but I am still receiving a odd audio issue.

when I first connect to CarPlay my android media volume goes to 0 and I have to go to the settings to increase the android media volume to hear any music.

also when I do finally have the volume up, when I have music playing if any notification (text, gps directions, any notification) it will mute and then play music again after the notification goes away , I’m guessing any system sounds are not coming out. How can I make it so all audio goes through my speakers? I saw the previous post about turning master on, but lsailt no longer uses that OS

Old 07-24-21, 06:00 AM
larrytrk
Pit Crew

so wireless CarPlay seems to be working fine now with zlink, but I am still receiving a odd audio issue.

when I first connect to CarPlay my android media volume goes to 0 and I have to go to the settings to increase the android media volume to hear any music.

also when I do finally have the volume up, when I have music playing if any notification (text, gps directions, any notification) it will mute and then play music again after the notification goes away , I’m guessing any system sounds are not coming out. How can I make it so all audio goes through my speakers? I saw the previous post about turning master on, but lsailt no longer uses that OS
is iPhone set on accessiblity, touch, auto call routing, Bluetooth headset?
Old 07-24-21, 03:10 PM
jeronberna
Rookie

is iPhone set on accessiblity, touch, auto call routing, Bluetooth headset?
I double checked all those originally

I spoke to cosmo last night, and he found the solution to the problem, it was in the factory lsailt box settings.

You go into the Lsailt launcher Settings -> Factory -> Enter Code -> Mic Volume - > Navi Mix Volume -> Set to 10

Now all my issues with audio have been fixed, and my carplay issues have been fixed. I’m so glad ahaha everything is working like it’s suppose to be now, I’m really glad!!

hope this helps anyone else that had to factory reset their Lsailt box

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350