RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 08:57 PM
SneedFeed
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuanLouYi
Hey joejoejoe, many thanks for your reply.

At least it's not that disheartening to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this nightmare issue;
Just sucks that after already paying the install shop significant money to install the Lsailt unit just over a month ago,
I gotta pay more to the install shop to rip out the unit from my passenger footwell ( where it's installed ) and re-install again.

I have gone thru the EXACT same process you described with Cosmo and his engineer, upgrading the MCU by passcode "2020" and updating the app by passcode "1630."
Nothing worked, I still have no physical Lexus mouse control, and the nearby physical "Map," "Menu," "up", "down" & "back" arrow buttons,
besides the on-screen mouse cursor gone completely missing in both Lexus AND Lsailt menu screens.

This is in addition to me still unable to select, enter, nor see, both the "media selection" and "navigation" menus, on my speedometer menu itself;
when I use the right hand side steering wheel controls. The rest of the speedometer menus like triptometer, cruise-control, etc still work for at least for now, thankfully.

The great news is, Cosmo has shipped out a new replacement Lsailt main box and what I believe to be the T-harness ( which supplies power to the Lsailt main box ),
with the condition that I'd need to ship my current Lsailt main box back to China at my own cost.

Kudos to Cosmo specifically, who's honorably offered me his sales commission on the Lsailt sale as his PERSONAL, partial compensation;
For the shipping cost back to China, after his manager's insistence that shipping cost back to China is NOT covered by the company.

So now I play the waiting game for the replacement Lsailt box and harness to arrive, and hope and pray that they last longer than one month after install.

Thanks again for your valuable input, joejoejoe.
Hope my post helps the other members here too.
Having the same issue after latest MCU upgrade
Old 07-08-22, 07:12 PM
sz8
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Just connect the mic ground wire with a ground wire from

another plug coming with Roadtop.. (The other wire should have a tag saying "ground").

Originally Posted by kuriibo
I’m having the exact same issue, how did your ground the wire? Did you tape the round nub thing to the radio metal frame?
Old 07-16-22, 08:00 AM
yes4idol
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello:

I'm hoping someone would be able to help me here.

I recently purchased and installed a Nauturbo aftermarket CarPlay module in my 2017 RX 350. Everything seems to work fine except when I'm navigating in the CarPlay interface using the Lexus joystick, it also interacts with my original Lexus interface. For example, if I moved the joystick around in the CarPlay module interface, and make selections, it also interacts with whatever is being controlled on the Lexus interface. This is extremely annoying as it would unknowingly change settings in the Lexus interface. I tried changing the DIP switch settings, reconnecting all cables and nothing seems to work. The Nauturbo seller has been very responsive but they cannot figure it out either. Is my unit defective?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...260a1802VqoQl6

What do you guys recommend as far as the best aftermarket module?

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-23-22, 05:20 AM
frohboy33
Driver

Default AM/FM Radio and CarPlay audio at same time?

With the RoadTop or Grom is it possible to listen to FM radio plus get audio from CarPlay, like turn by turn instructions from Apple Maps/Waze at the same time? I’m guessing since you have to be on AUX the answer is no? Vehicles with factory CarPlay will let you listen to radio while getting CarPlay audio like directions and Siri at the same time.
Old 07-24-22, 04:36 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 590 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by frohboy33
With the RoadTop or Grom is it possible to listen to FM radio plus get audio from CarPlay, like turn by turn instructions from Apple Maps/Waze at the same time? I’m guessing since you have to be on AUX the answer is no? Vehicles with factory CarPlay will let you listen to radio while getting CarPlay audio like directions and Siri at the same time.

Well, technically yes, but realistically no.

You can set Google maps to play sound notification as Bluetooth phone calls so, it should pause your radio and play the google maps sounds through the cars bluetooth.

I have that set up, but it's not working 99% of the time.

You could see CarPlay and listen to radio though.

Last edited by toyotaman7; 07-25-22 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-25-22, 09:43 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by frohboy33
It is possible with GROM VLine system on some Lexus models. As an example, check the video here:

Old 07-29-22, 06:22 PM
brainhackr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking of picking up a roadtop setup. On ebay, they got 3 different setups for RX. LOW - MED - HIGH. but on their website, they just sell one. any idea?

https://www.ebay.com/str/roadtop/for...cat=3875628619
Old 08-13-22, 07:42 PM
brainhackr
Driver School Candidate

I just installed Roadtop. Unless I do bluetooth connection, I can't use steering wheel call accept / hang up button. is that normal?
Old 08-14-22, 06:48 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by brainhackr
I just installed Roadtop. Unless I do bluetooth connection, I can't use steering wheel call accept / hang up button. is that normal?
I don't like to call it normal, i would day is the system limitation.

I connect the phone Bluetooth to both the car and Roadtop. I setup iPhone to connect to headset, which by design should force calls to the car, but most of the time Roadtop still takes the call which means that the source has to be on AUX in order to hear the other party. I can pickup with steering wheel, but sounds still goes to Roadtop on AUX.

It is frustrating at times.
Old 08-26-22, 03:05 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 107 Posts

hi so im in a market to make my rx450h have apple carplay, which one is best to get right now?
Old 09-13-22, 07:34 AM
rhpt
4th Gear

Question Aftermarket Carplay for Rx 350?

Is there any sort of aftermarket accessory that will enable Carplay in a 2017 Rx? I know there are devices to enable wireless Carplay, but I'm simply looking for something that will allow me to use it.

Thank you
Old 09-13-22, 08:04 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by rhpt
Is there any sort of aftermarket accessory that will enable Carplay in a 2017 Rx? I know there are devices to enable wireless Carplay, but I'm simply looking for something that will allow me to use it.

Thank you
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. The 4th generation RX has been out since 2015, so many common questions about this model have already been discussed. I encourage you to search before starting a new thread (search link in upper right hand corner of this sub-forum’s window) as there is a fair chance it has already been explored during the past seven years.

Now, to answer your question, this has been discussed extensively in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...017-rx350.html
Old 09-30-22, 09:29 AM
brainhackr
Driver School Candidate

so I installed the roadtop. I dont think this roadtop receiver issue. The unit itself works really well. Very minor problem is I do hear engine sound through AUX port. This is very minor as it's barely noticeable, only when driving slow speed and no music playing. I think it's installation issue. I saw two ground wires and I thought they had to be connected to ground, so I combined two ground wires that was coming from roadtop unit and wired to the metal frame on the right side of the radio unit. I think this is the problem, but what else was I supposed to do? any suggestions?
Old 09-30-22, 10:48 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by brainhackr
so I installed the roadtop. I dont think this roadtop receiver issue. The unit itself works really well. Very minor problem is I do hear engine sound through AUX port. This is very minor as it's barely noticeable, only when driving slow speed and no music playing. I think it's installation issue. I saw two ground wires and I thought they had to be connected to ground, so I combined two ground wires that was coming from roadtop unit and wired to the metal frame on the right side of the radio unit. I think this is the problem, but what else was I supposed to do? any suggestions?

Contact them through WhatsApp. They are really good at responding to issues and coming up with a solution. They helped me out several times for my installation.

I don't hear the engine in AUX or bluetooth.

My only issue is that Iphone randomly sends calls to cars bluetooth and next time to head set then another time to Carplay that is only on Aux.
Old 09-30-22, 11:25 AM
brainhackr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Contact them through WhatsApp. They are really good at responding to issues and coming up with a solution. They helped me out several times for my installation.

I don't hear the engine in AUX or bluetooth.

My only issue is that Iphone randomly sends calls to cars bluetooth and next time to head set then another time to Carplay that is only on Aux.
do you know their watsapp?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350