RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016+ navigation screen removal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-18, 11:31 AM
HenryNYC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016+ navigation screen removal?

Does anyone know how or have a link on how to remove the navigation screen? Long story short, I have a nasty rattle/creaking/ticking sound around the screen area. I have isolated it to be the plastic frame that surrounds the screen.I want to remove it and use some felt to cushion it. Trying to avoid the dealership but that would be my worse case scenario if I can't find instructions or it's too complicated to do.

Thanks for any help.
Henry
Old 10-24-18, 02:13 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Because i this is a 2016+, the vehicle is under warranty. If I were you I would not attempt to fix this. Take it to the Lexus dealer so you don't introduce any additional problems and have Lexus deny any future warranty fix.
Old 10-24-18, 10:26 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryNYC
Does anyone know how or have a link on how to remove the navigation screen? Long story short, I have a nasty rattle/creaking/ticking sound around the screen area. I have isolated it to be the plastic frame that surrounds the screen.I want to remove it and use some felt to cushion it. Trying to avoid the dealership but that would be my worse case scenario if I can't find instructions or it's too complicated to do.

Thanks for any help.
Henry
I actually saw something on this removal recently but can't remember where although most likely on this forum. From memory it said there's a thin panel in front of the screen, pry that up and also lift the rear cover from the screen, you then find three bolts, 2 in front 1 at the rear, or visa versa, remove bolts and the screen comes away.
Old 10-29-18, 12:52 PM
HenryNYC
Driver

Originally Posted by Scrutator
Because i this is a 2016+, the vehicle is under warranty. If I were you I would not attempt to fix this. Take it to the Lexus dealer so you don't introduce any additional problems and have Lexus deny any future warranty fix.
It is under warranty. Just want to avoid dealership if I can but I understand your concerns on future warranty claims and whatnot. Figure if it was a quick and simple thing. I rather just take it out, add some felt and call it a day.
Old 10-29-18, 12:56 PM
HenryNYC
Driver

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
I actually saw something on this removal recently but can't remember where although most likely on this forum. From memory it said there's a thin panel in front of the screen, pry that up and also lift the rear cover from the screen, you then find three bolts, 2 in front 1 at the rear, or visa versa, remove bolts and the screen comes away.
I'll take a closer look. I seen other vids on screen removals but it was on a IS and it had that panel at the base where the screws/bolts were hidden. Just wasn't sure if it applies to the RX which is a little different. Will keep digging.

thanks.
Old 07-07-20, 11:28 AM
AndrewTO
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Did you end up fixing the sound?

I have a similar issue on my 2016 RX, and of course it pops up after the basic warranty expired.

I've removed the panel in front of and underneath the screen and added felt tape all around it, but that made absolutely no difference so I'm thinking the noise has to be coming from the panel behind the navigation screen.