RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Can't turn on traction control

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-18, 07:27 AM
keneaise
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can't turn on traction control

2019 rx350 150 miles. Traction control will not turn on. No matter how many times i push the button, the display continues to show that traction control is off. Anyone have this problem before and found a solution? Thanks,
The following users liked this post:
Marybl216 (12-07-23)
Old 11-29-18, 08:07 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

It's on all the time, the VSC light flashes when it is indicating slippage. The text readout says it's off when deactivated, which you might choose in deep snow or sand--deactivate by pushing the button. If there is a malfunction, the display will come on if that is the case. That's for the dealer to fix. Even if turned off, it reactivates when you increase vehicle speed but if you held the button 3 seconds to deactivate all the slip/sway controls they do not automatically reactivate. It's around page 378 in the manual.
keneaise (11-29-18)
Old 11-29-18, 09:22 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by keneaise
2019 rx350 150 miles. Traction control will not turn on. No matter how many times i push the button, the display continues to show that traction control is off. Anyone have this problem before and found a solution? Thanks,
it’s on all the time. The button is to turn it off.
The following 2 users liked this post by qvtruong:
keneaise (11-30-18), Marybl216 (12-07-23)
Old 11-30-18, 06:38 AM
keneaise
Driver School Candidate

The confusing thing is that the display never shows traction control is on... Never. Lane assist right below it on the display shows on and off each time that button is pushed but traction control always shows off. I just cant see lexus showing off all the time if it is in fact on. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-30-18, 07:20 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

The confusing thing is that the display never shows traction control is on... Never. Lane assist right below it on the display shows on and off each time that button is pushed but traction control always shows off. I just cant see lexus showing off all the time if it is in fact on. Doesn't make sense to me.
I'd say 99% of cars have no obvious sign that traction control is activated. It just is. Just like VSC, EBD, ABS, etc. If they all indicated they were on, it'd be Christmas on the instrument panel all the time.
keneaise (11-30-18)
Old 11-30-18, 09:25 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

it is always on. There is a light that comes on when it is off/disabled.
Old 02-09-19, 07:28 AM
keneaise
Driver School Candidate

Question VSC PROBLEM. Anyone else have this issue?

2019 RX 350
The button turns traction control off every time but it never turns it back on as this message says it should. Do I have a defective button? Does the button work for you properly?

"How to turn traction control on Lexus?"
"To turn TRAC off, simply push and release the VSC OFF button. The "TRAC OFF" indicator light should come on. Push the button again to turn TRAC back on. Push and hold the button for three seconds to turn off both TRAC and VSC."
Old 02-09-19, 07:49 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

You are thinking backward. In any vehicle I drove they are on by default, you can turn it off tho when you need to.
Another case of not reading the manual?
The following 2 users liked this post by Htony:
Cocal (02-09-19), Marybl216 (12-07-23)
Old 02-09-19, 08:02 AM
keneaise
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Htony
You are thinking backward. In any vehicle I drove they are on by default, you can turn it off tho when you need to.
Another case of not reading the manual?
First off, there is no reason to be smart *** or condescending on here. The basis for the question was this instruction that apparently was deleted somehow on the post. Also, my car shows traction control off no matter what I do. I want it back on.

"To turn TRAC off, simply push and release the VSC OFF button. The "TRAC OFF" indicator light should come on. Push the button again to turn TRAC back on. Push and hold the button for three seconds to turn off both TRAC and VSC."
Old 02-09-19, 10:49 AM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

First off, there is no reason to be smart *** or condescending on here. The basis for the question was this instruction that apparently was deleted somehow on the post. Also, my car shows traction control off no matter what I do. I want it back on.

It's on (actually on standby) all the time. No indicator light. It's "actually" on when your car loses traction and the system activates traction control. In the split second when the system is trying to regain traction, there will be an indicator flash briefly.

It says push the button, TRAC OFF showing means traction off. Push again to turn it back on and the TRAC OFF disappears, which mean it's on (on standby). I thought it's pretty clear.
Old 02-09-19, 12:47 PM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

"When the message is displayed on the multi-information display showing that TRAC
has been disabled even if has not been pressed
TRAC cannot be operated. Contact your Lexus dealer."
Old 12-08-20, 08:23 PM
Verndog08
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts
Default New RXh owner with Trac control question

I recently purchased a 2017 RX450h certified with 10,000 miles on it and was reading the manual for traction control on/off. The online version shows a trac button to the right of the shifter in console and I see nothing there. This again is a hybrid AWD and I'm wondering if that is not an option in the RXh version?
I'm a long time Toyota owner and this is my first Lexus so I'm learning a lot about hybrids the last couple of days.

Thanks for your reply..
Kevin