RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

iPod starts playing first song after Nov 2018 update

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-19, 04:31 PM
LollyG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod starts playing first song after Nov 2018 update

I use an ipod in the small console area between the front seats. It's connected via USB and has been great for having all my song/playlists available when driving (along with cover art). It worked perfectly until.....

After the Nov (?) 2018 Lexus software update the iPod frequently forgets what song it was playing when starting the car and starts with the first song (alphabetically). It's not consistent in that it doesn't happen every time (and sometimes happens during a drive when switching between XM and media (ipod)).

The typical scenario is when I drive while listening to the iPod, then switch to the radio/XM and then I switch back to the iPod before turning the car off - it remembers what song is playing (most of the time) at that time, but when I start the car the next day, the iPod doesn't remember what song was being played.

I've looked and, before I turn on the car, can see that the iPod remembers what song was playing, but when I turn on the car, the song changes which makes me believe it's the result of a signal from the car. This only happened after the Nov update and is annoying.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by LollyG; 01-24-19 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-25-19, 04:12 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,146 Likes on 742 Posts

Read your post and my RX450h does the same thing. Exactly as yours not all the time. Hopefully someone will chime in with help. .
Old 01-25-19, 05:50 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts

I have a 2018 450hl and it has been working perfect with my IPOD, until the other day, when it was not displayed in the audio source list. Does not happen all the time, but after resetting the radio (holding the power button in until it resets), it then sees the IPOD. Other times with I turn off the car, with the IPOD playing, the radio is off when I turn the car back on. When I turn the radio back on it may not see the IPOD. I could be wrong, but I thought it all might have started going wrong when, for the first time, I linked my Bluetooth phone to the audio, and played music. I was an experiment, and one I have been regretting. Maybe I already have the 2018 update because I have a 2018. Hope I have not confused the issue.
Old 01-25-19, 06:48 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by golferjack
I have a 2018 450hl and it has been working perfect with my IPOD, until the other day, when it was not displayed in the audio source list. Does not happen all the time, but after resetting the radio (holding the power button in until it resets), it then sees the IPOD. Other times with I turn off the car, with the IPOD playing, the radio is off when I turn the car back on. When I turn the radio back on it may not see the IPOD. I could be wrong, but I thought it all might have started going wrong when, for the first time, I linked my Bluetooth phone to the audio, and played music. I was an experiment, and one I have been regretting. Maybe I already have the 2018 update because I have a 2018. Hope I have not confused the issue.
most everyone has done this, with no regrets, not sure what issues your having.

As far as the ipod, could be a low battery, resetting when it gets power again. have to look at the ipod when it acts up or before. Not sure ipod models are being used. i have a 160g classic i keep connected to the car.
Old 01-25-19, 07:20 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
most everyone has done this, with no regrets, not sure what issues your having.

As far as the ipod, could be a low battery, resetting when it gets power again. have to look at the ipod when it acts up or before. Not sure ipod models are being used. i have a 160g classic i keep connected to the car.
Don't think it is an IPOD issue. The battery is always fully charged and all works perfectly most of the time. Seems like coincident with the Bluetooth thing the radio does not always turn back on after the car was turned off like it used to. If the radio comes back on when the car is started,then all is well, otherwise there might be an issue. I have a Classic version 5.5, which has worked great until recently.
Someday Toyota will go to Car Play or Android Play and dump Enform/Entune.