RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2019 Lexus RX350 F-Sport: A Closer Look

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-19, 04:58 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
I had a Rx- f sport- hated it; it was too stiff from suspension perspective and you could feel everything. I would stay very far away from a RX-F sport. It looks good but that about it you aren't getting any performance upgrades at all. (brakes/engine/ everything is the same)
I doubt if you actually own an FSport. Your claims appeared to indicate that you don't have experience driving an FSport 4RX. "Stiff suspension" and "could feel everything" sound like you were driving a Nissan Z or something like a BMW Z3/Z4
Folks who actually own, or want to own an FSport sometimes have issue with the seat while preferring the FSport in other aspects.
Old 02-05-19, 05:44 PM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ut2sua
I doubt if you actually own an FSport. Your claims appeared to indicate that you don't have experience driving an FSport 4RX. "Stiff suspension" and "could feel everything" sound like you were driving a Nissan Z or something like a BMW Z3/Z4
Agreed!
Actually, most reviews I've read directly compare the X5, Q7 and MDX to the 4RX ...generally, they all say the Lexus is by far the smoothest. This persons account of a harsh ride directly contradicts practically every review I've read not to mention my own personal experience. Seems that goes for a lot others, as well. And trying to compare an RX F Sport ride quality to an LS's is like comparing apples to screwdrivers! Two totally different things.
Old 02-05-19, 11:55 PM
PredatorRx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2017 Fsports here. Initial impression was the seats are firm. After a while you get used to it. Just took a 2200 mile road trip with some off road, not much complaints from the passengers. The sports+ suspension is nice on a windy road and makes this SUV feels like a sports sedan.
Old 02-06-19, 08:20 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Originally Posted by D4V1D
Agreed!
Actually, most reviews I've read directly compare the X5, Q7 and MDX to the 4RX ...generally, they all say the Lexus is by far the smoothest. This persons account of a harsh ride directly contradicts practically every review I've read not to mention my own personal experience. Seems that goes for a lot others, as well. And trying to compare an RX F Sport ride quality to an LS's is like comparing apples to screwdrivers! Two totally different things.
Comparing the RX to an LS is pretty laughable I agree.
Old 02-06-19, 05:55 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

okay..dont have to prove a thing..
Folks who actually own, or want to own an FSport sometimes have issue with the seat while preferring the FSport in other aspects.
Old 02-06-19, 05:57 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

if you had read all my post, I simply said Fsport < Regular Rx as in ride quality. The comparison to LS was simply our kids input. for the record, Rx f sport rode worse than the GX I have or even the LX with 21: wheels. I know its very laughable a unibody rides worse than body on frame.

Agreed!

Last edited by UZ214; 02-06-19 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-06-19, 06:02 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Agree, the suspension was very nice on curvy roads, almost want you to drive faster that why I upgraded the brakes. I highly recommend EBC rotors I think they were ultimax with yellow stuff. Made the brakes very "grabby".
Originally Posted by PredatorRx
2017 Fsports here. Initial impression was the seats are firm. After a while you get used to it. Just took a 2200 mile road trip with some off road, not much complaints from the passengers. The sports+ suspension is nice on a windy road and makes this SUV feels like a sports sedan.
Old 02-07-19, 02:17 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

UZ, I think you're off base just a little and unfairly judging the F-Sport. I'm sure you're aware that, for the most part, the F-Sport trim on all Lexus models is mostly just an appearance package. In the case of the RX, only when Sport+ drive mode is selected does it exhibit anything different than a regular RX in the suspension. Now, I will agree that the F-Sport seats are just a bit, and I mean a bit, more firm and will agree that they definately have bigger bolsters, but the ride quality from the standard RX and the F-Sport are truly no different apart from the special Sport+ mode.

It sounds like you just don't care for the RX and are looking for reasons not to like it even more. Your argument about too firm a ride is simply falling on deaf ears on this site due to your conclusions literally being completely opposite from most everyone who owns one...not to mention the plethora of journalists that have lauded this vehicle for its smooth riding demeanor. In fact, most journalist say it's too smooth and soft when directly compared to its competition and rivals, particularly in the sportier trim levels.

I think it's best that you just let this one go. Your opinion definately flies in the face of the majority. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited by D4V1D; 02-07-19 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-07-19, 07:11 AM
mnemons
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a custom mode for you to adjust the settings on power, suspension, and air condition on F-Sport.
Old 02-07-19, 07:55 AM
vclifford
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they 3 other cars sitting on the driveway RX is not even in the equation , they dont want to ride in the RX because its "bumpy". Hard to reason with a 5&6 year old
Man, they are following their mother, whatever she says is gold
Old 02-07-19, 03:02 PM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

We love the sporty look, ride and quietness of the RX450h, much better than the LX450 & Acura MDX that we had before. Although the firm seats look a while to get used to. Suspension and steering are perfect!
Old 02-08-19, 06:53 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

the argument I was making is we liked the regular RX much more than the F sport version. I think the F sport uses stiffer springs. I am not sure if any one had both both back to back to have their input, seems like people are just pissed that I am bath mouthing their F sport versions. I am not ..that was not my intentions. I like the Rx as I said I had 5 of them, we had every single iteration of the RX. I almost bought the RX350L, but the 3rd row was too tight that was the only issue.

UZ, I think you're off base just a little and unfairly judging the F-Sport. I'm sure you're aware that, for the most part, the F-Sport trim on all Lexus models is mostly just an appearance package. In the case of the RX, only when Sport+ drive mode is selected does it exhibit anything different than a regular RX in the suspension. Now, I will agree that the F-Sport seats are just a bit, and I mean a bit, more firm and will agree that they definately have bigger bolsters, but the ride quality from the standard RX and the F-Sport are truly no different apart from the special Sport+ mode.

It sounds like you just don't care for the RX and are looking for reasons not to like it even more. Your argument about too firm a ride is simply falling on deaf ears on this site due to your conclusions literally being completely opposite from most everyone who owns one...not to mention the plethora of journalists that have lauded this vehicle for its smooth riding demeanor. In fact, most journalist say it's too smooth and soft when directly compared to its competition and rivals, particularly in the sportier trim levels.

I think it's best that you just let this one go. Your opinion definately flies in the face of the majority. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Old 02-08-19, 10:42 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

the argument I was making is we liked the regular RX much more than the F sport version. I think the F sport uses stiffer springs. I am not sure if any one had both both back to back to have their input, seems like people are just pissed that I am bath mouthing their F sport versions. I am not ..that was not my intentions. I like the Rx as I said I had 5 of them, we had every single iteration of the RX. I almost bought the RX350L, but the 3rd row was too tight that was the only issue.
There is a mode in the Fsport that will make the suspension stiffer, but of course you are not aware of that. The regular RX that you like probably has 18" wheel, and the Fsport doesn't come with that (that adds to the difference in road feel). The Fsport is completely different inside in terms of design, but you haven't noticed that (hence the claim that nothing is different). There is something special in the Fsport instrument panel also, but I don't think you know that. Of course you have owned an Fsport.
Your claim is similar to saying that the Porsche 911 is too slow and the suspension is too soft. Most of us here do criticize Lexus and the various models, but always due to valid, specific reasons. Saying what your kids like and don't like doesn't add much to the discussion. The RX FSport is not built for everyone, and we all get that, but to criticize the model the way you did was neither helpful nor add any dimension to the forum discussion.
Old 02-09-19, 03:27 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

There is a mode in the Fsport that will make the suspension stiffer, but of course you are not aware of that. The regular RX that you like probably has 18" wheel, and the Fsport doesn't come with that (that adds to the difference in road feel). The Fsport is completely different inside in terms of design, but you haven't noticed that (hence the claim that nothing is different). There is something special in the Fsport instrument panel also, but I don't think you know that. Of course you have owned an Fsport.
Your claim is similar to saying that the Porsche 911 is too slow and the suspension is too soft. Most of us here do criticize Lexus and the various models, but always due to valid, specific reasons. Saying what your kids like and don't like doesn't add much to the discussion. The RX FSport is not built for everyone, and we all get that, but to criticize the model the way you did was neither helpful nor add any dimension to the forum discussion.
So what your saying is that the RX-F Sport is stiffer, sportier then a regular F sport due to the AVS settings, biggers wheels and tires over a regular non-F Sport RX, but establishes a happy medium below say a M sport BMW, similar to the @UZ214 was on about?

The F-Sport works for Lexus buyers who want half of what a BMW M-Sport vehicles do, at a fraction of the cost. People clearly like, as it sells well so good job all round.

@UZ214 The benches in the back are probably padded similar, its probably upto different setups of the AVS. I dont expect anything in the RX price category to perform like an LS, but understandable since I assume you wanted a more cloud like feel. Unfortunately the LX is probably the only Lexus badge vehicle with anything near cloud like 4x4, but You`d probably be best looking at an GLS if you wanted that feel with good road manners.
Old 02-09-19, 11:55 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

I agree with you.

Originally Posted by coolsaber
So what your saying is that the RX-F Sport is stiffer, sportier then a regular F sport due to the AVS settings, biggers wheels and tires over a regular non-F Sport RX, but establishes a happy medium below say a M sport BMW, similar to the @UZ214 was on about?

The F-Sport works for Lexus buyers who want half of what a BMW M-Sport vehicles do, at a fraction of the cost. People clearly like, as it sells well so good job all round.

@UZ214 The benches in the back are probably padded similar, its probably upto different setups of the AVS. I dont expect anything in the RX price category to perform like an LS, but understandable since I assume you wanted a more cloud like feel. Unfortunately the LX is probably the only Lexus badge vehicle with anything near cloud like 4x4, but You`d probably be best looking at an GLS if you wanted that feel with good road manners.