RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Is scanning radio stations possible in a 2018 RX 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-19, 11:57 AM
Ennabre
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is scanning radio stations possible in a 2018 RX 350

I just purchased a certified used 2018 RX 350 this week. Does anyone knows if it is possible to scan all radio stations (including AM/FM/SAT) without having to reach over to the tuning dial on the right side of the control panel while driving? I assumed that every car has this basic feature. It is driving me nuts that I can't figure it out! It's nice when I want to listen to more than my preset stations and even nicer to have this option when driving out of my area when not familiar with the radio stations that are available while on the road.
Old 03-27-19, 12:25 PM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Generally yes but how depends on NAV, no NAV, and the steering wheel switches offer options along with the controller. I suggest you download the online manual from the Lexus owners site, search Scan, and spend some time there if you don't have paper. It's pretty complex to boil down to a forum post. I think it will only scan within a band but it will scan your presets across bands...lots of ways to control the radio.
The following users liked this post:
Ennabre (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 03:51 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 865 Likes on 652 Posts

Does your new (to you) RX have Navigation? The dash hard button "Radio" is for everything Outside the car: AM/FM/Sat.
If you are looking at the Preset Page with six (6) slots, go to the "Info" button on the right to concentrate on one (1) station
Along the bottom of that screen is "Scan" When you find stations to add to Presets notice that you can add them in two
different areas, Mixed Presets and Individual Presets. Mixed allows you to put all your News Channels regardless of band
on one page, all your Talk Stations regardless of band together, Music with HD1 and HD2 and Sat all grouped. Individual
Presets just gather all AM together, FM together and Sat. Note that you can use the "rocker" on the center console between
the Map and Menu buttons to quickly scroll Any screen that has three (3) or more lines...stations, songs, destinations, phone
numbers, roads on a route...anything! The rocker also is the easiest way to zoom the map, push forward edge to zoom in
and the back edge to zoom out. One last fun feature now that you are jammin', the left steering wheel button "Mode" will
obviously jump you from AM to FM to Sat to Bluetooth...when you just tap it. If you press and hold the Mode button you
will Mute a stations or Pause a playback such as a CD or iTune.
Old 06-09-22, 02:50 AM
tomhank
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Setting up radio stations in your car gives you more control over what you listen to while driving. There's no need to be concerned about distractions when you need to shift your focus from the road to the home screen. There will be no more aggravation as you flip from one frequency to another, hoping that your favorite station will appear. All you have to do is press a single button on the Favorites menu, and you're done.
Old 06-09-22, 09:10 AM
jrobe
Pit Crew

Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhank
Setting up radio stations in your car gives you more control over what you listen to while driving. There's no need to be concerned about distractions when you need to shift your focus from the road to the home screen. There will be no more aggravation as you flip from one frequency to another, hoping that your favorite station will appear. All you have to do is press a single button on the Favorites menu, and you're done.
Of course, this assumes you never leave your home area and the radio stations never change.