RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

What were the first things you added to your RX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-20, 12:53 AM
gkar
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverFire
Lexus RX350 Luxury Package (AWD)

- Remote Car Starter (which isn't so user friendly with the normal small remote for the Lexus I find)
- Lexus Dash Cam
- Cargo Liner (made in my province, and very heavy duty)
- That paint pro protection film for the whole hood.
- Lexus tow hitch with wire harness
- Body Side Modeling (very important to stop door bumpers at warmart)
- Lexus Side window Deflectors
- Lexus special 18 in winter rims (resistant to salt damage and such)
- Anti Rust under coating (they pump into the doors and other spots, but amazing if you live by salt water or winter areas)

Basically I got everything at the time I could except the running boards, the RX350 isn't high enough to me to have a need for them. I didn't get the roof rack not only because I don't carry things on my vehicles roofs but they/re also hard on fuel mileage (adds more wind resistance.) And with I was told with the 3M clear film paint pro that they put on the hood I wouldn't need the old style hood deflector.

Can you share your remote start HW details pls? thanks!
Old 01-29-20, 07:04 AM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gkar
Can you share your remote start HW details pls? thanks!
Sure I can. Lexus START+ Long Range Remote Engine Starter. Here is the youtube video, as well as a pictures of the little instruction tags that come with the Lexus remote car starter/

Last edited by SilverFire; 01-29-20 at 07:33 AM. Reason: adding content / spelling mistakes
The following users liked this post:
eddie420 (03-12-21)
Old 01-29-20, 09:09 PM
gkar
Rookie

Awesome, thank you! will look into DYI options, since our dealers dont carry this!

also if you ever decide to go for running boards there is running board with laser angel wing projectors. sourced from china, bit difficult to get stuff now with latest events.

exonw (05-16-21)
Old 01-29-20, 09:12 PM
gkar
Rookie

Rear door light upgrade with very bright led unit, all plug and play. One on the rear door is enough to light the whole baggage area, but 2 more can be added on the sides, if more light is needed.
initially replaced the bulb with led but just wasnt bright enough!

Old 01-30-20, 04:41 AM
tonyroman
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gkar
Rear door light upgrade with very bright led unit, all plug and play. One on the rear door is enough to light the whole baggage area, but 2 more can be added on the sides, if more light is needed.
initially replaced the bulb with led but just wasnt bright enough!

Where did you purchase? Thanks.
Old 01-30-20, 08:31 AM
Emaniat
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What haven't I modded???

Present Mods already done
1. Front window tint 30%.
2. Blacked out all the chrome on the exterior (including roof rails) w/ vinyl wrap or plasti-dip.
3. Front lighted door sills.
4. 20" FSport rims
5. JDM Sequential taillights.
6. Swapped out all interior incandescent lights with leds.
7. Alexa Auto
8. Canadian rugged rear cargo tray that also protects the rear seat backs (Canada only accessory).

Near future projects
1. Cross-drilled / slotted rotors w/ upgraded brake pads.
2. MGP Caliper covers

Distant horizon upgrades
1. Rear heated seats (car is already factory half prewired for factory OEM rear heated seats)
2. 2020 RX 350 Suspension upgrades
3. Beatsonic Apple CarPlay / Android auto add-on (or figure out what Lexus parts are needed to upgrade this to the 2020 factory spec model).
4. Premium Luxury seats with electric thigh bolsters (s/b plug and play) (pie in the sky upgrade).
5. Engine block heater.

The 4th Gen RX 350 is a global modular vehicle that appears to be pretty prewired for a lot of upgrades from the higher models.

Heck the Australian versions you can get a premium luxury version with the electronic suspension... Why don't we get them here or the Canadian versions you can get a lot easier with rear heated seats.

Last edited by Emaniat; 01-30-20 at 08:35 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Emaniat:
gkar (01-30-20), LRX05 (01-30-20)
Old 01-30-20, 09:42 PM
gkar
Rookie

@tonyroman
got them from Tmall.com for the link click here:
Old 01-30-20, 09:54 PM
gkar
Rookie

Originally Posted by Emaniat
What haven't I modded???

2. Blacked out all the chrome on the exterior (including roof rails) w/ vinyl wrap or plasti-dip.
4. 20" FSport rims
7. Alexa Auto
8. Canadian rugged rear cargo tray that also protects the rear seat backs (Canada only accessory).

Near future projects
2. MGP Caliper covers

Distant horizon upgrades
1. Rear heated seats (car is already factory half prewired for factory OEM rear heated seats)
3. Beatsonic Apple CarPlay / Android auto add-on (or figure out what Lexus parts are needed to upgrade this to the 2020 factory spec model).
4. Premium Luxury seats with electric thigh bolsters (s/b plug and play) (pie in the sky upgrade).
5. Engine block heater.

The 4th Gen RX 350 is a global modular vehicle that appears to be pretty prewired for a lot of upgrades from the higher models.

Heck the Australian versions you can get a premium luxury version with the electronic suspension... Why don't we get them here or the Canadian versions you can get a lot easier with rear heated seats.
Agree with you on options, not sure why Canada RXs seems to have more cost cutting done to them than other plants. example: tow hook and front tow hook cover is not included. Wish there would be an electric self adjustting suspension option.
Can you share where did you get the JDM sequential taillight mod details like cost/source and etc? thanks!
Old 01-31-20, 07:24 AM
Emaniat
Driver

There were a couple of vendors I found on the internet out in California from a google
search. I don’t remember which one - sorry. I got them 3 years ago. Four lights - four wiring harnesses not cheap. Close to 2k usd.

You need both the hatch and quarter panel lights. They are paired due to the sequencing of the led lights. You CANNOT use the quarter panel housing that uses the incandescent bulbs (base model lights) with the led sequencing housing on the hatch/liftgate. If you do the tailgate module will NOT turn on. If you have the premium lights that has the side led housing then you might be able to get away with the sequencing led housings for the lift gate from the us only but I’m not sure. The sequencing logic is coded in the housing and controlled by CAAN.

Last edited by Emaniat; 01-31-20 at 07:32 AM.
gkar (02-02-20)
Old 02-02-20, 06:55 AM
gkar
Rookie

There were a couple of vendors I found on the internet out in California from a google
search. I don’t remember which one - sorry. I got them 3 years ago. Four lights - four wiring harnesses not cheap. Close to 2k usd.

You need both the hatch and quarter panel lights. They are paired due to the sequencing of the led lights. You CANNOT use the quarter panel housing that uses the incandescent bulbs (base model lights) with the led sequencing housing on the hatch/liftgate. If you do the tailgate module will NOT turn on. If you have the premium lights that has the side led housing then you might be able to get away with the sequencing led housings for the lift gate from the us only but I’m not sure. The sequencing logic is coded in the housing and controlled by CAAN.
Thanks, I read somewhere that RXs in China mainland have sequenccial turn signals as a standard feature, saw full set of premium lights around 2k, picture showed small controllerish looking attachment on hetrear light set. Of course Chinese description is difficult at best to understand will contact askthe vendor and if they have sequenccial turn signals.
Old 02-02-20, 09:45 AM
Emaniat
Driver

I saw on YouTube last week a review of a 2020 JDM RX with the premium head and tail lights. They were also sequential and looked very cool too.

If you have the 2016-19 American RX with the premium triple beam headlights. The JDM front triple beam headlights also have sequential turn signals. You can swap them out also. Don’t think you can mix and match front lights with the base cause triple beam headlights also have a cornering light next to the fog lights.
Old 02-03-20, 05:47 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

What haven't I modded???

4. 20" FSport rims
7. Alexa Auto

Near future projects
2. MGP Caliper covers

Distant horizon upgrades
5. Engine block heater.

Please do share if you figure out how to do the rear heated seats. I'm extremely disappointed we didn't get this feature in the US models.
Old 02-03-20, 07:10 AM
Emaniat
Driver

What they don’t tell you is you can get it without the power seat option. They just bundle it to make more money. They should just package it with the cold weather package. Duh... it gets cold in the states too not just Canada. You can get the part numbers for the upper and lower heating elements for both right and left seats from online Lexus/Toyota parts companies. I just haven’t been able to get the plug in wiring harness part numbers that go to the seats from the main harness. My rear console and fuse block are already prewired for rear heated seats. Go figure...

Just search 2016-19 RX350 with the options you want on places like car.com. Then get its vin number from that sight - plug it in to the online parts places and it’ll have the options you want. Just look for it and write down the numbers.

Local auto upholstery shops or 3rd party custom shops can do the install with the oem factory parts.

Last edited by Emaniat; 02-03-20 at 07:15 AM.
ravenuer (02-03-20)
Old 02-04-20, 12:35 AM
gkar
Rookie

latest addition, stainless steel lower trim, i know chrome delete is the trend now, but lower trim seems to complement overall styling of RX, also protects from scrapes and scratches.

The following 3 users liked this post by gkar:
baam (06-17-21), exonw (05-16-21), Kajnbabe (08-11-20)
Old 02-04-20, 02:12 AM
Emaniat
Driver

Aeon,

Thats what I was figuring parts would cost. Glad you answered the heating pad question I had. I’ll keep my eyes open for a donor vehicle then. Or just used parts (seats) on the web. Sounds like then you wouldn’t recommend 3rd party add on heated seats as an option? I can get add on’s in my 2017 easier than buying a new 2020. The wife wouldn’t go for that. Plus I like modding my rides. Passes time and wows the neighbors. P.S. The front heats seat switches for some reason need to be swapped out to another version if you have rear heated seats.

Last edited by Emaniat; 02-04-20 at 02:29 AM.

Quick Reply: What were the first things you added to your RX?