RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Going to lease a 2019 RX 350 need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 05:39 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to lease a 2019 RX 350 need advice...

Hi everybody! I’m new to the forum I’ve been looking for the past week. So I’m in negotiations to lease a 2019 RX 350 I currently have a Toyota limited 4Runner andthe lease is ending in November. I’m getting a really good deal on the 2019 RX 350, so I’m thinking about ending the lease early, I plan on going into the dealership tomorrow. My only hesitation is should I wait until November to see what the 2020 RX 350 looks like ? my husband thinks that even if I wait until then I will not get this kind of deal on a 2020 model, That I will most likely still end up with a 2019 and I might as well enjoy your new car in the summer time. What do you think? What have your experiences been?
Old 05-13-19, 07:07 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,560 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by koukla76
Hi everybody! I’m new to the forum I’ve been looking for the past week. So I’m in negotiations to lease a 2019 RX 350 I currently have a Toyota limited 4Runner andthe lease is ending in November. I’m getting a really good deal on the 2019 RX 350, so I’m thinking about ending the lease early, I plan on going into the dealership tomorrow. My only hesitation is should I wait until November to see what the 2020 RX 350 looks like ? my husband thinks that even if I wait until then I will not get this kind of deal on a 2020 model, That I will most likely still end up with a 2019 and I might as well enjoy your new car in the summer time. What do you think? What have your experiences been?
Unlikely the 2020 will have any major changes. If it does, your husband is spot on - the deal will likely be less attractive.
Old 05-13-19, 07:15 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Unlikely the 2020 will have any major changes. If it does, your husband is spot on - the deal will likely be less attractive.
OK that feels very validating. I asked the sales guy if there’s gonna be any major changes and he said they’re just going to change the grill a little bit but that’s it. And he also said that the lease offers on the 2020 will not be anyway as good than on a 2019. My husband said the 2019 is a beautiful car and then by the time this lease ends, there will most likely be a complete redesign on the RX 350 that I can get in 2022 lol
I’m just one of those people that gets nervous that I may like the new grill better than this one LOL I know it sounds stupid but that’s just how I am ha ha
Old 05-13-19, 07:28 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 380 Posts

OK that feels very validating. I asked the sales guy if there’s gonna be any major changes and he said they’re just going to change the grill a little bit but that’s it. And he also said that the lease offers on the 2020 will not be anyway as good than on a 2019. My husband said the 2019 is a beautiful car and then by the time this lease ends, there will most likely be a complete redesign on the RX 350 that I can get in 2022 lol
I’m just one of those people that gets nervous that I may like the new grill better than this one LOL I know it sounds stupid but that’s just how I am ha ha
In my case, I hate the Lexus grille. I think it's ugly, but I can't see it when driving, so I don't care!
The following users liked this post:
Cocal (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 07:31 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ravenuer
In my case, I hate the Lexus grille. I think it's ugly, but I can't see it when driving, so I don't care!
Lol! That’s so funny! I don’t feel that way I think the RX 350 is very good looking, sportier and more modern looking than all the other crossovers out there. But I am aware that a lot of people don’t love the grill. I just hate when you get a new car and they change something on it right after you buy it ha ha
Old 05-13-19, 08:57 AM
Archryhntn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it matters to you 2020 is supposed to have Carplay.
Old 05-13-19, 09:00 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

Usually when a vehicle is a brand new design or after the mid cycle refresh that’s when the incentives get scarce because the demand is high. When it’s getting towards the end of the life cycle that’s when they introduce incentives to get rid of the old design. Truth be told salesman are salesman half the time they don’t pay attention to what changes are coming unless it’s something where there briefed on. Now the other half the time there going to lie to you. Most sales ppl aren’t going to tell you holdout until next month where going to have a $2000 additional incentive or don’t buy it next month there going to have appleplay.
Old 05-13-19, 09:45 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ellocovg
Usually when a vehicle is a brand new design or after the mid cycle refresh that’s when the incentives get scarce because the demand is high. When it’s getting towards the end of the life cycle that’s when they introduce incentives to get rid of the old design. Truth be told salesman are salesman half the time they don’t pay attention to what changes are coming unless it’s something where there briefed on. Now the other half the time there going to lie to you. Most sales ppl aren’t going to tell you holdout until next month where going to have a $2000 additional incentive or don’t buy it next month there going to have appleplay.
Very true. So I’m assuming refreshed grill and maybe Apple CarPlay , other than that it’s staying the same. And I will most likely not get a very good deal on a 2020 in November. So my husband is right, I’ll just get the 2019 and in three years when my lease is up again , hopefully there will be a brand new model/body style rx out.
Old 05-13-19, 10:36 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Very true. So I’m assuming refreshed grill and maybe Apple CarPlay , other than that it’s staying the same. And I will most likely not get a very good deal on a 2020 in November. So my husband is right,
Husbands are always right!
The following users liked this post:
ravenuer (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 05:23 PM
bgil47
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Very true. So I’m assuming refreshed grill and maybe Apple CarPlay , other than that it’s staying the same. And I will most likely not get a very good deal on a 2020 in November. So my husband is right, I’ll just get the 2019 and in three years when my lease is up again , hopefully there will be a brand new model/body style rx out.
I over analyze this stuff as well. Because of my timing, I will get a 2020 RX in December/January time frame. I do expect minor changes, and hopefully Car play. I am going to buy it, so I will keep it for a long time. You are probably in a good spot by leasing one for 3 years and at the end of your lease you can upgrade to whatever Lexus ends up doing.
Enjoy!
Old 05-13-19, 05:40 PM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

As a note, most of the time, the value of the purchase is what we in our heads tell ourselves. There will always be something better/newer with more value just around the corner. Just make sure it ticks all your check boxes and decide what it's worth to you.
Old 05-13-19, 08:05 PM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2ndName
As a note, most of the time, the value of the purchase is what we in our heads tell ourselves. There will always be something better/newer with more value just around the corner. Just make sure it ticks all your check boxes and decide what it's worth to you.
You’re hundred percent right and I totally need to stop over analyzing ! I went today and test drove it , i love the car ! I just can’t decide between atomic silver or Eminent white both with stratus gray interior. I was all about going in and getting the white and then I saw the atomic silver it was so cool looking. Pictures do not do it justice at all. Also, by the way , my sales guy said 2020 rx will have a refresh grill and it will have CarPlay, but he said they will probably take me out of my lease in two years even though it’s a three-year lease , so not to worry about it I can always upgrade in a couple years of if i care to! This is the same sales guy my dad goes to for his Lexus , and they always pull him out of his lease early , not sure why.
Old 05-13-19, 08:29 PM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You’re hundred percent right and I totally need to stop over analyzing ! I went today and test drove it , i love the car ! I just can’t decide between atomic silver or Eminent white both with stratus gray interior. I was all about going in and getting the white and then I saw the atomic silver it was so cool looking. Pictures do not do it justice at all. Also, by the way , my sales guy said 2020 rx will have a refresh grill and it will have CarPlay, but he said they will probably take me out of my lease in two years even though it’s a three-year lease , so not to worry about it I can always upgrade in a couple years of if i care to! This is the same sales guy my dad goes to for his Lexus , and they always pull him out of his lease early , not sure why.
Yah, definitely not just you. We were just there about 1 month ago. Sit around and wait for the 2020 or get a nicely optioned CPO and just enjoy the car. We went with the CPO, lol.

We picked out the Eminent White color as we always wanted a white car. My wife drove around a black car for 6 years so it was time for a change. Silver is really easy to maintain so that's definitely a plus. I really like the Atomic Silver since it's less blue compared to Nebula Gray.

I bet they'll change the grill. The new non F RC and the non F UX all have F sport looking grills as base. Either they go that route or do more of the sideway grill. Interesting to see how it'll play out.
Old 05-13-19, 09:15 PM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2ndName
Yah, definitely not just you. We were just there about 1 month ago. Sit around and wait for the 2020 or get a nicely optioned CPO and just enjoy the car. We went with the CPO, lol.

We picked out the Eminent White color as we always wanted a white car. My wife drove around a black car for 6 years so it was time for a change. Silver is really easy to maintain so that's definitely a plus. I really like the Atomic Silver since it's less blue compared to Nebula Gray.

I bet they'll change the grill. The new non F RC and the non F UX all have F sport looking grills as base. Either they go that route or do more of the sideway grill. Interesting to see how it'll play out.
My limited 4runner that I’m trading in is white. I usually gravitate to white. My dad has an rx350 in red. So I’m not getting red lol. My husband has a brand new blacked out suv. So black is out, lol. I don’t like the blue and i don’t like silver lining or the nebula.... i personally find gray boring. BUT atomic silver seemed almost like a champagne/gray/bronze very much a chameleon. I also test drove the 450h! So tomorrow i will go back and pick a final color and whether i want to go hybrid or not. There is a RX 450 H coming in at the end of the month in atomic silver with Stratus gray interior, they put my name on it. They are also holding a white RX 350 with stratus gray interior and 20 inch rims for me. So I’m bringing My husband with me to come help me pick! I also noticed they had a white hybrid with parchment interior available so if it side to go with white and i decide i want hybrid, I can always go with that one. They have plenty of atomic silvers but all with black interior abs i don’t want black interior 😩
Old 05-13-19, 09:46 PM
bgil47
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My limited 4runner that I’m trading in is white. I usually gravitate to white. My dad has an rx350 in red. So I’m not getting red lol. My husband has a brand new blacked out suv. So black is out, lol. I don’t like the blue and i don’t like silver lining or the nebula.... i personally find gray boring. BUT atomic silver seemed almost like a champagne/gray/bronze very much a chameleon. I also test drove the 450h! So tomorrow i will go back and pick a final color and whether i want to go hybrid or not. There is a RX 450 H coming in at the end of the month in atomic silver with Stratus gray interior, they put my name on it. They are also holding a white RX 350 with stratus gray interior and 20 inch rims for me. So I’m bringing My husband with me to come help me pick! I also noticed they had a white hybrid with parchment interior available so if it side to go with white and i decide i want hybrid, I can always go with that one. They have plenty of atomic silvers but all with black interior abs i don’t want black interior 😩
I like the white RX also, but I have to agree that Atomic Silver is a real winner. There is one in our area and every time I see it go by it looks fantastic. You can't make a bad choice with any of them.

I would be interested to know what you think about driving the RX 350 vs the 450H.

Quick Reply: Going to lease a 2019 RX 350 need advice...