RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Rear suspension noise (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-19, 09:24 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric0201
My vehicle maybe also have this issue. I can hear a noise only when I start the vehicle every morning. Or I stop the vehicle for a long time.
Do you have more information about that?
You just need to find some speed bumps or crappy roads, preferably the ones that are marked by the government for repavement since the road is so bad. You should hear some squeaking noises coming from the back. I first thought it was the battery booster kit I placed near the spare tires, but after moving it around still happens.

Interestingly, now I have booked an appointment with the dealer the squeaks seem to be gone......
Old 08-12-19, 05:00 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had same squeek on my '18 450 Sport. But it went away. I will drive some more over the speed bumps to be sure the problem went away. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-19, 01:55 PM
vuong05
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been having the squeak problem on the rear passenger side for a while now. First time I mentioned it, they lubricated the joints and it went away briefly. After 6 months, it came back again. I've mentioned it again to the dealer, and they are going to replace the trailing arms via the TSB. Thanks for the info everyone.
The following users liked this post:
elimmigran (08-15-19)
Old 08-19-19, 10:13 AM
ngstevee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vuong05
I've been having the squeak problem on the rear passenger side for a while now. First time I mentioned it, they lubricated the joints and it went away briefly. After 6 months, it came back again. I've mentioned it again to the dealer, and they are going to replace the trailing arms via the TSB. Thanks for the info everyone.
my car 2017 rx350 f sport , in for hesitation issue, they reprogram the ECU,, i told the Service Advisory about squek noise from the rear passenger, too..
both trailing arm replace via TSB no charge.
Old 08-19-19, 11:12 PM
arrowroot
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Great that there's a TSB on this in the US.

Has anyone ad this done in Canada? If so, does anyone have the Canadian TSB#?
Old 09-25-19, 01:33 PM
c3uo
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Does anyone have a copy of the US TSB or a Canadian TSB # (or both). Looking to give my dealer some "guidance".

Thanks!
Old 09-25-19, 02:33 PM
gnguyen
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by c3uo
Does anyone have a copy of the US TSB or a Canadian TSB # (or both). Looking to give my dealer some "guidance".

Thanks!
L-SB-0030-19 - Rear trailing arm squeaking
Old 09-25-19, 04:29 PM
c3uo
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't think Canadian dealers can look up US TSBs, so I was hoping for a copy I could give them.
Old 10-05-19, 12:08 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by c3uo
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't think Canadian dealers can look up US TSBs, so I was hoping for a copy I could give them.
Canada RX here

Went in for checks and they insist I take the technician to a test drive to reproduce the problem. Nothing will be done unless it's proven. Fine, let's go for a test drive.

It literally squeaks right when we are entering the road from dealers lot, so verified.

Pushed for a LSB to replace the trailing arm but no go. They lubed the trailing arm and said it should be good to go.
Attached Thumbnails Rear suspension noise (merged threads)-1570302463832.jpg  
Old 10-07-19, 10:45 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

That's exactly what they told me, rear trailing arm. Actually the sound is made by the rubber bushings.

Parts are ordered and awaiting for the repair appointment.
Old 10-07-19, 10:51 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Onion
Canada RX here

Went in for checks and they insist I take the technician to a test drive to reproduce the problem. Nothing will be done unless it's proven. Fine, let's go for a test drive.

It literally squeaks right when we are entering the road from dealers lot, so verified.

Pushed for a LSB to replace the trailing arm but no go. They lubed the trailing arm and said it should be good to go.
I just read your post, I'm in Quebec and they are replacing mine.
They did not mention if it was a know problem though.

I will check once repaired if a TSB is mentioned on the worksheet.
Old 10-07-19, 04:35 PM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait so if we had this issue before and it was fixed by lubricating the rear trailing arms... they won't replace the parts?
This happened in our 2017 RX450H f-sport..
Old 10-07-19, 04:58 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 156 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by abgs350
Wait so if we had this issue before and it was fixed by lubricating the rear trailing arms... they won't replace the parts?
This happened in our 2017 RX450H f-sport..
I've seen a TSB for it, they replace the parts. The dealers who are lubricating are just taking the cheap way out, obviously what will happen in the near future is the noise will return and they will lubricate again....and again.....and again. When the warranty runs out and the customer is sick of getting them to lubricate all the time the customer can then pay to have them replaced

I assume the replaced parts are a different design and don't make a noise. Mine only does it sometimes over larger speed bumps at a faster speed, I took it to the dealer, went for a drive but it wouldn't do it then....naturally.
Old 10-15-19, 09:16 AM
vuong05
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
I've seen a TSB for it, they replace the parts. The dealers who are lubricating are just taking the cheap way out, obviously what will happen in the near future is the noise will return and they will lubricate again....and again.....and again. When the warranty runs out and the customer is sick of getting them to lubricate all the time the customer can then pay to have them replaced

I assume the replaced parts are a different design and don't make a noise. Mine only does it sometimes over larger speed bumps at a faster speed, I took it to the dealer, went for a drive but it wouldn't do it then....naturally.
I had the same problem a while ago, dealer lubricated the bushings at first. Noise went away, but came back after 6 months. Brought it in again, and the dealer replaced the trailing arm the second time around. It's been over a month and everything is dead silent again.
Old 10-15-19, 09:49 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

If there is a TSB and under warranty, it should not cost anything to the dealer...
I don't understand those that won't change the part...

Quick Reply: Rear suspension noise (merged threads)