RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2020 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-19, 04:18 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,160 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by mindanalyz
hi

I own a 2014 BMW X3 and I will be replacing it in a few months. I've been thinking of getting a highly reliable Japanese vehicle that I can own for at least 10 years . Right now I have in mind the 4runner (wishful thinking for a 2020 redesign so most likely not a real choice) and

... the 2020 RX 350 AWD with the following colors, pkgs and options:

- matador red mica exterior
- Black nuluxe with striated black trim

- premium pkg
- cold weather pkg
- power moonroof and roof rails
- 20" 5 spoke wheels
- BSM and rear cross traffic alert
- heated and ventilated front seats
- roof rack cross bars
- body side moldings
- mud guards
- heated leather trimmed steering wheel
- power rear door with kick sensor
- carpet cargo mat
- alloy wheel locks

+ $1095 deliv, proc & handling fee

for a total of $53,140

Questions:

- Could I custom build this (no problem waiting 6-8 weeks or whatever),as I did with my X3?

- In case it were possible, do I have any room for price negotiation [as compared when buying from the lot]? shaving a couple of grands off the total price is the idea

- In your opinion, Should I wait until maybe December to get a better pricing and/or offers?

- Should I negotiate with other lexus dealers, maybe 100-200 miles away from my city for the right deal and environment? (Lexus/Toyota dealers in Miami FL are notorious for swelling initial prices, being borderline dishonest in negotiations and a long list of etc). ie I helped my sister buy her camry and it was a nightmare, then I started a negotiation for a 4runner and had to walk because these sellers were so unprofessional, pushy and number magicians that they did not give me another choice. Then when I bought a IS350 a few years ago, the experience was so bad that I have no idea how I accepted the awful deal that they gave me. Any recommendation for a good dealer or seller within a driving distance of Miami ?

Any other insight that you can provide?

thank you so much
Your wants (options) are not that unusual for a RX. If you waited and bought of the lot if you check prices for the 2019's buyers are getting 10%-15% off. Based on others on this site that have pre-ordered a 2020 would guess the best would be around 5% off. Split the difference between 10%-15% off and 5% off and on your price would be talking about a savings of $3,500. So I would wait. Lexus has been #1 in dependability by J D Power for eight years in a row. Lexus is the third least expensive to maintain behind Scion and Toyota. Really enjoy by RX. We are on our third and never had one problem.
Old 09-20-19, 04:19 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,160 Likes on 750 Posts

Old 09-20-19, 05:47 AM
Roughneck
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemz
im in Edmonton, whats invoice price? what Model did you get
Invoice is $51,204 for the base model (now called "premium"). I will send you a PM with more details.
Old 09-20-19, 06:57 AM
20rx35020
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

hi

I own a 2014 BMW X3 and I will be replacing it in a few months. I've been thinking of getting a highly reliable Japanese vehicle that I can own for at least 10 years . Right now I have in mind the 4runner (wishful thinking for a 2020 redesign so most likely not a real choice) and

... the 2020 RX 350 AWD with the following colors, pkgs and options:

- matador red mica exterior
- Black nuluxe with striated black trim

- premium pkg
- cold weather pkg
- power moonroof and roof rails
- 20" 5 spoke wheels
- BSM and rear cross traffic alert
- heated and ventilated front seats
- roof rack cross bars
- body side moldings
- mud guards
- heated leather trimmed steering wheel
- power rear door with kick sensor
- carpet cargo mat
- alloy wheel locks

+ $1095 deliv, proc & handling fee

for a total of $53,140

Questions:

- Could I custom build this (no problem waiting 6-8 weeks or whatever),as I did with my X3?

- In case it were possible, do I have any room for price negotiation [as compared when buying from the lot]? shaving a couple of grands off the total price is the idea

- In your opinion, Should I wait until maybe December to get a better pricing and/or offers?

- Should I negotiate with other lexus dealers, maybe 100-200 miles away from my city for the right deal and environment? (Lexus/Toyota dealers in Miami FL are notorious for swelling initial prices, being borderline dishonest in negotiations and a long list of etc). ie I helped my sister buy her camry and it was a nightmare, then I started a negotiation for a 4runner and had to walk because these sellers were so unprofessional, pushy and number magicians that they did not give me another choice. Then when I bought a IS350 a few years ago, the experience was so bad that I have no idea how I accepted the awful deal that they gave me. Any recommendation for a good dealer or seller within a driving distance of Miami ?

Any other insight that you can provide?

thank you so much
Go to autotrader.com Input your search criteria (model year ,color awd, your zip code etc) After search results you can arrange cars by "closest to my location"
You can then visit the web sites of various dealers and sometimes get a feel for their pricing. Do the lexus online configurator and send that to one or more of the dealers you found promising.
Old 09-20-19, 07:01 AM
20rx35020
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

mindanalyze........

you wont need the cold weather package. When i was shopping I noticed a 2019 with the body side moldings and in my opinion it took away from the look of the car. JMHO
Old 09-20-19, 08:33 AM
mindanalyz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your responses. btw the only cons I see with the RX350 is the dismal 7.7s from 0-60 ... but again, daily driving is not a drag race and these days I am way more mellow than I used to be

Last edited by mindanalyz; 09-20-19 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-21-19, 05:51 AM
andye39s
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you all for your responses. btw the only cons I see with the RX350 is the dismal 7.7s from 0-60 ... but again, daily driving is not a drag race and these days I am way more mellow than I used to be
I've always been mindful of my MPG since my very first car. In a car such as the RX, it's more fun to squeeze as many MPG from it as possible than punching it from a stop light since, well, 0-60 in 8s is not that much fun lol, although in the hybrid there's a bit of that instant torque from the electric motors. 200 miles into my first fillup in my RX450h, 34.2MPG average. It is such a smooth and relaxing ride, mellow is the way to go to enjoy this car.
Old 09-21-19, 10:18 AM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 20rx35020
Sticker 55245
invoice 50551
I sent you a PM.. could you please help so I can score a similar deal? Thank you very much!
Old 09-21-19, 04:11 PM
pjtad
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If a 2020 RX is custom ordered from a dealership in St. Louis, Missouri - how long will it take to be built and delivered?
Old 09-21-19, 06:35 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by pjtad
If a 2020 RX is custom ordered from a dealership in St. Louis, Missouri - how long will it take to be built and delivered?
Have you tried asking the dealerships?
Old 09-21-19, 08:47 PM
pjtad
Driver School Candidate

The answer I got was preliminary but I am advised to "order very soon" to get it by late December for delivery after January 1. Just curious to how long it actually does take to leave the factory in Canada after the order is placed, and I know transit to the US is variable and can take awhile.

I am told a GM car may take 6 to 8 weeks. I got a custom order Dodge pickup in 5 1/2 weeks.
Old 09-21-19, 09:05 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ViMat
I cannot comment on the price, but before committing, please check what will be insurance on this car. As Lexus RX in Canada is very often stollen (known issue with Canadian models), I was told that insurance for this car is about 2 times more than any other luxury SUVs.
Um, is that the reason why my renewal is 50 dollars more expensive per month compare to this year's? The fact that I was involved in a non at fault collision probably also added to the cost which is something I don't understand, why do you have to pay the depreciation of the car and get a raise in insurance just because you are hit?
Old 09-22-19, 04:24 PM
brandy08
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Custom Ordered 2020 RX350

This week I ordered my 2020 RX350, my sales consultant told me it would take 5 or 6 months. They will hold it for me, my lease is up in August.
Old 09-22-19, 05:45 PM
pjtad
Driver School Candidate

Are you saying that you were told it will take 5 or 6 months after you have placed the order for a new custom order 2020 RX350 to be delivered from the factory? This seems excessive to me. It is unclear what you mean that they will hold it for you.
Old 09-23-19, 06:56 AM
brandy08
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, that is what my Sales Consultant told me several times when I asked him when he wanted what I wanted on my 2020 RX350. I knew they would not have the color combination or the Luxury Package, etc. in their inventory. I did give him a deposit to hold it in my name.

Quick Reply: 2020 RX prices