RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Which floor liner for the price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-20 | 10:47 PM
websurfer
Racer

I purchased an used WeatherTech floor liner and surprised on the great quality. It was hard to find an OEM floor liner for the GS350.
Old 07-24-20 | 05:44 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

WeatherTech FloorLiners, All-Weather Mats and All-Vehicle Mats are all manufactured right in Bolingbrook, Illinois by skilled American workers, using all American materials. All the materials used to create our mats are only sourced from other American facilities.

I’ve been using them for years and they have phenomenal customer service. I’ve had a few items replaced free of charge including ten year old liners I tried to buy just the drivers side and they sent me a new front set for free.

For the person that said we should of purchased an American car if that was the priority, unfortunately most American cars aren’t really American cars anymore and almost none of them that are considered desirable. I had a 16 Explorer lease and even though it wasn’t a bad truck it was inferior to a 07 ES I had prior to my RX in every way even though it had 115,000 miles. I try to buy American made where I can but it also has to makes sense. I’m not one of those that will buy a crappier product just because it’s made here. If a company makes a great product using local labor I have no problem whatsoever paying the premium for it.

Last edited by ellocovg; 07-24-20 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-25-20 | 07:34 AM
coolbrazz
Advanced

Originally Posted by ellocovg
WeatherTech FloorLiners, All-Weather Mats and All-Vehicle Mats are all manufactured right in Bolingbrook, Illinois by skilled American workers, using all American materials. All the materials used to create our mats are only sourced from other American facilities.

I’ve been using them for years and they have phenomenal customer service. I’ve had a few items replaced free of charge including ten year old liners I tried to buy just the drivers side and they sent me a new front set for free.

For the person that said we should of purchased an American car if that was the priority, unfortunately most American cars aren’t really American cars anymore and almost none of them that are considered desirable. I had a 16 Explorer lease and even though it wasn’t a bad truck it was inferior to a 07 ES I had prior to my RX in every way even though it had 115,000 miles. I try to buy American made where I can but it also has to makes sense. I’m not one of those that will buy a crappier product just because it’s made here. If a company makes a great product using local labor I have no problem whatsoever paying the premium for it.
Feel the same way. I have a 2015 Chevy SS sedan and it was made in Australia.
The only thing on my car that's Chevrolet are the bowtie logos and the LS3 engine which make this car special. The workmanship & performance of this car is excellent. Sad it didn't sell well in the US only in production for 4yrs. Needless to say there are some bad imports I've owned some of those crappy cars in the past. Thought I was saving money then...

Old 07-25-20 | 08:53 AM
dibl
Instructor

I've had only the Lexus OEM all weather liners in my RXs. Once a year, in the spring, I pull them and take them, with a stiff brush and some detergent, to the shower. One at a time I put them on the bottom of the shower, run hot water on them, add some detergent, and give them a good brushing. Rinse and drain, and they're like new.

Last edited by dibl; 07-26-20 at 02:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
coolbrazz (07-25-20)
Old 12-27-20 | 03:48 PM
DLEX350
10th Gear

Default All Weather Floor Liners

Looking to purchase all weather preformed tub style floor liners for my new RX350, considering, WeatherTech, Smartliner, and OEM Lexus, or if you have another brand please chime in. I know WeatherTech and Smartliner are a thin flexable plastic, are the OEM Lexus the same material/thickness or more of a thicker rubber like material?

Interested in knowing what you have and how you like them.
Old 12-27-20 | 06:06 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DLex450
Looking to purchase all weather preformed tub style floor liners for my new RX350, considering, WeatherTech, Smartliner, and OEM Lexus, or if you have another brand please chime in. I know WeatherTech and Smartliner are a thin flexable plastic, are the OEM Lexus the same material/thickness or more of a thicker rubber like material?

Interested in knowing what you have and how you like them.
OEM tub style. Protects perfectly and washes nicely with just a hose. They are rubber.
The following users liked this post:
Cocal (12-28-20)
Old 12-28-20 | 04:03 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

I use nothing but Weathertech in all my vehicles. Great product and made in the USA.
Old 12-28-20 | 05:47 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

very happy with OEM liners. Wife has Weathertech on 4Runner and she likes them although the label keeps falling off those.
Old 03-22-21 | 05:43 PM
lkleckner
9th Gear

Default Need reviews of Floor Mats for 2021 RX350

We just purchased a 2021 RX350, Nori Green Pearl / Glazed Carmel, and are now looking for floor mats to replace the carpeted ones. We have always used Weather Tech in the past, but are just checking to see what others use, and their opinions on them.
Thanks
Old 03-22-21 | 06:55 PM
dannnn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lkleckner
We just purchased a 2021 RX350, Nori Green Pearl / Glazed Carmel, and are now looking for floor mats to replace the carpeted ones. We have always used Weather Tech in the past, but are just checking to see what others use, and their opinions on them.
Thanks

I got these off of ebay? or amazon? for roughly 100 bucks. I always hated the oem style floor liners cause crap would always find its way down the sides and vacuuming would be a pain. These are good though, water proof and sides are raised so everything stays in there. It takes me 5 mins to vacuum the whole car now instead of 20 mins taking off all the mats and trying to vacuum all the crap stuck deep in the carpets. To wash them I just vacuum and then use a quick detail spray, or if theyre really dirty i scrub/pressure wash them and let them air dry and they've held up well for over a year.

Old 03-03-22 | 01:37 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Default Floormats

So my F Sport came with carpets, which I dislike. Should I get the all weather floor mats or the weather techs?
Old 03-03-22 | 01:45 PM
Quantum501
Advanced

I have the all weather floor mats and like them. We have purchased Weather Techs for our 4Runner, but I like the factory Lexus ones more. I know that many like WT.
Old 03-03-22 | 01:46 PM
jimbosr1
Pole Position

Mine came with both.have the Lexus ones and i do not like the all weather ones. too bad we dont live closer we could swap.
Old 03-03-22 | 01:46 PM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
So my F Sport came with carpets, which I dislike. Should I get the all weather floor mats or the weather techs?
I put weathertechs in all of our vehicles. I’m not a real fan of the rubber feel of the all weather mats

Last edited by lgb0250; 03-04-22 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-03-22 | 02:14 PM
Lexspeed
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Should I get the all weather floor mats or the weather techs?
I've purchased weathertech mats before. They are good, but I hate their large, conspicuous logo. I prefer factory mats.
My 2022 350RX F Sport came with both mats. Ill use the all weather rubber ones in the winter months and the carpeted ones in the summer.

Quick Reply: Which floor liner for the price?