RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2020 RX birch interior anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-22, 06:22 AM
Lex918
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
OK guys... I think Im gonna get a 450h. The dealer has more in transit one even an "L" anyway. Im getting Birch Interior, but cant decide on Caviar or Nebula Grey.. I know Ill get JUST opinions but thats fine. thats what I want..
450H is the way to go, smooth driving. I have a Caviar with brown interioir, i sure wish i had the option at the time of choosing birch. Test drove a 350 caviar with birch interior, still thinking of how beautiful that interior is.
Old 08-11-22, 07:18 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

OK guys... I think Im gonna get a 450h. The dealer has more in transit one even an "L" anyway. Im getting Birch Interior, but cant decide on Caviar or Nebula Grey.. I know Ill get JUST opinions but thats fine. thats what I want..
We enjoyed our Nebula Gray very much. From my experience, the darker the paint color, the more work it takes to maintain. Conversely, matching paint may be easier if repairs are ever required. Really very subjective.
Old 08-11-22, 08:39 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes dark colors do show dirt, Ive had about every color. Black is beautiful when its clean but YIKES when its dirty..I almost decided to get white with Birch but not sure about that combo..
Old 08-11-22, 10:47 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Was the full noble brown interior discontinued in 2020? I always like how Lexus had that option, the black trims with the brown leather had a unique look.
Old 08-11-22, 09:31 PM
mike995134
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

Just an fyi … the “L” is made in Japan and the Nebula Gray exterior is replaced by Cloudburst Gray (slightly darker than Nebula). And ours has the Parchment/Black/Bamboo interior. We get lots of unsolicited compliments on this color combo.

Old 08-14-22, 07:57 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

OK an update and a question or 2..The questions are..... Why do some pics of the rear of the RX show no rear wiper? Then 2nd.. Is there a need on this car to use Carista to change something, even like the minor # of blinks to change lanes??.....So the update is.. On the other side of the state.. I e mailed a guy yesterday inquiring about RX 450h.. He said they do have like 13 coming and half are NOT spoken for, so he sent me the info on them..They are about 40 days out. They are mostly loaded once again..He did say that whatever my trade is evaluated now will be the same then, unlike the other dealer... However.LOL a BS add on is...... They add $1700 over MSRP and add tinted windows door edge guards and get this...Nitrogen in tires..LOL.. Says the expense is really to help the shop ...So yeah The things dealers do......I get some of that back by being a Veteran but still....Of the ones he send and Im not sure which one to get is Caviar/Glazed Carmel....Nebula Grey/Parchment...Nebula Grey/ Glazed Carmel.
Others are..Nightfall Mica/Black...Matador red/Parchment..Eminent White/Black..Eminent White/Parchment.....Which color would you take?
Old 08-14-22, 11:39 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

OK an update and a question or 2..The questions are..... Why do some pics of the rear of the RX show no rear wiper? Then 2nd.. Is there a need on this car to use Carista to change something, even like the minor # of blinks to change lanes??.....So the update is.. On the other side of the state.. I e mailed a guy yesterday inquiring about RX 450h.. He said they do have like 13 coming and half are NOT spoken for, so he sent me the info on them..They are about 40 days out. They are mostly loaded once again..He did say that whatever my trade is evaluated now will be the same then, unlike the other dealer... However.LOL a BS add on is...... They add $1700 over MSRP and add tinted windows door edge guards and get this...Nitrogen in tires..LOL.. Says the expense is really to help the shop ...So yeah The things dealers do......I get some of that back by being a Veteran but still....Of the ones he send and Im not sure which one to get is Caviar/Glazed Carmel....Nebula Grey/Parchment...Nebula Grey/ Glazed Carmel.
Others are..Nightfall Mica/Black...Matador red/Parchment..Eminent White/Black..Eminent White/Parchment.....Which color would you take?
I will answer what I can. On my 2020 RX450h the rear wiper is hidden in the upper part of the wind deflector. A lot of simple items can be changed by the owner using the display next to the speedometer. See below link for my RX.
https://drivers.lexus.com/content/da...LPS%20Form.pdf

Old 08-14-22, 11:41 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,135 Likes on 735 Posts

If the wiper is visible at the bottom of the back window it is the L version three row. If invisible tucked under the rear top shade than not an L.
The following users liked this post:
mike995134 (08-14-22)
Old 08-14-22, 01:19 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Freds430
If the wiper is visible at the bottom of the back window it is the L version three row. If invisible tucked under the rear top shade than not an L.
Good to know, thanks....Heck im not sure what color to get.lol
Old 08-14-22, 03:48 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

So remind me if you know(I used to have a highlander) and I bought an OBD and I think an app to change things. Is this still avail and do you recall the details? Which one and cost? Seems like you could pay for a month to get things the way you want them
Yes, the Carista app works on my 2020 RX450h with their OBD2 connector using Bluetooth. I would expect all the other apps do also.