RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2020 RX - Fog Lamps - Where to find?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-22, 02:19 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

They should really make an aftermarket fog light kit for the RX350. Many would be interested.
Old 01-30-23, 11:52 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wstashlu
Have not completed wiring yet . No need to take bumper off, you do need to remove one panel on top and 2 underneath. Lights fit nicely. Will work more on wiring in next few weeks, hopefully. Will report that he.
Does anyone know if the back of where the fog light suppose to go have a mounting bracket for the fog lights?

If I can get a picture of what is behind the fog light covers, I might as well fabricate my own fog lights.

Fog lights are universal on Toyota/Lexus. If it is able to mount, you can hook up the fog light and just run a fog light kit relay, wiring and switch.

As long as you can secure the fog light, which I need to confirm if someone can post pictures of what is behind the fog light covers.

I would buy a kit like this and install on the RX. Although the fog light is round, the light that shines is actually rectangular.

So I would buy this kit and not use the cover that it comes with if that makes sense.
Old 01-31-23, 08:21 AM
Wstashlu
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default fog light non standard

[QUOTE=GS4_Fiend;11440156]Does anyone know if the back of where the fog light suppose to go have a mounting bracket for the fog lights?

If I can get a picture of what is behind the fog light covers, I might as well fabricate my own fog lights.

Fog lights are universal on Toyota/Lexus. If it is able to mount, you can hook up the fog light and just run a fog light kit relay, wiring and switch.

As long as you can secure the fog light, which I need to confirm if someone can post pictures of what is behind the fog light covers.

I would buy a kit like this and install on the RX. Although the fog light is round, the light that shines is actually rectangular.

GS 4, Glad to hear from you again, you could possibility do that but my recommendation is to get the stock ones or a after market version of same. They fit in nicely without any need for extra parts or any modification of the vehicle. The stock ones include fog and cornering lights but could use just for fog. Abit pricy but look great! to give you an update on mine, I just purchased a new Semiconductor ECU #82644-48021 and need to try it to see if it supports to fog lights (it did on a loaner my wife had which was an 2022 RX350}. if it does work it would simplify the wiring and make it factory valid. More in the next few days or a week or two. Hope that helps, Bill

Old 01-31-23, 08:32 AM
Wstashlu
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GS 4, Glad to hear from you again, you could possibility do that but my recommendation is to get the stock ones or a after market version of same. They fit in nicely without any need for extra parts or any modification of the vehicle. The stock ones include fog and cornering lights but could use just for fog. Abit pricy but look great! to give you an update on mine, I just purchased a new Semiconductor ECU #82644-48021 and need to try it to see if it supports to fog lights (it did on a loaner my wife had which was an 2022 RX350}. if it does work it would simplify the wiring and make it factory valid. More in the next few days or a week or two. Hope that helps, Bill
The following users liked this post:
GS4_Fiend (02-01-23)
Old 01-31-23, 08:37 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 602 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Does anyone know if the back of where the fog light suppose to go have a mounting bracket for the fog lights?

So I would buy this kit and not use the cover that it comes with if that makes sense.
Lexus Fog light cases are unique for each vehicle. They are no longer shared with other Toyotas. They are typically designed to mount to the back of the bumper. Might be easier to find one from a junk yard.

Also, wiring will have to be stand alone with dedicated switch then. Where would you mount that switch?
Old 02-01-23, 12:52 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for responding back.

There are no aftermarket option available. Stock is expensive for me.

I was thinking of using a dremel, cut an opening so the fog light can peak through. But I need to know if I would be able to mount the fog light I listed above.

Do you know if it is possible to mount it? Do you have any pictures behind the fog light covers? I would like to know before I remove the cover and break some tabs lol.

Last edited by GS4_Fiend; 02-01-23 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-01-23, 12:54 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Lexus Fog light cases are unique for each vehicle. They are no longer shared with other Toyotas. They are typically designed to mount to the back of the bumper. Might be easier to find one from a junk yard.

Also, wiring will have to be stand alone with dedicated switch then. Where would you mount that switch?
I am not concern with the switch because it can be modified. The concern is to be able to mount the aftermarket fog lights. I am here to ask and find out if there is a mounting point behind the covers.
Old 07-01-23, 05:22 PM
Batir
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx fog lights installation

Hi man did you finish with your car fog lights installation how it was any news thank you
Old 02-11-24, 09:00 PM
getyenz
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Update

Hi any possible updates to the wiring? The fog lamps are readily available now and I just got a good deal on an oem rh lamp. Will purchase the other side this week and want to know if I should go with a standalone switch and wiring or go factory turn signal switch. Thanks
Old 02-12-24, 02:41 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

I am still waiting for the aftermarket fog light kit lol..
Old 02-13-24, 09:58 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Update:

So after watching this video, I have loss hope in mounting the fog light where the the fog light grill is at. It can only be installed in its original dedicated spot.

The fog lights can be found cheap at here fog lights. However, you need the harness and the switch to make it happen.
Old 02-13-24, 10:43 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

As reported earlier, I have installed the lights themselves and the steering wheel stalk but have not completed the wiring. Yes, I understand 2022 RX has stand-alone option which could be helpful on the wiring. For me the wiring problem is the signal you need from the main cabin computer are can-bus signals that tell you when the fog light switch is on and when you are traveling over 40 mph so corner lights don't come on at highway speeds. These can-bus signals must be decoded and turned into analog signals to be used by the circuitry to power the lights.. This is done on the light module for the three been system,, not available in the wiring of any other RX. Otherwise, the other signals you need ( like low beam on and turn signal on can be obtained with existing wiring). If anyone has knowledge in this area please let me know. I would love to have this all work!
Have you found a solution yet?
Old 02-14-24, 02:57 PM
daddiojigg
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by blayze1983
Just occurred to me... I have no idea how to even turn on my fog lamps
Try the owners' manual.
Old 02-17-24, 09:28 AM
getyenz
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
No, it can NOT be added

You are the most negative person on this thread. Just because you can’t add the fog lamps doesn’t mean others can’t. obviously this shop was able to do it. If you don’t know just don’t comment.

haarreh (05-14-24)
Old 02-17-24, 09:41 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 602 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by getyenz
You are the most negative person on this thread. Just because you can’t add the fog lamps doesn’t mean others can’t. obviously this shop was able to do it. If you don’t know just don’t comment.

https://youtu.be/w1ivmkd0Ij0?si=fiY7BQHhS57Lvpqd
I know very well that if the car does not come with fog lamps, it will not have the wiring for it or the switch.

Your video shows the physical installation and magically lights up, but it doesn't show how they wired it.

The only way to wire that is splicing oem light wires and modifying the original wiring.

To me that is not a legitimate easy add on.

Sorry you don't like my answer.
autotech13 (02-18-24)

Quick Reply: 2020 RX - Fog Lamps - Where to find?