RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 rx 350 clicking noise under dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-19, 12:00 PM
lacksus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 rx 350 clicking noise under dash

I'm hearing a fast clicking noise under the passenger side dashboard near the glove compartment on my 2016 RX 350 with 48,000 miles.. It stops when I press the outside air button to stop the air recirculation. I think I recognize this noise as a blend door actuator issue as I have replaced many on GM vehicles. Can someone enlighten me on how to replace this part? I couldn't find the part on Ebay.
Thanks
Brian, New Member
Old 12-17-19, 12:38 PM
kmiller882
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lacksus
I'm hearing a fast clicking noise under the passenger side dashboard near the glove compartment on my 2016 RX 350 with 48,000 miles.. It stops when I press the outside air button to stop the air recirculation. I think I recognize this noise as a blend door actuator issue as I have replaced many on GM vehicles. Can someone enlighten me on how to replace this part? I couldn't find the part on Ebay.
Thanks
Brian, New Member
The factory warranty is 4 yrs/ 50,000 miles. Take it to the dealer and get it resolved before you exceed the warranty period.
Old 12-17-19, 02:50 PM
lacksus
Driver School Candidate

I would however the 4 year warranty expired on 12/12/19 as the car was purchased on 12/12/15.
Thanks
Old 12-17-19, 03:07 PM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

To be honest since the warranty has just expired I would bring it in anyways. Lexus is all about customer service as there mission statement says "Lexus will do it right from the start. Lexus will have the finest dealer network in the industry. Lexus will treat each customer as we would a guest in our home."

The dealer may sell you a car, but its the customer service that makes a return customer. Five days out of your warranty, I would still bring it in. Customer retention is a must, at the most they will cover the cost since you're so close to the end of warranty, there is a forgiveness period. When I had a VW that had just run out of warranty they covered half the cost of labour and covered the cost of parts. But anything they will cover will be to your benefit.

Bottom line is bud, if you don't ask you wont get anything. And these companies do have programs for peoples warranties that have just expired. It should cost nothing for you to drive the Lexus in and ask, but the longer you wait then the farther you are out of that warranty expire grace period. I would be shocked if a dealership wouldn't be willing to work with you on a car so soon off warranty.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I believe getting it in there promptly to possibly take advantage of these just past warranty grace periods is important, and may save you quiet a bit of $$$.

Last edited by SilverFire; 12-17-19 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-17-19, 08:02 PM
lacksus
Driver School Candidate

I will call the dealer and ask if they will honor the warranty, however I don't expect they will fix the issue due to an expired warranty. I have had no issues at all until yesterday when the fast clicking noise started. It makes the noise when I first start it and the fresh air button ( green light) is on. If I push the recirculator button the noise stops. it only makes the noise in fresh air mode. it appears the hvac system works properly other than the noise. I am extremely mechanically inclined and am confident I can replace the servo or actuator myself after I figure out how to get at it and actually feel which servo or actuator is clicking. Can someone let me know the procedure to get at the area. I'm assuming I would start with the glove compartment door and some air ducts. just looking for info from someone that has replaced the passenger side servo. I believe it would be part number 87106-0E100. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brian
Old 12-17-19, 10:55 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by lacksus
I will call the dealer and ask if they will honor the warranty, however I don't expect they will fix the issue due to an expired warranty. I have had no issues at all until yesterday when the fast clicking noise started. It makes the noise when I first start it and the fresh air button ( green light) is on. If I push the recirculator button the noise stops. it only makes the noise in fresh air mode. it appears the hvac system works properly other than the noise. I am extremely mechanically inclined and am confident I can replace the servo or actuator myself after I figure out how to get at it and actually feel which servo or actuator is clicking. Can someone let me know the procedure to get at the area. I'm assuming I would start with the glove compartment door and some air ducts. just looking for info from someone that has replaced the passenger side servo. I believe it would be part number 87106-0E100. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brian
Don't call. Go into the service dept. and ask your service advisor for a favor, do not even bring up the warranty. Ask him to take a look at your car, ask if he knows what's wrong or has seen that problem before and try to get a ballpark cost to fix the issue. When you have that info or even if you don't, then tell the advisor that your warranty ended a week ago and ask him with whom you should speak about getting it fixed under warranty. If he is anything like my SA, he will steer you in the right direction.
Talk to the boss and tell him what you have learned about the issue and then bring up the warranty. Be direct, he'll either say yes or no.
In general, people like to help other people, I know I do and after all it is Christmas.
The following users liked this post:
SilverFire (12-20-19)