RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

New 2020RX Browse My Music using Handsfree Command

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-19, 05:39 PM
kiwilinkj
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New 2020RX Browse My Music using Handsfree Command

I just bought a new 2020 RX 350. When I push the talk button on the steering wheel it shows me commands and one command is "Browse My Music". Since I have my Iphone connected via Bluetooth (not Apple Carplay connected) I assumed it would show me either My Music on my phone or My Playlist on my phone. Instead, it says "No USB connection". Lexus says that command is only available when you put music on a USB stick and plug it into one of the ports on the car. I can manually use my mouse and go to audio, my playlist, my music and then choose either to see the music on my phone by Album, Artist, or Song. Has anyone found a way around this using Bluetooth so you can use voice commands using the steering wheel to do the same thing hands free?
Old 12-31-19, 05:44 AM
roxy208
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwilinkj
I just bought a new 2020 RX 350. When I push the talk button on the steering wheel it shows me commands and one command is "Browse My Music". Since I have my Iphone connected via Bluetooth (not Apple Carplay connected) I assumed it would show me either My Music on my phone or My Playlist on my phone. Instead, it says "No USB connection". Lexus says that command is only available when you put music on a USB stick and plug it into one of the ports on the car. I can manually use my mouse and go to audio, my playlist, my music and then choose either to see the music on my phone by Album, Artist, or Song. Has anyone found a way around this using Bluetooth so you can use voice commands using the steering wheel to do the same thing hands free?
Until the 20s arrived you could use “ seri eyes free” by pressing and holding the phone on button on the steering wheel. You will see a microphone on the display screen . At that point you can ask for a particular song, playlist, or artist.
I’m not sure if the feature is still available now that they have added CarPlay but I will check today and let you know. I love CarPlay any reason you don’t use it?
Old 12-31-19, 05:48 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by roxy208
Until the 20s arrived you could use “ seri eyes free” by pressing and holding the phone on button on the steering wheel. You will see a microphone on the display screen . At that point you can ask for a particular song, playlist, or artist.
I’m not sure if the feature is still available now that they have added CarPlay but I will check today and let you know. I love CarPlay any reason you don’t use it?
Siri Eyes Free is no longer available on the 20s. Simply because you have Carplay.
Old 12-31-19, 08:22 AM
kiwilinkj
Driver School Candidate

roxy208: Thanks for the reply. I love Apple Carplay and I use it but sometimes I just wanted to use the regular feature available with my navigation package. I was hoping I could use the commands that show when I push the talk button on the steering wheel to play my music on the phone. It look like the answer is no; I will have to go to Apple Carplay and use Siri from there.

Thanks!
Old 12-31-19, 08:30 AM
kiwilinkj
Driver School Candidate

I called Lexus yesterday and after a long conversation she said the "Browse My Music" would work if I inserted a memory stick with Music on it into one of the USB ports under the center console lid. I did this and I can choose source, USB, and play the music, sort it by Artist, etc. However, now when I push the talk button on the steering wheel I see a red line where the microphone is and it says "please wait for the beep" and it stays like this forever. In fact, I pushed Map, went to navigation and then pushed the talk button and the same thing happens. It's like the talk button is disabled when a memory stick or thumb drive is inserted into the USB port no matter what menu you are in. I tried both USB ports and the same thing happened. I can't find this discussed anywhere on line or in the manual. Any ideas? I can't figure out why the talk button would be disabled for everything in the car just because I inserted a thumb drive into the USB port. Incidentally, everything on that USB drive plays great--even the MP4 and AVI video files.

Any ideas???