RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2020 F Sport Grill

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-20 | 05:12 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Default 2020 F Sport Grill

Below is a picture from the Lexus.com site of a 2020 F -Sport. In these pics, the grill surround looks gray instead of bright chrome. But I've seen other pics where it looks like bright chrome. Can anyone comfirm which it is? My wife and I hate the newer Lexus grills, but if it looks like the picture below it is a big improvement.

I added the second picture, a non F Sport. Apparently it's a brushed silver instead of bright chrome, but I still think the first picture looks a lot better.

Thanks

Last edited by jjscsix; 01-03-20 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-03-20 | 06:03 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Take a look at this Utube video.............
Old 01-04-20 | 11:32 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Thanks for posting. I'm still not sure exactly what it looks like in that it seems to have a "tint" to it. Hopefully the dealer near me has one I can look at in person.

Unfortunately, the RX is a car a lot of people buy despite its looks. Two of my sisters have the newer ones and neither of them liked the looks. One of my sisters did because her last three vehicles have been RXs. I have not spoken with my other sister about hers, but I'll see her in a couple of weeks.

Im looking at one for my wife. Whe hates the looks of it. She loves her GX but I've gone into a phase of my life called "retirement" and looking to save some money, both on the vehicle and gas. And I still want Lexus reliability.
The following users liked this post:
1NEAT_SC (01-07-20)
Old 01-04-20 | 02:49 PM
dibl
Instructor

Don't buy a car that your wife hates! LOL

Personally, I would buy the reliability and live with the looks, but that's me. Your wife can make your life far more miserable than I can, so shop accordingly. ;-)
Old 01-04-20 | 05:37 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Thanks for posting. I'm still not sure exactly what it looks like in that it seems to have a "tint" to it. Hopefully the dealer near me has one I can look at in person.

Unfortunately, the RX is a car a lot of people buy despite its looks. Two of my sisters have the newer ones and neither of them liked the looks. One of my sisters did because her last three vehicles have been RXs. I have not spoken with my other sister about hers, but I'll see her in a couple of weeks.

Im looking at one for my wife. Whe hates the looks of it. She loves her GX but I've gone into a phase of my life called "retirement" and looking to save some money, both on the vehicle and gas. And I still want Lexus reliability.
If it's the same as the ES FSport, the surrounding chrome is dark or black chrome they call it.
jjscsix (01-05-20)
Old 01-05-20 | 04:38 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by dibl
Don't buy a car that your wife hates! LOL

Personally, I would buy the reliability and live with the looks, but that's me. Your wife can make your life far more miserable than I can, so shop accordingly. ;-)
I have ready told her I won't buy it if she does not want me to. I know her well enough to know that she will be i
okay with it. I'm going to research a couple of other vehicles, but I'm a huge car guy and it's unlikely I'll see something in another vehicle I don't already know. Its really more about making sure I get something she's happy with. A lot of that is how high it sits. That is something the spec sheets don't show.
Old 01-05-20 | 03:48 PM
dibl
Instructor

A lot of that is how high it sits. That is something the spec sheets don't show.
I just measured the 2018 F-Sport sitting in my garage. It is 18.5 inches from the garage floor to the top of the trim piece that you have to step over getting in. Since the 2020 is still Gen. 4, it's surely very close to the same.
Old 01-06-20 | 01:26 PM
vermont
Driver School Candidate

The F-sport comes with a darker chrome, almost like bronze, it matches with the smoke tail light. The bar also on the trunk is dark chrome. Just lease Rx350, don't like the spindle look also, but can live with it because of the reliability of Lexus. I've owned a few Lexus, an all has been very reliable. I still have 2007 RX with almost 180k miles. still running without any issue.
jjscsix (01-06-20)
Old 01-06-20 | 03:02 PM
jjscsix
Racer

I just measured the 2018 F-Sport sitting in my garage. It is 18.5 inches from the garage floor to the top of the trim piece that you have to step over getting in. Since the 2020 is still Gen. 4, it's surely very close to the same.
I appreciate you measuring that. But what I meant is the actual seating height. Like a lot of people, my wife likes sitting high enough to feel like she has a better view down the road.
Old 01-06-20 | 03:33 PM
dibl
Instructor

Like a lot of people, my wife likes sitting high enough to feel like she has a better view down the road.
Aha! Well, the driver's seat is highly adjustable, but I guess you'll have to take her to the dealer to find out about that, to be certain. My 5' 7" wife has no problem driving mine.
Old 01-07-20 | 02:57 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Aha! Well, the driver's seat is highly adjustable, but I guess you'll have to take her to the dealer to find out about that, to be certain. My 5' 7" wife has no problem driving mine.
Its not a problem driving a lower car for her, just a preference. The first two cars I bought her many years ago were sports cars. Somehow, and I don’t even remember how, I got her into an SUV that sat up high and she never wanted to go back after that.

I went to the dealer today and walked the lot. The F-Sport grill definitely has a darker gray tint to it. They also have a few non F-Sports with a blackout package that includes black wheels (which I hate) and a fully blacked out grill. It looks to be something the dealer put on as it had a separate price sticker on the window for that “package”. I’m trying to figure out where they got the grill. I’ve avoided going in and talking to them as I just am not ready for the hassles.

Old 01-07-20 | 03:32 PM
dibl
Instructor

Looks pretty much like my 2018 (top image). Personally, I think the F-Sport grill looks a little overdone (or weird, even), but I'm not emotional about it. It works great -- probably facilitates a huge cooling airflow over the radiator and engine. Gas mileage on a trip with radar cruise control set has hit 27 and even 28 mpg. so it must not cause a lot of resistance.

Last edited by dibl; 01-08-20 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Clarify reference to OEM F-Sport grill.
jjscsix (01-07-20)