RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Screen not working - Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-21, 12:17 PM
katsorchis
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jstagn
Started rx , rx logo came up fine, backup camera works, but then nav screen blank, nav/radio does not display or work. Checked battery and alternator 13+ volts and 13.94 with car running. Tried disconnecting battery for 13 minutes reconnect same issue. Held power button on radio for 10+ seconds same problems? Help. Thanks ps screen does not look completely black, sort of a very vert very dark blue, or it could be my eyesight.
Try removing and reinserting USB card.
The following users liked this post:
lexus2017rx350 (08-26-23)
Old 09-09-21, 01:14 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Any luck?

The last 3 days my radio and clock have been acting up. Today it died. So, I’m getting the battery replaced. Still have battery warranty left.
The following users liked this post:
lexus2017rx350 (08-26-23)
Old 07-13-22, 11:30 AM
RollingBlu
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Blank Screen Issue

I've seen several threads describing this problem; Lexus logo flashes on startup. Back up camera displays OK. No radio, no NAV, nothing else displays. None of the other threads (that I found) report a resolution. I've tried resetting the head unit a few times, that didn't help.
Has anyone found a solution?

A little background; I often leave the car unused for months at a time. I attach a Battery Tender (brand name) to keep the battery charged - never a problem until this time. I removed the trickle charger, started the car and saw the above symptoms.
Old 12-07-22, 09:46 AM
READNRAN
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing to add here other than our RX has the same issue. I bought a used screen for cheap on eBay (with no warranty or returns) and it didnt work. I might buy one of the more expensive options with warranties to see if it fixes the issue.
Old 12-07-22, 10:22 AM
RollingBlu
Rookie

Originally Posted by READNRAN
Nothing to add here other than our RX has the same issue. I bought a used screen for cheap on eBay (with no warranty or returns) and it didnt work. I might buy one of the more expensive options with warranties to see if it fixes the issue.
Is your screen really dead? Most victims of the Dead Screen syndrome (like me) report that the Lexus logo flashes on the screen when the car is started and the backup camera displays so the screen is OK, it's the radio / Infotainment head set that isn't working.
Old 12-07-22, 10:24 AM
READNRAN
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RollingBlu
Is your screen really dead? Most victims of the Dead Screen syndrome (like me) report that the Lexus logo flashes on the screen when the car is started and the backup camera displays so the screen is OK, it's the radio / Infotainment head set that isn't working.
Yes, it's not truly dead, the backup camera still works, and the logo pops up. I thought I read this requires a screen assembly replacement.
Old 01-31-23, 10:01 AM
ricnic5
1st Gear

My 2017 RX350 has the same issue. The car has 25k miles on it, and just over a year ago we bought out the lease. We had the car about 8 months after purchasing and now this problem is happening.

As OP said, its not the screen because the backup camera and startup logo works. No dead fuses. Is there any luck from anyone here other than buying a whole new infotainment system?

So mind blowing that Lexus wont help with this. 50k or 4 year warranty. Car has half the miles at 25k, but its 6 years old from when we started the least and therefore outside the warrant. And its clearly not an issue where miles matter - this isnt a maintenance issue or an engine issue. No fault of the owner. Out of nowhere - one day its working, next day screen wont work. No radio, nothing. How does lexus think its acceptable for someone to buy a luxury car, and 8 months out 90% of the features of this luxury vehicle don't work? I can't tell if there are any service issues because the screen doesnt work, cant play music, no navigation - absolutely outrageous.

I spoke to Lexus' headquarters and they tried to tell me that on the models up to 2017, they relied on 3g for navigation, but now the towers no longer support 3g, its 4g and 5g - therefore they can't upgrade my system. That's clearly an answer they are reading from a prompt and designed for a customer that has no knowledge in this area. Its a dead end answer, that makes no sense under the circumstances of the problem. I said to the guy - come on... you're telling me all cars before 2017 that had a navigation system went black because of 3g being obsolete? Listen to yourself. I just want someone from Lexus to talk to me that knows what my issues is, acts like its not the first time they are hearing of it and not give me some BS that the screen went black because "3g is obsolete".

Im curious if possibly removing the infotainment system and reconnecting it would work? Im all out of ideas. Any other remedies? How did everyone else end up resolving it? Pony up?
Old 01-31-23, 02:05 PM
READNRAN
4th Gear

We are just driving around without a radio It seriously sucks.
Old 04-10-23, 05:32 PM
coco9729
5th Gear

Default Lexus RX350 2016 Navigation screen black

My lexus rx 350 nav screen has gone black since i changed the battery, i've tried disconnecting the battery positive and negative and restarting the button continuously it doesn't work for me. Does anyone have the same problem? and how you guys solved this problem! ..

My reversing image works fine for me, the screen shows the Lexus logo and checks if the surroundings are safe...

I think there is something wrong with the system, but Lexus needs $2000 to fix it. ...
Old 04-10-23, 06:56 PM
jcg0324
Advanced

Received 270 Likes on 176 Posts

There seems to be different fixes for this problem that may or may not work; you just have to try them. Take a look at this link and scroll down to the 6th response on this forum from "BOB99" and see if this fixes it.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/fo...attery-change/
Old 04-10-23, 07:27 PM
coco9729
5th Gear

I think I try that few times but it does not work for me , the screen display entire black after showing the lexus logo. still thanks for the advise
Old 04-10-23, 07:35 PM
coco9729
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jcg0324
There seems to be different fixes for this problem that may or may not work; you just have to try them. Take a look at this link and scroll down to the 6th response on this forum from "BOB99" and see if this fixes it.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/fo...attery-change/
I think I try that few times but it does not work for me , the screen display entire black after showing the lexus logo. still thanks for the advise
Old 04-10-23, 08:47 PM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 562 Likes on 330 Posts

Seems like you blew a fuse. Check all the fuses under the driver footwell.
Old 04-10-23, 09:03 PM
coco9729
5th Gear

Originally Posted by IntrinoX
Seems like you blew a fuse. Check all the fuses under the driver footwell.
I check the fuse under my driveside it seems like they all work well
Old 04-11-23, 08:47 AM
RollingBlu
Rookie

Angry Radio Fixed by Lexus but not Happy

I also had the Dead Radio/Screen issue. It started after the car sat idle for a few months on a Battery Tender™. When I started it the radio was dead. The screen flashed the Lexus logo and the backup camera still displayed so the screen must be OK. After driving about 100 miles the screen displayed an automation and said something like, “Loading SD Card”. After that all was well, even the presets came back.Next; repeat of the same scenario (months idle on Battery Tender™) the radio died again. This time it didn’t recover after >1,000 miles. I tried the Battery Disconnect/Accessory mode fix about a dozen times – no luck.

Out of desperation, I took it to the Lexus stealership. They quoted $3,500 for a new radio and suggested an additional $700 in services. When I picked up the car I was surprised that the total bill was *ONLY* $3,500. They applied a $250 courtesy credit and some costs were less that expected. Am I satisfied? NO!

They had the car for 5 days awaiting the new radio. On day 3 they called to say that the car was stored inside (really?) and the tech noticed dripping coolant. They wanted to install a new water pump for $2,600! The car is 7 years old, always garaged and has never leaked a drop. I declined their suggestion. I was less than polite and that’s a gross understatement!. The car has been back in my garage for 2 weeks, no coolant drips, the overflow reservoir remains 1/2 full.

Quick Reply: Screen not working - Help Please!