RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

VLine VL2 Android Auto and CarPlay System for Lexus RX350 and RX 450H 2016 and up

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-20 | 03:37 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by whiteghost
I’m really liking this unit and what you guys are doing. And I REALLY like that you are here in the USA developing the product versus trying to get support from across the planet. 👍

For any of non technical users, what would you say is the biggest differences pro/cons of your unit versus the LSAILT unit?
Thank you for your support and your interest in our technology! We are so focused on developing our product, so we did not really think about making side-by-side comparison between VLine and the LSAILT

What we can say about our product is that on top of CarPlay / Android Auto VLine offers additional music plugins and UI interface that creates the flow between the music apps and the maps. There are many features available in our built-in music plugins, including Playlists, voice search and so on. Current music plugins include Spotify, Web Radio (subscription free), Google Music, Local (stored on the USB flash drive music), Pandora, with support for YouTube music coming soon. This is in addition to any apps that you can download from Google Play.

You can check overview of some plugins here:
https://gromaudio.com/vline/video.html

And we offer USA based support, and ship from USA too.

Here is one of the latest user review video of VLine, it has some overview of plugins:

The following users liked this post:
whiteghost (03-26-20)
Old 03-26-20 | 04:06 PM
whiteghost
Pit Crew

Great and thorough review on that Lexus IS.

Can you elaborate on how it functions while using the grom CarPlay and then switch to the built in Lexus RX 350 Satellite radio or any built in factory technology based feature?
Old 03-26-20 | 04:14 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by whiteghost
Great and thorough review on that Lexus IS.

Can you elaborate on how it functions while using the grom CarPlay and then switch to the built in Lexus RX 350 Satellite radio or any built in factory technology based feature?
You are using the same stereo buttons as you are using now for example to switch between FM and SAT. VLine takes over one of the factory stereo modes, in case of Lexus RX 350 2016 it takes over the factory AUX mode. You can review the install manual here (pages 10-11):

https://gromaudio.com/docs/vline_man...manual_web.pdf

Old 04-16-20 | 12:49 PM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for adding wireless Apple CarPlay! Works great so far. Too bad I can’t drive anywhere to enjoy it 😕
Old 04-17-20 | 03:17 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by Lownerrx
Thanks for adding wireless Apple CarPlay! Works great so far. Too bad I can’t drive anywhere to enjoy it 😕
Suspicious first post. Can you include a video of it working? Start the car, mess around in CarPlay, reverse your car?
Old 04-18-20 | 11:21 AM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Suspicious first post. Can you include a video of it working? Start the car, mess around in CarPlay, reverse your car?
There you go sir
I had to blur my home address. I learned about VLINE on this forum. I am very happy with it and wanted to show my appreciation. I'm so glad my car didn't have apple car play so I had the opportunity to install Vline. I understand why it might seem suspicious.
The following 4 users liked this post by Lownerrx:
ericsan13 (07-11-20), gromaudio (04-24-20), notara (05-26-21), rxtimes2 (04-19-20)
Old 04-19-20 | 06:45 AM
landij
Rookie

There you go sir https://youtu.be/yN8uDJGMOp0 I had to blur my home address. I learned about VLINE on this forum. I am very happy with it and wanted to show my appreciation. I'm so glad my car didn't have apple car play so I had the opportunity to install Vline. I understand why it might seem suspicious.
I’m almost ready to pull the trigger now it has wireless, for making calls and doing voice activate commands does VL2 use the car mic?

Old 04-19-20 | 06:07 PM
ericsan13
Racer

I am very happy with it and wanted to show my appreciation. I'm so glad my car didn't have apple car play so I had the opportunity to install Vline. I understand why it might seem suspicious.
Thanks for sharing!!

Do you have to manually connect to your phone every time you start your car though? Can VLine default to CarPlay when you start your car?
Lownerrx (04-23-20)
Old 04-20-20 | 07:01 AM
mrmonster
Pit Crew

So they only added wireless for Apple not Android?
Old 04-23-20 | 10:06 PM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

It connects automatically after you connect it for the first time. It’s not super quick tho. It takes maybe like 20 seconds. I have people complain of not being able to hear me while on a call tho.
ericsan13 (04-24-20)
Old 04-23-20 | 10:07 PM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Yes, the car’s mic. But I’ve had people complain of my voice quality.
Old 04-24-20 | 01:01 AM
Sailor23M
Driver School Candidate

Default Wireless CarPlay

There you go sir https://youtu.be/yN8uDJGMOp0 I had to blur my home address. I learned about VLINE on this forum. I am very happy with it and wanted to show my appreciation. I'm so glad my car didn't have apple car play so I had the opportunity to install Vline. I understand why it might seem suspicious.
I don't get it - what's the point of wireless CarPlay if you have to connect a wire?

thanks
Old 04-24-20 | 05:08 AM
landij
Rookie

Yes, the car’s mic. But I’ve had people complain of my voice quality.
Bluetooth quality is very important to me since I use the phone a lot. I might have to hold of until this is fixed. How bad is the quality? Does it cutoff a lot or is the sound muffled where they can’t understand you. Did you install the Mic that came with it? If so have you tried different placement? I was under the impression that it might not be using car Mic.
Old 04-24-20 | 08:24 AM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sailor23M
I don't get it - what's the point of wireless CarPlay if you have to connect a wire?

thanks
which wire? There is no wire connected. I showed it in the video to demonstrate that it was not connected to the phone.
Old 04-24-20 | 08:29 AM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by landij
Bluetooth quality is very important to me since I use the phone a lot. I might have to hold of until this is fixed. How bad is the quality? Does it cutoff a lot or is the sound muffled where they can’t understand you. Did you install the Mic that came with it? If so have you tried different placement? I was under the impression that it might not be using car Mic.
You can only use the car’s mic. There was no mic that came with it, unless it was missing from package. To be completely honest, I haven’t had a chance to use the car and make phone calls with what’s going on. Only had a chance to use it couple of times and the other end said my voice was muffled. But you could easily switch to the Car’s Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: VLine VL2 Android Auto and CarPlay System for Lexus RX350 and RX 450H 2016 and up