RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

VLine VL2 Android Auto and CarPlay System for Lexus RX350 and RX 450H 2016 and up

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-20 | 08:32 AM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrmonster
So they only added wireless for Apple not Android?
I don’t have an android phone, idk. Sorry
Old 04-24-20 | 11:10 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Wireless CarPlay is officially released. Lownerrx - thank you for posting a clip of it working. Here is a small clip on our instagram page:
View this post on Instagram

The wireless CarPlay feature is being enabled using firmware update on VLine.
The following users liked this post:
whiteghost (04-30-20)
Old 05-11-20 | 02:15 PM
landij
Rookie

Default Bluetooth call quality

How’s the Bluetooth call quality so far? Any issue and is it clear on both ends?
Old 05-12-20 | 07:17 AM
New450hL
Rookie

I ordered their latest model last week. I won’t be able to get it installed until July as I just purchased my 2019 450hL and sent it to my parents for them to drive until July where we can exchange cars but looking forward to this as they said I can download WAZE & Pandora directly to their unit to operate independently from my iPhone which was a huge selling point only using my iPhone for a hotspot vs having multiple apps plus hotspot running simultaneously.
Old 05-12-20 | 10:46 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by New450hL
I ordered their latest model last week. I won’t be able to get it installed until July as I just purchased my 2019 450hL and sent it to my parents for them to drive until July where we can exchange cars but looking forward to this as they said I can download WAZE & Pandora directly to their unit to operate independently from my iPhone which was a huge selling point only using my iPhone for a hotspot vs having multiple apps plus hotspot running simultaneously.
By latest model, do you mean the VLite? Does that do wireless carplay too?
Old 05-12-20 | 10:49 AM
New450hL
Rookie

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html

this is the unit...the $599 priced one
Old 05-13-20 | 09:59 PM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by landij
How’s the Bluetooth call quality so far? Any issue and is it clear on both ends?
Not good. No issue for me, I usually use my AirPods anyway. However, you could switch the car's Bluetooth and it works fine. I hope @gromaudio could find a solution. Their recommendation is to make sure the mic's cable is connected all the which I did with no improvement.
Old 05-16-20 | 07:43 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrmonster
So they only added wireless for Apple not Android?
@gromaudio Are you working on wireless connection for Android Auto?
Old 05-16-20 | 07:17 PM
landij
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lownerrx
Not good. No issue for me, I usually use my AirPods anyway. However, you could switch the car's Bluetooth and it works fine. I hope @gromaudio could find a solution. Their recommendation is to make sure the mic's cable is connected all the which I did with no improvement.

don’t the wireless CarPlay use Bluetooth too? If so is it easy to switch to the car Bluetooth and can I turn off Bluetooth calling on the VL2 so it always uses the car for calls. It’s sad that the unit has call quality issues and I asked GROM about it and said never heard of any issues which is not true.
Old 05-19-20 | 12:27 PM
abhirx350
Driver School Candidate

Hello GromAudio.. I am not a hands-on guy with installation of this system. But took it to one shop where they charge $85/hr to get it installed. They tried installing everything as per the installation guide but were not able to get back to the factory controls screen. Its going to black screen with lines on top. They tried calling your number but that is a sales line and they are not able to get a hold of anyone.

Someone wants them to download Whatsapp to chat and send videos but they've been at it for 2 hrs. When we are spending $600 on the VL2 for wireless carplay and your website chat support told me that this is the support number for any issues during installation.. why is there no tech support where there is an issue. Please let me know what is the direct number to reach you for tech support?
Old 05-19-20 | 09:35 PM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by landij
don’t the wireless CarPlay use Bluetooth too? If so is it easy to switch to the car Bluetooth and can I turn off Bluetooth calling on the VL2 so it always uses the car for calls. It’s sad that the unit has call quality issues and I asked GROM about it and said never heard of any issues which is not true.
There is definitely an issue @gromaudio .
Old 05-20-20 | 08:24 AM
New450hL
Rookie

How hard is it to switch back & forth between the car's Bluetooth and GROM Audio to make or answer calls? If switch to the cars Bluetooth do I lose the apple car play display on the screen? Sorry to ask but I have the VL2 unit sitting here on my desk debating whether or not to return it. I won't actually get to install it into my car until July as I just bought my 450hL and had it shipped to my parents where in July I will swap cars with them...that is if they will give it up as they are really enjoying the 450hL. So I am kind of going blindly here as I have no idea how the factory system even works. Will be my first Lexus going from Camry hybrid.

Old 05-20-20 | 11:05 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

sorry about that. If you experience the issue, make sure you report it to our engineering team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html Thank you.
Old 05-20-20 | 11:07 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by New450hL
How hard is it to switch back & forth between the car's Bluetooth and GROM Audio to make or answer calls? If switch to the cars Bluetooth do I lose the apple car play display on the screen? Sorry to ask but I have the VL2 unit sitting here on my desk debating whether or not to return it. I won't actually get to install it into my car until July as I just bought my 450hL and had it shipped to my parents where in July I will swap cars with them...that is if they will give it up as they are really enjoying the 450hL. So I am kind of going blindly here as I have no idea how the factory system even works. Will be my first Lexus going from Camry hybrid.
What year is your 450HL ?
Old 05-20-20 | 06:05 PM
New450hL
Rookie

Originally Posted by gromaudio
What year is your 450HL ?
it’s a 2019 Premium with navigation (not the luxury package)

Quick Reply: VLine VL2 Android Auto and CarPlay System for Lexus RX350 and RX 450H 2016 and up