RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

VLine VL2 Android Auto and CarPlay System for Lexus RX350 and RX 450H 2016 and up

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-20, 09:59 AM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by New450hL
Thanks for info as it was very helpful. Unfortunately I don’t see this for me after further understanding how it works as I am on the phone a ton while I drive and really need to have both WAZE & Bluetooth operational at same time.
I am the same way, on the phone constantly and need Waze. Having Waze on the big beautiful screen has been a life changer. I am really really happy with my device. I do recommend using apple EarPods, it has good audio quality.
Old 05-28-20, 10:28 AM
landij
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lownerrx
I am the same way, on the phone constantly and need Waze. Having Waze on the big beautiful screen has been a life changer. I am really really happy with my device. I do recommend using apple EarPods, it has good audio quality.
This is disappointing that can’t use car Bluetooth for calls while using CarPlay. Good thing I canceled my order today before it got shipped. I have to research other options now and hopefully GROM admits there’s an issue and fixes the call quality.
Old 06-01-20, 08:44 AM
abhirx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my Grom Audio Replacement Unit that I got over the weekend. Everything works as expected. I did get a call and it showed the Carplay UI with the accept and reject buttons and I was able to answer the call using steering wheel controls. Don't remember if after accepting the call the screen stayed on Carplay or not. Will check again and update here.
Old 06-01-20, 09:14 AM
landij
Rookie

Originally Posted by abhirx350
Installed my Grom Audio Replacement Unit that I got over the weekend. Everything works as expected. I did get a call and it showed the Carplay UI with the accept and reject buttons and I was able to answer the call using steering wheel controls. Don't remember if after accepting the call the screen stayed on Carplay or not. Will check again and update here.
Thanks for the update. Can you please also let us know how the call quality is on both ends when using VL2 for calls via CarPlay wireless.
Old 06-01-20, 09:31 AM
abhirx350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by landij
Thanks for the update. Can you please also let us know how the call quality is on both ends when using VL2 for calls via CarPlay wireless.
I did ask if the person on the other end was able to hear me well enough. They did say it was not bad. But no issues hearing me at all. Only thing is while trying to play music on wireless carplay, I have to crank up the volume all the way to hear it well.
Old 06-08-20, 02:41 PM
landij
Rookie

Originally Posted by abhirx350
I did ask if the person on the other end was able to hear me well enough. They did say it was not bad. But no issues hearing me at all. Only thing is while trying to play music on wireless carplay, I have to crank up the volume all the way to hear it well.
did you get the issue with the music volume fixed? Are you able to use the car radio and VL2 at the same time for navigation?
Old 06-19-20, 06:56 PM
landij
Rookie

Default Bluetooth solutions

Found this on another thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post10829364

has anyone tried it and if so did it work and are you able to make calls using Lexus Bluetooth while using VL2 for directions?
Old 06-24-20, 09:24 AM
dlin37
Driver School Candidate

following to see if the BT and Waze issue is ever resolved.
Old 06-28-20, 06:07 AM
cappyc
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb I want to listen to Satellite radio while using VLine for maps, is it possible?

Is it possible to listen to Sirius Xm while using Vline maps either Google or Waze.
I have a 2019 Lexus RX 350..

The connection is being done via USB, i would assume the Satellite Radio would still work but can't seem to get a confirmation on this.

Last edited by cappyc; 06-28-20 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-03-20, 10:29 PM
fantasy521
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Grom Vline VL2 Questions for 2018 RX with NAV

Hi there,
I have a 2018 Lexus RX350 with the factory Nav.
For the past two years, I tried numerous phone mounts and even the factory nav, however,
it just isn't cutting it.
I looked at the Beatsonic but the screen stretch just doesn't work for me,
Grom Vline 2 seems like a good choice but was wondering about the bugs and issues:
Has anyone tried the Vline 2 here?
If so it would be great if I can get some answers

1. How is the phone call quality in carplay mode?
I don't want to go back to the factory system and go back to carplay every time I get a call...

2. Does all steering wheel controls work?
Phone accept and end, volume, track change etc

3. Is the system still buggy?

4. What to look out for when installing?

I would appreciate some guidance.
Old 07-04-20, 02:37 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a pretty long thread on the VL2 here that should answer most of your questions.
Old 07-11-20, 04:37 PM
Lownerrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cappyc
Is it possible to listen to Sirius Xm while using Vline maps either Google or Waze.
I have a 2019 Lexus RX 350..

The connection is being done via USB, i would assume the Satellite Radio would still work but can't seem to get a confirmation on this.
I don't think you are able to. I would love if someone has figured it out.
Old 07-19-20, 05:21 AM
landij
Rookie

Default How’s your experience so far

Can some of the VL2 users tell us how your experience been so far and what issues are you still having? Also does anyone have instructions on how to install it in the armrest and are the cables long enough to route it there?

its been difficult to make a decision on which unit to get (lsalit, beatsonic or VL2). Seems like VL2 is the only one that comes as one unit VS the others have multiple units that you have to attach together.
Old 07-20-20, 09:49 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by landij
Can some of the VL2 users tell us how your experience been so far and what issues are you still having? Also does anyone have instructions on how to install it in the armrest and are the cables long enough to route it there?

its been difficult to make a decision on which unit to get (lsalit, beatsonic or VL2). Seems like VL2 is the only one that comes as one unit VS the others have multiple units that you have to attach together.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post10844805
Don't forget carlinkit. Also a single unit.
Old 07-22-20, 09:20 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post10844805
Don't forget carlinkit. Also a single unit.
Carlinkit is junk!! It doesn't work on my IS350 and you cannot return if you buy from Aliexpress US customs rejected my return unit twice.

Quick Reply: VLine VL2 Android Auto and CarPlay System for Lexus RX350 and RX 450H 2016 and up