RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

How to install Front camera module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-20 | 04:31 AM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

Default How to install Front camera module?

Hey everyone so the deal is as follows.I’ve bought Full F Sport bumper with Front Camera mounting in the grille.So my question is can i fit front camera as plug and play or is there any expertise needed to get the camera installed on My Lexus RX450h(2018) ,mind you my car did not have front camera option when i bought it.

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 03-03-20 | 06:02 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

You would have to purchase an aftermarket front camera setup that integrates with factory head-unit. Beat-sonic can provide you that. Not sure who else makes a kit.
Old 03-03-20 | 06:03 AM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NFaridi
You would have to purchase an aftermarket front camera setup that integrates with factory head-unit. Beat-sonic can provide you that. Not sure who else makes a kit.
could you drop their website link or contact please?Thanks!
Old 03-03-20 | 06:27 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Sure, here ya go:

Camera interface module (simple plug and play install):
https://www.beatsonicusa.com/cs5ep.html

Front Camera itself (also simple plug and play install):
https://www.beatsonicusa.com/cameras/bcam11.html

I bought this kit brand new a few months ago, haven't gotten around to installing it yet though.

Last edited by kitlz; 03-03-20 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-03-20 | 03:44 PM
eddie420

Interesting. Can you post a picture of the bumper? When I purchased my RX, it did not have the front camera option. I purchased the front camera and mounting hardware from eBay, I have not installed it yet. I am not even sure if the car is pre-wired (i.e., plug and play) so I'll have to play around with that and possibly make my own harness.

I had the Beat-sonic front camera module and the smartphone mirroring kit for my GS before I totaled it, still have the modules (see image below). It's a good quality product, they typically have sales around holidays and I believe they have a promo code for CL members. @BeatSonic .

Old 03-03-20 | 10:33 PM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eddie420
Interesting. Can you post a picture of the bumper? When I purchased my RX, it did not have the front camera option. I purchased the front camera and mounting hardware from eBay, I have not installed it yet. I am not even sure if the car is pre-wired (i.e., plug and play) so I'll have to play around with that and possibly make my own harness.

I had the Beat-sonic front camera module and the smartphone mirroring kit for my GS before I totaled it, still have the modules (see image below). It's a good quality product, they typically have sales around holidays and I believe they have a promo code for CL members. @BeatSonic .

More or less my bumper looks like this i dont have the actual photo.

it is more grille that is relevant than a bumper i think...
Old 03-04-20 | 03:59 PM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

Default What is this connector for?

Hey guys,i am in process of replacing my standard Lexus RX450h bumper with F sport i have discovered the abandoned connector which seems to be like factory option for front camera ,could some one clarify what is this connector for?

Old 03-04-20 | 04:20 PM
eddie420

Okay initially I thought that was for the radar, but it seems like that could be for your camera. I was coming from a GS background and the pinouts are a bit different on the RX. Do you have the front camera? Might be a plug and play scenario, Toyota/Lexus leave many connectors pre-wired.

Example is the HUD I installed on my GS: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...sassembly.html

They did the same thing with the power trunk, illuminated door sills, etc.

Last edited by eddie420; 03-04-20 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-04-20 | 04:23 PM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

That looks like the connector for the front pre-collision radar.
No the radar is connected by cable next to it

Old 03-04-20 | 04:30 PM
eddie420

Originally Posted by AndyAndy7
No the radar is connected by cable next to it
Yeah, you quoted my old post. Scroll back up.
Old 03-04-20 | 04:36 PM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, you quoted my old post. Scroll back up.
Yeah ,just noticed it.No i dont have a camera yet but i will be getting one anyway,because if cant install it plug and play i would be going for the beatsonic kit.

Just found one on ebay and connector looks the same as the mentioned socket

Last edited by AndyAndy7; 03-04-20 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-04-20 | 04:51 PM
eddie420

Yeah ,just noticed it.No i dont have a camera yet but i will be getting one anyway,because if cant install it plug and play i would be going for the beatsonic kit.

Just found one on ebay and connector looks the same as the mentioned socket
I bought mine used from eBay for US $165. $299 is way too steep. Just remember that the F-Sport and non-F-Sport mounting brackets are completely different.

Old 03-04-20 | 08:03 PM
Aldo211
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NFaridi
Sure, here ya go:

Camera interface module (simple plug and play install):
https://www.beatsonicusa.com/cs5ep.html

Front Camera itself (also simple plug and play install):
https://www.beatsonicusa.com/cameras/bcam11.html

I bought this kit brand new a few months ago, haven't gotten around to installing it yet though.
cool didn’t kno u can do that
how much did it cost you
Old 03-18-20 | 01:50 PM
AndyAndy7
Driver School Candidate

Okay initially I thought that was for the radar, but it seems like that could be for your camera. I was coming from a GS background and the pinouts are a bit different on the RX. Do you have the front camera? Might be a plug and play scenario, Toyota/Lexus leave many connectors pre-wired.

Example is the HUD I installed on my GS: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...sassembly.html

They did the same thing with the power trunk, illuminated door sills, etc.
My question is at what stage the camera will be engaged ?!When you park a vehicle ?Or maybe is there an additional control unit i need to install together with a button bellow?

Old 03-18-20 | 02:43 PM
eddie420

My question is at what stage the camera will be engaged ?!When you park a vehicle ?Or maybe is there an additional control unit i need to install together with a button bellow?
When the vehicle is in drive or neutral and <6MPH, the front camera will automatically engage. The panoramic view is for the 360 degree view.

Quick Reply: How to install Front camera module?