RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

No Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-20, 09:09 AM
goatee
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You have to order the triple beam headlight package in order to get the fog lights. Mine is a 2021 with this option and the fog lights.
The following users liked this post:
LRX05 (10-12-20)
Old 10-10-20, 11:05 AM
technobob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, gentlemen. Also thanks to the moderator that merged my question into this thread.
I did search the forum first... really, I did :-)
Old 10-12-20, 12:17 PM
cmmetcalf
10th Gear

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone get the correct Part Numbers for the Fog Lights (L+R) that will fit the front fascia on the 2020 without the log lights?
Old 10-12-20, 06:34 PM
technobob
Driver School Candidate

I know this does not answer your question, but see the second half of post #30 & #22 above. It is questionable if the wiring harness is there if the car was not equipped for the fog lights from the factory.

Let us know if you find out otherwise.
Old 10-19-20, 06:20 PM
cmmetcalf
10th Gear

technobob:

I know that---thanks for the comment. I have folks who can add them if I can get the right P/Ns. I am just trying to get an idea of how much the parts would be. There is plenty switch space in my RX and room for a relay if we need to add one in the box.
Old 01-07-22, 11:01 AM
richardyc
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wstashlu
Great to hear you are getting a new 2022 RX450h! Sounds like your not getting the three beam headlamps. They come with the fogs/turn signal lamps. As mentioned previously I have them in but not wired. Putting them in is no big deal but wiring is problematic. Starting with 2022 fogs are supposed to be available standalone but as of 2 weeks ago my dealer in NH had no info. Was looking to see what parts they add and how so I can replcate for my 2020 to get them lit. BTW, I love my 2020 RX450h. Enjoy the ride when you receive it!
Just got a 2022 RX450h sight unseen, it should be here in 2-3 weeks. It is the Black Line Edition, I am not sure if it has fog lamps as a standard item in this trim. It has the three beam LED headlamps with auto level option, but no mention of fog lamps in the non-original window sticker, so it's safe to assume it does not have any fog lamps?
Old 01-07-22, 11:17 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 494 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by richardyc
Just got a 2022 RX450h sight unseen, it should be here in 2-3 weeks. It is the Black Line Edition, I am not sure if it has fog lamps as a standard item in this trim. It has the three beam LED headlamps with auto level option, but no mention of fog lamps in the non-original window sticker, so it's safe to assume it does not have any fog lamps?
What do you mean by "non-original window sticker"?
Old 01-07-22, 11:49 AM
2022RX450h
Driver School Candidate

So I'm in the same position, dealer didn't even have a new RX on the lot to test drive but did have a 2017 certified on the used lot that we drove. Told us they may get some uncommitted inventory in in about 4 months. Two days ago we got a call that a vehicle matching our specs had shipped and would be in in 2-3 wks (right on their 4 month wait target) they would hold for us until we could take a look. I too had wanted the fog lights and it is not on the pre-sticker as a separate item, but it does have the Premium Triple Beam LED Adaptive pachage. Nowhere in the brochure or website does it say whether fog lights are part of that package for 2022's or not. The earlier post by Wstashlu seems to indicate they were in previous years models. I guess we'll just be surprised when we see it! Not a deal breaker for us but I've found they come in handy in many conditions in addition to fog and would have definitely ordered as a separate item if not included.
Old 01-07-22, 01:00 PM
richardyc
Rookie

Originally Posted by ravenuer
What do you mean by "non-original window sticker"?
something like this from another dealership. This one I'm getting has all the options as this one, except mudguards.

Old 01-07-22, 06:17 PM
Saranhai
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I chatted with a representative from my local Lexus dealership and they looked into it and responded saying that if your car has the triple beam option, then the fog lights come with it as well. My guess is that it's not specifically mentioned since the triple beam options have always had fog lights with them. It's only with the 2022 model where Lexus decided to make fog lights it's own package that one could add on in case they had only the bi-LED headlamps.
Old 01-09-22, 05:31 AM
richardyc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Saranhai
I chatted with a representative from my local Lexus dealership and they looked into it and responded saying that if your car has the triple beam option, then the fog lights come with it as well. My guess is that it's not specifically mentioned since the triple beam options have always had fog lights with them. It's only with the 2022 model where Lexus decided to make fog lights it's own package that one could add on in case they had only the bi-LED headlamps.
I hope your rep is right, I guess I will find out soon, as it will be at my dealership in a few days. I have a feeling maybe Lexus is quietly removing some items in an option due to parts shortage. I saw a video of someone bought a 2022 RX350 very early back in Oct, 2021. This option on her RX350 is called 'Premium triple beam LED headlamps, front LED front turn signals, headlamp washers, dynamic auto-leveling", it's a mouthful. my option that I think I paid the same price is only called 'Premium triple beam LED head lamps, front LED turn signals, dynamic auto leveling.' so does that mean mine does not have the headlamp washers?
Old 01-14-22, 07:45 PM
richardyc
Rookie

My 2022 RX450h Black Line Edition landed at the dealership yesterday and should be ready for pickup tomorrow. So the Premium trip beam LED headlamps option does include fog lights even though there is no mention of fog lights in the window sticker.

The following 4 users liked this post by richardyc:
coolbrazz (01-16-22), edtar68 (06-08-22), jollick (01-15-22), Mikes94GS3 (01-14-22)
Old 01-17-22, 09:28 AM
cmmetcalf
10th Gear

From an online article they said that the 2022 RX350 has a standalone option for fog lights. I just got a 2022 RX350 and I will check with my Lexus guys to see if that is the fact and whether the wiring might be in the harness.

2022 Lexus RX 350 review: Our expert's take

By Fred Meier

Most significant changes: The 2022 Lexus RX SUV carries over with new paint colors and a standalone option of foglamps for all trim levels.
from Cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-...CAAEgJTDvD_BwE
Old 01-24-22, 03:53 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cmmetcalf
From an online article they said that the 2022 RX350 has a standalone option for fog lights. I just got a 2022 RX350 and I will check with my Lexus guys to see if that is the fact and whether the wiring might be in the harness.

2022 Lexus RX 350 review: Our expert's take

By Fred Meier

Most significant changes: The 2022 Lexus RX SUV carries over with new paint colors and a standalone option of foglamps for all trim levels.
from Cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-...CAAEgJTDvD_BwE
I've had my 2022 RX350 fSport since Jan 7th. It came with no fog lights and I inquired to put them on my vehicle. They said they do not sell the fog lights. Please please let me know what your contact says b/c I'm not at all happy with paying $59k for this vehicle and not be able to add the fog lights. Thank you for your post.
Old 01-25-22, 07:04 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 494 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
I've had my 2022 RX350 fSport since Jan 7th. It came with no fog lights and I inquired to put them on my vehicle. They said they do not sell the fog lights. Please please let me know what your contact says b/c I'm not at all happy with paying $59k for this vehicle and not be able to add the fog lights. Thank you for your post.
I've never owned a vehicle with fog lights. Next time check before you buy if something's that important.

Quick Reply: No Fog Lights