RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

No Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-22, 04:53 PM
777rx400h
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 2022 without fog lights. It got foggy in my area and per government DOT regulations I was unable to drive my RX350 because only cars with fog lights can see the road, right?.....haaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-27-22, 08:32 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by 777rx400h
I have a 2022 without fog lights. It got foggy in my area and per government DOT regulations I was unable to drive my RX350 because only cars with fog lights can see the road, right?.....haaaaaaaaaaaa
Yes you can drive it, as long as you have fog rated blinker fluid.
Old 01-27-22, 11:49 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Yes you can drive it, as long as you have fog rated blinker fluid.
Best to use fully synthetic fluid, your lights will blink longer, then send for a blinker-light fluid analysis so that you don't change it if not needed.
Old 01-27-22, 03:15 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
I've had my 2022 RX350 fSport since Jan 7th. It came with no fog lights and I inquired to put them on my vehicle. They said they do not sell the fog lights. Please please let me know what your contact says b/c I'm not at all happy with paying $59k for this vehicle and not be able to add the fog lights. Thank you for your post.
It would be interesting to visit the body shop manager and ask them how they go about replacing damaged fog lights on a vehicle damaged in an accident.
Old 01-27-22, 03:35 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
It would be interesting to visit the body shop manager and ask them how they go about replacing damaged fog lights on a vehicle damaged in an accident.
The dealer would use this:

There seems to be some confusion in this thread between 'products' and 'parts'. Products are offered for retail sale. Parts are used to perform repairs. It seems clear that Lexus does not offer fog lights as add-on products; if you want fog lights, buy a vehicle with fog lights. It's just as clear, though, that Lexus has the available parts to repair a vehicle with fog light damage. Sometimes one can retrofit a vehicle using parts. Many of us have done that with the OEM illuminated door sills and I did so with F Sport pedals for my base RX. That capability is not universal, though. it would be a very heavy lift to add fog lights with factory functionality to an RX.
Old 01-27-22, 04:51 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by bamalam
The dealer would use this:

There seems to be some confusion in this thread between 'products' and 'parts'. Products are offered for retail sale. Parts are used to perform repairs. It seems clear that Lexus does not offer fog lights as add-on products; if you want fog lights, buy a vehicle with fog lights. It's just as clear, though, that Lexus has the available parts to repair a vehicle with fog light damage. Sometimes one can retrofit a vehicle using parts. Many of us have done that with the OEM illuminated door sills and I did so with F Sport pedals for my base RX. That capability is not universal, though. it would be a very heavy lift to add fog lights with factory functionality to an RX.
I don’t think I was confused, Maybe others were. Some of the posts on this thread acknowledged that they might have to do there own wiring. Post #35 is a good example.

As far as your statement about parts vs products, I’ve never heard that. I think the appropriate word in your context would be “accessories”.
The following users liked this post:
Kajnbabe (05-09-22)
Old 01-27-22, 06:24 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

As far as your statement about parts vs products, I’ve never heard that. I think the appropriate word in your context would be “accessories”.
No, 'product' captures the intent. 'Accessories' has a more narrow connotation. Tires are an easy example. A dealership will gladly sell tires as a product offering, but few consider a tire an accessory. All accessories are products, but not all products are accessories.
Old 01-29-22, 05:55 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by bamalam
No, 'product' captures the intent. 'Accessories' has a more narrow connotation. Tires are an easy example. A dealership will gladly sell tires as a product offering, but few consider a tire an accessory. All accessories are products, but not all products are accessories.
I suppose there is no right or wrong answer, but in my 50 plus years of owning cars and doing most of the work myself, I’ve never seen anyone use those terms the way you are.

I get that “product” is a term for basically any item for sale. But have you ever noticed that virtually all dealers have “parts departments” but I’ve never seen one that has a “product department”?

Last edited by jjscsix; 01-29-22 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-08-22, 08:56 PM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Fog Light Mod

Off topic but has anyone modded their oem fog lights to come on without the headlight.

example: DRL on and Fogs on without headlight.

I have modded this in my last three generations of IS.

Trying to do this on my 2022 RX350 Fsport with Tripple beams and fogs.

thanks in advance for any input.
Old 05-01-22, 11:33 PM
getyenz
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default So has anyone tried installing the fog lamps.

I have 21’ f sport that I would also like to add fog lamps and am wondering if they are pre wired what you might need is to add a relay to the junction block and change the turn signal stalk. I might think it is pre wired. Why do I assume this?

I recently changed out my tail lamps to the LED ones. My tail lamps were the halogen blinkers ones where only the outer tail lamp has the blinker. But on the led lamps both inner and outer lamps have the blinker and the vehicle was wired up to accept the led lamps. Hoping someone has added fogs with some input.
The following users liked this post:
rogercarli (10-08-22)
Old 05-02-22, 03:40 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
I noticed that my $56,000/well equipped 2020RX apparently does not have fog lights. I guess I just took it for granted that it would, as my prior “lesser equipped” RXs had them. Are they now only part of only the highest priced vehicles? Honestly I rarely used them, but just think they should be part of any $56,000 vehicle. How did I miss this?
I did the same thing and I loved to use my fog lights. I was and am still upset about it.
Old 05-03-22, 11:56 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

Waiting on a fog light kit for the RX.
Old 05-09-22, 04:01 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Great point, thank you! Just saw this message.
Old 05-09-22, 04:09 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by cmmetcalf
From an online article they said that the 2022 RX350 has a standalone option for fog lights. I just got a 2022 RX350 and I will check with my Lexus guys to see if that is the fact and whether the wiring might be in the harness.

2022 Lexus RX 350 review: Our expert's take

By Fred Meier

Most significant changes: The 2022 Lexus RX SUV carries over with new paint colors and a standalone option of foglamps for all trim levels.
from Cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-...CAAEgJTDvD_BwE
I was told by my dealership that I cannot add fog lights to my 2022 RX350 fsport, got it in January. Who else can I call?
Old 05-09-22, 04:10 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Waiting on a fog light kit for the RX.
for your 2022?

Quick Reply: No Fog Lights