RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

No Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-22, 04:15 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cmmetcalf
From an online article they said that the 2022 RX350 has a standalone option for fog lights. I just got a 2022 RX350 and I will check with my Lexus guys to see if that is the fact and whether the wiring might be in the harness.

2022 Lexus RX 350 review: Our expert's take

By Fred Meier

Most significant changes: The 2022 Lexus RX SUV carries over with new paint colors and a standalone option of foglamps for all trim levels.
from Cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-...CAAEgJTDvD_BwE
Did you check with your Lexus guys to see if that is the fact and whether the wiring might be in the harness so we can add fog lights to our vehicles?
Old 05-09-22, 03:23 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
for your 2022?
Yes, I am waiting for it.
Old 05-09-22, 03:24 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
I was told by my dealership that I cannot add fog lights to my 2022 RX350 fsport, got it in January. Who else can I call?
You would need to wait for an aftermarket kit when it becomes available on ebay.
Old 05-27-22, 09:01 PM
GRWlex
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2022 Rx 450H Triple Beam headlights, fog lamp upgrade?

Working on getting my girlfriend a new 2022 Rx 450H. The car-pocalypse is a bear, but we found her one that gets built on 6/3/22 and she's reserved it. Fortunately, this allotment will be configured almost exactly how she wants. But there's a single hitch. It will have the base headlights, tail lights and no fog lamps.

I've seen a few posts out there on upgrading other lexus headlights. Has anyone out there upgraded the headlights to the triple beam LEDs on the 2020-2022 Rx? Is anyone out there with the base headlight RX willing to take a look to see if the fog lamps can be bolted into the front bumper/ does the wiring harness on the base lights support it?

Looks like I can snag a used set of triple beams for ~$1200 and fog lamps for $300 more.
Old 05-27-22, 10:14 PM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Will not work because our triple beams auto level and the single projector style does not and is not programmed to be able to function that way now you can install the headlights yes but they will be facing towards the ground since by default the headlights start at that position when the car is off and then adjust themselves when the car is turned on.. which is more then just a wiring it’s a complete software that the vehicle must already have programmed in order for that to even function properly..
Old 05-28-22, 07:12 AM
Marty2020
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi folks - we have a "loaded" 2020 RX350 (including the Luxury Package) and it has the triple beam headlights and the fog lights. Trust me, the fog lights are beneath a nothing-burger. While they look somewhat cool there is, in my opinion, no compelling functional reason to expend any energy at all in researching them or trying to install them. All that they do is illuminate a few feet of road in front of you and the "cornering lights" are, other than telling someone else that you are turning, useless.
The following 3 users liked this post by Marty2020:
jjscsix (05-29-22), Lexspeed (07-30-22), pentaprism (02-15-23)
Old 05-28-22, 10:34 AM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marty2020
Hi folks - we have a "loaded" 2020 RX350 (including the Luxury Package) and it has the triple beam headlights and the fog lights. Trust me, the fog lights are beneath a nothing-burger. While they look somewhat cool there is, in my opinion, no compelling functional reason to expend any energy at all in researching them or trying to install them. All that they do is illuminate a few feet of road in front of you and the "cornering lights" are, other than telling someone else that you are turning, useless.
I’m my opinion they were worth every penny to purchase my vehicle with them and does give the car that extra notch on good looks but I do agree they could be a little better specifically in distance wise I mean I’m width it’s pretty good in my opinion and I love the motorized functions of them. But I don’t regret getting mines with them at all .
Old 05-28-22, 04:15 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 497 Likes on 375 Posts

Had fogs on my RX350. Never used them. Never missed them.
The following users liked this post:
Cocal (05-29-22)
Old 05-29-22, 07:38 AM
jcg0324
Advanced

Received 277 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Had fogs on my RX350. Never used them. Never missed them.

I don't know how I sleep at night without fog lamps on my RX. (just kidding) I know it is a personal thing.
Old 07-21-22, 07:07 PM
GRWlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Quantum501
Yeah...I was looking at the individual switches and they are kinda pricey unless you have a useful particular function that you want to add....like a light bar on a truck.
Actually pretty close to what I'm looking at doing. I want to mod the fog lamps onto my car. Already bought the factory fog lights and turning lights. I might be too difficult to install them as fully factory functional. At least no one has figured them out yet. So I figured I just put them on a switch in the dash. At this point, I think they'll just be installed with a fuse jumper and come on as always on when the headlights are on.
Old 07-26-22, 03:01 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GRWlex
Actually pretty close to what I'm looking at doing. I want to mod the fog lamps onto my car. Already bought the factory fog lights and turning lights. I might be too difficult to install them as fully factory functional. At least no one has figured them out yet. So I figured I just put them on a switch in the dash. At this point, I think they'll just be installed with a fuse jumper and come on as always on when the headlights are on.
Adding foglight is not difficult, the difficulty is having the turning lights to become functional when turning.
Old 07-26-22, 10:39 PM
GRWlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Adding foglight is not difficult, the difficulty is having the turning lights to become functional when turning.
Anyone figured out how to do it yet?
Old 07-27-22, 10:01 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

It helps if you aim them higher.
Old 07-27-22, 10:04 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GRWlex
Anyone figured out how to do it yet?
I am just waiting on aftermarket fogs. Cornering lights to work is going to complex.
Old 07-29-22, 12:12 PM
pentaprism
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

This.

I have the so-call 'fog lights' on all of my current vehicles. They illuminate a few feet in front of the vehicle. If you really need that part of the road to be illuminated, you're in trouble.

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
It helps if you aim them higher.
Did you actually try this and find that it helped? In what way?

For one of the vehicles, I modified the fog lights, installing the same bulbs used for the headlights. That didn't improve the usefulness (or rather, the uselessness) a bit.
The following users liked this post:
TechNut (07-30-22)

Quick Reply: No Fog Lights