RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Retractable Cargo Cover standard?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-20, 08:39 AM
2times
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retractable Cargo Cover standard?

Hi everyone, I just bought a brand new 2020 RX 350 F Sport Performance model..... it was all done online and I went to the dealership to pick it up. Question, when I drove the car home I realized there wasn't a cargo net and the retractable cargo cover in the car. I bought a pretty loaded model but was surprised that those things weren't included in the car, do those come standard?
Old 09-04-20, 10:50 AM
dibl
Instructor

Received 689 Likes on 403 Posts

Both of my F-Sports came with those two items, but they were not a 2020. I would ask the dealer about it, and if the answer isn't very crisp, I would escalate to Lexus.
Old 09-04-20, 10:56 AM
2times
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the dealership I bought it from and they said they included everything factory with the car and wouldn’t give me the cargo cover or net...... I asked two other lexus dealerships and they said the cargo cover should have came standard. How do I escalate to Lexus?
Old 09-04-20, 11:04 AM
dibl
Instructor

Received 689 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by 2times
How do I escalate to Lexus?
Happily I've never had to do that, but since your car is so new, I would start with the user documentation -- hopefully you got that with the car? There should be a warranty booklet and that should tell you what to do if your dealer is not giving you satisfactory treatment.

EDIT: Online contact info to U.S. Lexus HQ is here: https://www.lexus.com/contact

Last edited by dibl; 09-04-20 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-04-20, 11:12 AM
ejisfun
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Fairly certain the cargo cover is standard and is always included, at least in the US. The cargo net is an add-on, so it may not have been included.
Old 09-04-20, 11:40 AM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

As for your question if they come as Standard? The Cargo Net is listed as an additional "Accessory" at $70. I cannot find the Cargo Retractable Cover as either Standard or Accessory. The Retractable Cover is not listed on my MSRP Window sticker for my 2020 450h F Sport; however it was in the car when delivered. The cargo net was part of a package listed on the MSRP sticker.
Old 09-04-20, 11:51 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

Received 469 Likes on 256 Posts

I bought a 2020 and I thought that the cargo (tonneau cover) is not standard. Very strange however that it is not listed as an option or part of a package, so I guess only standard is left. Perhaps you could ask dealer which package is required to get it since it is not an option, then confirm on Lexus website to see if they are trying to take advantage. The net is an option and listed as such. I just told the dealer what I wanted first and then asked for the total price. Some of the bundling is very inconsistent.
Old 09-04-20, 02:21 PM
SFFD785
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

The retractable cover is standard. Have you filled out the survey you received from the dealer after your purchase? This survey is critical to the manufacturer paying the dealer for incentive programs etc. They are penalized if their monthly number doesn't meet Lexus requirements. In addition, the salesperson also gets hit. If you have not filled this survey out, I would use that as collateral to get you the cargo cover. If you do not get it, I would fill out the survey accordingly and call Lexus financial services to create a case.
The following users liked this post:
coolbrazz (09-04-20)
Old 09-04-20, 03:02 PM
coolbrazz
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Both came included with my 2016 & 2020 RX350. That's the issue about online car buying these Corona days from dealerships. It does have some convenience, but easy to miss things after your car is delivered to you.
Sure you would have noticed before driving it off the car lot.
Old 09-04-20, 04:28 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 416 Likes on 220 Posts

The Cargo Net is definitely a purchasable option on the 2020, frequently included in a convenience package that also includes a Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks and Key Gloves. The Luggage Cover (that's its official name) is discussed in the Owner's Manual, and there is no reference to "if equipped" or other phrasing that indicates it is optional. On the L models it is stored under the rear deck board, but I don't think it will fit there in the non-L models. Might be worth a look, though, just in case.
Old 09-04-20, 06:21 PM
pentaprism
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I think the cargo cover is standard. It came with my RX450H, but was not listed anywhere on the window sticker. Cargo Mat/Cargo Net/Wheel Locks/Key Glove package was listed, however.

Old 09-04-20, 06:40 PM
paid4c4
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you look in the compartment where the spare tire and jack are stored. On ours it is stored in that space and is standard equipment.
Bill
The following users liked this post:
Rarebird (09-19-20)
Old 09-04-20, 09:10 PM
blayze1983
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2times
I asked the dealership I bought it from and they said they included everything factory with the car and wouldn’t give me the cargo cover or net...... I asked two other lexus dealerships and they said the cargo cover should have came standard. How do I escalate to Lexus?
They're lying to you. Those items come standard.
Old 09-04-20, 09:15 PM
dannnn
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

My 19 rx350 f sport came standard with all the trunk fixings... not that helpful of info to you but its very strange to me. Lexus took away fog lights on the 2020 as well, unless you added the option. Lexus corporate's phone number is 1800 255 3987. Give them a call, I had a issue and I spoke with Lindsay and she helped me as best she could so there are some people at lexus that still seem to care. Finding a person who actually will hear you out at lexus is becoming very rare now days...

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...tra2=&filter=()

it is roughly +/- 600 bucks with shipping so I would press the dealership to the point of saying ill return the car and go to another lexus lmao. You generally have 30 days to return a car if it doesnt "suit" you or if your not happy with it. If they want to show you no customer service then take your business elsewhere, maybe the other lexus will be more pleased to hear a customers concern. I drove the loaner cars and every single one but 1 of them had the tonneau cover. Seems lexus customers love stealing it lol.. Not saying when you get a loaner take the cover and put it in your 2020 but if they want to be stingy then fair game?!?! Probably not but eh..
Old 09-05-20, 10:49 PM
pentaprism
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

>> You generally have 30 days to return a car if it doesnt "suit" you or if your not happy with it....

What state/country is this? Not in California, USA. The key word here is "generally."

California Lemon Law, formally known as the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act and Tanner Consumer Protection Act:
  • It covers all new vehicles, as well as used and leased vehicles that are still covered by the manufacturer's new vehicle warranty.
  • It only covers vehicles sold or leased in California. So, if you bought your vehicle in another state, it doesn't qualify.
  • It covers vehicles for the first 18 months after purchase / lease, OR with less than 18,000 miles driven, whichever comes first.
  • It requires automakers to replace or buy back a vehicle that doesn't function properly, under its written warranty, after a "reasonable" number of attempts.
So, what's "reasonable"? The law doesn't give an exact number, but it does specify some general guidelines:
  • The manufacturer / dealership has tried at least two times to repair a problem with the vehicle that, if unrepaired, could cause injury or death.
  • The manufacturer / dealership has tried at least four times to fix the same problem.
  • The vehicle has been "in the shop" for repairs, for more than 30 days total, leaving the owner unable to drive it for at least that amount of time. It doesn't have to be 30 consecutive days; if multiple visits add up to 30 days, the Lemon Law may take effect.

Quick Reply: Retractable Cargo Cover standard?