RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2021 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-20, 10:25 PM
LexusGuy80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BingCherry
Thanks to this forum, I learned a lot regarding to the price line that I want to hold against.

Just got my Caviar/Parchment RX450h two days ago, MSRP $58350 (navigation, parking assist with 360 view, wood trim, and bunch other options that I don’t care about however comes with the bundle). Negotiated the price down to $51800-$2500(cash rebate)=$49300, total $9050 discount The doc fee is $85, plus 9% tax and TTL, total price came $54722. The sales manager was friendly, I had a great time. I even chatted with him about the cargo mat to be a carpet, he went on and found an all-weather cargo mat from a used RX and placed in my new RX, LOL.

I was at the same dealership last week before XMas, almost got a Grey exterior with light grey interior, which MSRP is priced at $57555, negotiated down to $51200, however this car was sold, RX450h is a popular choice. I test drove a caviar with parchment interior, fell in love with the parchment and wood trim. Waited for a week, the sales manager was able to find my car from a different dealer and traded with them So far, love it!

I am considering to get all weather floor mat, any recommendations?
Which dealer was this at? You can PM if you don't want to share in the thread.
Old 12-31-20, 08:55 AM
john2307
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, I bought a '21 450H F-Sport, Atomic Silver / Black Interior two weeks ago, fully loaded, MSRP $62.9K, Dealer Discount $1,877 plus $2,500 Lexus Cash, OTD $58,582 (before tax & tags). Lexus Plus Dealer in SE Florida. I also shopped around with a Costco Auto Program Lexus Dealer, and it was a couple hundred higher. Enjoying the car very much, I highly recommend going hybrid for those considering the 350, it is smooth, quiet, great on gas, very refined. Cost difference not that much in comparison to the 350 based on MSRP, but it looks like folks are getting some nice discounts on the non-hybrids. My salesperson did mention that they discount the non-hybrids more and there were a lot on the lot. My car was the only one on the lot, actually I had reserved it in advance and bought it the day after it arrived - to give you an idea of the purchase dynamics. My first Lexus vehicle. Not sure I'll go back to a fully ICE vehicle... Looking forward to the LS version of the RX that is supposedly coming out in 2023-2024 (hybrid, hydrogen, electric - we'll see), with the new platform and all luxury goodies.

Last edited by john2307; 12-31-20 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-31-20, 09:48 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

Thanks to this forum, I learned a lot regarding to the price line that I want to hold against.

Just got my Caviar/Parchment RX450h two days ago, MSRP $58350 (navigation, parking assist with 360 view, wood trim, and bunch other options that I don’t care about however comes with the bundle). Negotiated the price down to $51800-$2500(cash rebate)=$49300, total $9050 discount The doc fee is $85, plus 9% tax and TTL, total price came $54722. The sales manager was friendly, I had a great time. I even chatted with him about the cargo mat to be a carpet, he went on and found an all-weather cargo mat from a used RX and placed in my new RX, LOL.

I was at the same dealership last week before XMas, almost got a Grey exterior with light grey interior, which MSRP is priced at $57555, negotiated down to $51200, however this car was sold, RX450h is a popular choice. I test drove a caviar with parchment interior, fell in love with the parchment and wood trim. Waited for a week, the sales manager was able to find my car from a different dealer and traded with them So far, love it!

I am considering to get all weather floor mat, any recommendations?
Excellent deal! Seems like the deals in CA are better than elsewhere, just based on anecdotes in the thread. Did you have a trade and, if so, how do you think you did on trade value?

I have the OEM mats all around and like them. You can certainly get deeper ones, like WeatherTech, if you think you need the extra level of protection.
Old 12-31-20, 10:27 AM
BingCherry
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bamalam
Excellent deal! Seems like the deals in CA are better than elsewhere, just based on anecdotes in the thread. Did you have a trade and, if so, how do you think you did on trade value?

I have the OEM mats all around and like them. You can certainly get deeper ones, like WeatherTech, if you think you need the extra level of protection.
Does OEM all weather have four pieces? I called the dealership, they told me there are two all weather mats, one from OEM (4pieces), one from weatherTech(3 pieces, the 2nd row is one long piece from side to side). Wondering if OEM two 2nd row pieces covers all the floor — or leaves big gaps? I got two boys, errrr, not a careful type, drop their food and drinks all the time 🤣

Do you think that having a trade in helped me negotiate down the price? I wondered now 😌 Because during my first visit, I almost traded in on my Infiniti, the GM took a quick look of it while he is finding me another RX450h in their partner stock — as the grey one was just sold. He did not give me the value, although I mentioned about KBB evaluation around $8500. Before my 2nd visit, I happened to check on VRoom, Autonation and Carvana. Surprisingly Carvana gave me $10k in appraisal, while Autonation $8k and VRoom $6k 😅 I called the sales manager and asked for a price match, he told me just go with Carvana, their offer is not even close I sold my Infiniti yesterday, smooth transaction, big shout to Carvana who wants to trade in their cars!

While I was complaining about the useless options, the sales manager did mention those are pre-ordered bundled packages and that RX350 has more options if I want to consider. He also said 450H is in high demand, and the inventory is low. I believed him, as the grey one was sold during my first visit and the GM was not able to find any parchment interior close by that day.

My sale manager’s name is Ly (pronounced as Lee), Putnam Lexus at Redwood City, his cell: 240-888-1419. Please mention my name Bing if you visit him, I think he is a great manager and he deserves more customers, and also because I may purchase a EV Lexus from him if Lexus decides to import to the US next year 😊

Good luck everyone!
The following users liked this post:
eddragon (02-25-21)
Old 12-31-20, 11:07 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Does OEM all weather have four pieces? I called the dealership, they told me there are two all weather mats, one from OEM (4pieces), one from weatherTech(3 pieces, the 2nd row is one long piece from side to side). Wondering if OEM two 2nd row pieces covers all the floor — or leaves big gaps? I got two boys, errrr, not a careful type, drop their food and drinks all the time 🤣

Do you think that having a trade in helped me negotiate down the price? I wondered now 😌 Because during my first visit, I almost traded in on my Infiniti, the GM took a quick look of it while he is finding me another RX450h in their partner stock — as the grey one was just sold. He did not give me the value, although I mentioned about KBB evaluation around $8500. Before my 2nd visit, I happened to check on VRoom, Autonation and Carvana. Surprisingly Carvana gave me $10k in appraisal, while Autonation $8k and VRoom $6k 😅 I called the sales manager and asked for a price match, he told me just go with Carvana, their offer is not even close I sold my Infiniti yesterday, smooth transaction, big shout to Carvana who wants to trade in their cars!
The short answer to the trade question is "yes." It's a gross margin business, so, factory incentives aside, dealers are looking to maximize the margin on the whole deal and don't care where the margin is obtained. That can mean stealing the trade and giving a great discount on new, or giving a great trade value and taking margin on the new car side. It sounds like, in the end, you didn't trade. I confess to being north of 60 and never traded a car in my life - I've always sold them privately or to other dealers. The down side is, because of the strength of the dealer lobby, sales tax in most states is calculated on the difference between the new vehicle and trade amount. Selling privately means you have to make up that difference. I don't know the laws in CA, though. It sounds like you stole your 450h; good on 'ya!!!

The 2nd row OEM mat is one piece. I've attached a couple of photos of my '20 RX350 mats for your inspection. The OEM all-weather mat package is four pieces because it includes a cargo-area mat. The Accessories Package also comes with a carpet cargo area mat. My vehicle had both packages as factory options (on the Monroney sticker), so I ended up with a 4-piece carpet mat set and a 4-piece all-weather mat set.

2nd row one-piece Lexus OEM mat

Driver's side Lexus OEM mat
Old 12-31-20, 11:15 AM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

All weather mat vs liners are different thing in Lexus and Toyota world. Do not buy the mat, you'll regret. Get the OEM liner, which is all weather and same coverage as weathertech but looks better too.

Part number for liners is PT9084816820. Google it and you can find it for less than 125 shipped.

Last edited by tipsytopsy; 12-31-20 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-31-20, 06:39 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 558 Likes on 377 Posts

While I was complaining about the useless options, the sales manager did mention those are pre-ordered bundled packages and that RX350 has more options if I want to consider. He also said 450H is in high demand, and the inventory is low. I believed him, as the grey one was sold during my first visit and the GM was not able to find any parchment interior close by that day.

My sale manager’s name is Ly (pronounced as Lee), Putnam Lexus at Redwood City, his cell: 240-888-1419. Please mention my name Bing if you visit him, I think he is a great manager and he deserves more customers, and also because I may purchase a EV Lexus from him if Lexus decides to import to the US next year 😊

Good luck everyone!
Putnam is a great dealership; it is a mom and pop vs the big dealerships. In the Bay Area, there are many Lexus dealerships. I have bought 3 cars from Putnam. Well, the 1st was our '18 RX450h lease; it is over in Feb. The manager, Mr. David Jenner, is getting us a '21 RX450h F Sport, white on red. This is perhaps the hardest RX combo to find.
Old 01-01-21, 08:55 PM
CalMike
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
There are no 450h F Sports in SF Bay Area. We are waiting for 1...
Are you seeing many in So Cal?
I wouldn't say there are "many" 450h F Sports here in SoCal, but I have been seeing that there are a couple around at a few dealerships. To paraphrase our friend coolsaber, the F Sport is being treated by certain dealers similarly to the PlayStation 5 on day one of release.

I noticed in your latest post that you're looking for an Ultra White/Red combo. I came across an RX450h F Sport in that exact color combo at one of the local SoCal dealers last week. But I was looking for Caviar, which I found at another dealer.

I picked up an RX450h F Sport Handling earlier this week, in Caviar/Black. I haven't driven mine much yet, but the vehicle is awesome and I'm extremely happy with it so far!

Thanks to everyone in this thread and others on the site. As always, ClubLexus was a key component in my research and many of the posts here were helpful to me.
The following users liked this post:
JeffKeryk (01-02-21)
Old 01-11-21, 01:48 PM
florida407
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up JM Lexus- RX350L Purchase

Hello all,

I found your site/forums as I was doing research on this model. This thread has been invaluable and a great help! I'm currently negotiating on a 350L with JM lexus and the information you've provided has helped me to compile a spreadsheet of recent sales, which is helping me negotiate with them.

For anyone's info- I have found that over the most recent 5 sales posted on this forum, average discount off of MSRP ranges from 12-15.5%. This includes lexus cash (currently 2500), and the military promotions if qualified.

I qualify for the military promotion and am currently targeting a 15.5% discount off of MSRP on a new 350L. I have isolated the "dealer discount" after the promotions have been applied (Lexus cash/military), and know exactly where I need to push. I now have 4 other dealerships working up numbers as well.

I would recommend to anyone looking to purchase/lease a vehicle to use excel to put things in front of you. it helps! Thanks to the members reporting their sales prices!

I will be paying it forward and posting mine after I finalize a sale! One of these dealers is going to make the sale in the next couple of weeks, I just don't know who it will be yet!
Old 01-12-21, 04:58 AM
charliea
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not as great a discount as previously

I'm in Gettysburg Pa, the closest dealer is Bobby Rahal Lexus, 40+ miles away. I was disappointed with the pricing. On a $55k RX they gave me 2K off the msrp.. No Lexus loyalty discount, because I took the 0% financing, even though this is my 6th Lexus, no dealer loyalty discount even though we have bought at BRL previously. They low balled the trade in on my 2013 RX with 83k miles at $14k. When they are the only game in town, they hold all the cards.
Old 01-12-21, 06:28 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 558 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by charliea
I'm in Gettysburg Pa, the closest dealer is Bobby Rahal Lexus, 40+ miles away. I was disappointed with the pricing. On a $55k RX they gave me 2K off the msrp.. No Lexus loyalty discount, because I took the 0% financing, even though this is my 6th Lexus, no dealer loyalty discount even though we have bought at BRL previously. They low balled the trade in on my 2013 RX with 83k miles at $14k. When they are the only game in town, they hold all the cards.
Sorry to hear that. Around here (Silicon Valley) there is a Lexus dealer on every other corner. It is easy to play them off against each other, and they know it.
But in the end, enjoy your beautiful RX!
Old 01-12-21, 08:05 AM
amindu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charliea
Expand your search area and either drive or have it shipped. You can get much better pricing in DC (check out a lease hacking website, there is a broker on there that is based out of DC and he is always very competitive with a very low broker fee ($399)). I would keep looking or wait until the end of the month and try again with your local dealer send them the deal you get from other dealers to match, if they want your business, I would shoot for Atleast 10%. Good luck
Old 01-12-21, 04:53 PM
florida407
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Update:

JM Lexus isn't budging. They are currently at 6.13% below MSRP before incentive cash. The sales manager tried to tell me that their out the door will be better due to their admin fees being lower than other dealers. We'll see about that shortly.....

Another dealer has already agreed to honor low rate financing AND incentive cash, which seemed to strike a nerve with JM. Honestly, I don't care if an additional credit is thrown in to offset total financing charges and it isn't "true" low rate financing.

For reference, can anyone speculate what Lexus Cash might be in February? My local dealer is rebuilding inventory and wants my business, but likely wont be able to pull the one I want for a couple of weeks.

thanks all!
Old 01-12-21, 07:44 PM
LexusSmgk
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone is looking for 202 RX 350-L?

Hello everyone, thanks for all the info on the thread.

I was wondering if anyone still looking at 2020 RX
I have a lot of inventory around me in SoCal for 2020 (RX 350L) and I think they are very similar to 2021
Do you know any current incentives for 2020? Or what should be my target % off MSRP ?

And what dealers do with unsold inventory now, One salesman told after the end of this month they'll auction it off.

Your input is highly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-21, 08:43 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Originally Posted by florida407
JM Lexus isn't budging. They are currently at 6.13% below MSRP before incentive cash. The sales manager tried to tell me that their out the door will be better due to their admin fees being lower than other dealers. We'll see about that shortly.....

For reference, can anyone speculate what Lexus Cash might be in February? My local dealer is rebuilding inventory and wants my business, but likely wont be able to pull the one I want for a couple of weeks.
FWIW, I've never seen anyone on the pricing threads accurately predict movements in Lexus Cash. Historically, the 2020 RX350 Lexus Cash offer was $2K in March and April, 2020. Same in February and May, as I recall. Market changes likely make that history irrelevant, though.

Remember to account for every dollar in the deal when citing discounts. Fees = margin to the dealer, so need to be included in discount calculations.

Quick Reply: 2021 RX prices