RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2021 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-21, 11:45 AM
Rodolan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbatzmaru
got 10% discount off MSRP. Plus the following incentive.

2500- RXL rebate
1500- loyalty
1000- grad
also got 700 to cover first month and no security deposit but everyone gets that.
please share some info in private if you prefer as I am in the beginning process of shopping. Thanks
Old 03-12-21, 06:42 AM
08RX350NY
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone, new here and I need your help.
I'm in the NY Metro area and I am looking for a 2021 RX350 AWD. The best deal I got from a dealer is 5.5% off MSRP, but after reading some of deals I see here I feel like theres more discount to get.
Does anyone in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area have a recommend dealer that I can work with to get to that 8-10% off?

Thank you very much. cheers!
Old 03-13-21, 10:36 PM
kleenex
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Did I get a good deal? 2021 RX 350 AWD

Hello all,

I wanted to get some fellow opinions to make sure I am making the right deal, since this is my first time purchasing a Lexus.
Due to the current deals Lexus has ( 0 APR or 1.9 72 months) it has been quite inciting.

Okay here's the deal:
2021 Lexus RX 350 AWD
Eminent White Pearl
Parchment with matte bamboo trim

Vehicle Base: $46,470

Packages:
  • Wireless charger 200.00
  • Cold-weather package with headlamp leveling 315.00
  • 20inch rims $1,130.00
  • Heated and Ventilated Front Seats 640.00
  • Navigation Package 2,285.00
  • Premium paint Charge 425.00
  • Premium Package 480.00
  • Panoramic view monitor, intuitive parking assist with autobraking and rear cross-traffic breaking 1,365.00
  • Power-moon roof and aluminum roof rails 1,350.00
  • Towing-prep package 270.00
  • Heated wood and leather trimmed steering wheel 450.00
  • All weather floor mats 285.00
  • Body Side molding 210.00
  • Door-Edge film 3M 90.00
  • Illuminated door-sills 425.00
  • Mud Guards 170.00
  • Running Boards 650.00
  • Trunk mat, cargo net & wheel locks 325.00
Total equipment : $11,065.00
Delivery Processing and Handling: $1,025.00
Grand total of MSRP was $58,560.00 + Taxes, license and fees.

What we negotiated it down to....
$56,000.000 + Taxes, license and fees.

My wife and I have 1 day to decide on this vehicle since we are waiting for it to arrive from wherever the dealer found it from.
What do you think? Should we pull the trigger?
All these options weren't exactly what we requested, but its the only white rx with bamboo interior that has AWD that the dealer could find.

The people of ClubLexus... please lend us a helping hand!
and thank you very much in advanced!
Old 03-13-21, 10:43 PM
fireball63
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If you like it buy it. If I said I got a better deal would you walk? Enjoy the ride, they are a great vehicle.
Old 03-13-21, 10:45 PM
kleenex
Driver School Candidate

But...did you get a better deal?
Old 03-13-21, 10:50 PM
fireball63
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes I did!
Old 03-13-21, 10:53 PM
kleenex
Driver School Candidate

What did you get? and did it have all these bells and whistles?
Old 03-14-21, 06:32 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by kleenex
Hello all,

I wanted to get some fellow opinions to make sure I am making the right deal, since this is my first time purchasing a Lexus.
Due to the current deals Lexus has ( 0 APR or 1.9 72 months) it has been quite inciting.

Okay here's the deal:
2021 Lexus RX 350 AWD
Eminent White Pearl
Parchment with matte bamboo trim

Total equipment : $11,065.00
Delivery Processing and Handling: $1,025.00
Grand total of MSRP was $58,560.00 + Taxes, license and fees.

What we negotiated it down to....
$56,000.000 + Taxes, license and fees.

My wife and I have 1 day to decide on this vehicle since we are waiting for it to arrive from wherever the dealer found it from.
What do you think? Should we pull the trigger?
All these options weren't exactly what we requested, but its the only white rx with bamboo interior that has AWD that the dealer could find.
My wife and I just picked up a nearly identical vehicle yesterday except it is a 450h (Birch interior) and the price almost exactly reflected the difference. The current Lexus sale is for $2500 rebate or 1.9% financing. We got more off the total because we took the $2500 rebate. The bottom line is that with the exception of that one difference, our discount was similar to what you are describing. I always hear of folks that get amazing deals from time to time, but your offer sounds pretty fair to me.
Old 03-14-21, 06:36 AM
kleenex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TechNut
My wife and I just picked up a nearly identical vehicle yesterday except it is a 450h (Birch interior) and the price almost exactly reflected the difference. The current Lexus sale is for $2500 rebate or 1.9% financing. We got more off the total because we took the $2500 rebate. The bottom line is that with the exception of that one difference, our discount was similar to what you are describing. I always hear of folks that get amazing deals from time to time, but your offer sounds pretty fair to me.

After reading everything every post on here... It's not. I'm getting screwed and there is definitely more discounts I could get. After taxes it ends up being 61k.

I will attempt to renegotiate or just decline and start over.
I never signed anything yet since they are shipping the car.
Also it's got too many bells and whistles.
Running boards, side molding and all that.
​​​​​​
Old 03-14-21, 07:58 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

After reading everything every post on here... It's not. I'm getting screwed and there is definitely more discounts I could get. After taxes it ends up being 61k.​​​​​​
It doesn't sound like much of a deal to me, either, especially for California. It seems like CA buyers typically get bigger discounts (when you can get folks to post bottom line discount, instead of top line.) I calculate your discount to be 4.37% if the fees you mention are state-required, not dealer fees. Lexus Plus dealers (the no-haggle, one-price shops) will likely do at least that well, unless the vehicle is in very high demand.

If you drive your vehicles forever and you are getting exactly the vehicle you want, paying a premium for it is not such a bad thing. If either of these things are not true, I'd pass. It takes a lot of work, but you might consider bidding your business to several non-affiliated Lexus dealers, even if there is only one vehicle matching your requirements available. The backend money on the deal can make a big difference between the least and most hungry dealer.
Old 03-14-21, 09:42 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by bamalam
It doesn't sound like much of a deal to me, either, especially for California. It seems like CA buyers typically get bigger discounts (when you can get folks to post bottom line discount, instead of top line.) I calculate your discount to be 4.37% if the fees you mention are state-required, not dealer fees. Lexus Plus dealers (the no-haggle, one-price shops) will likely do at least that well, unless the vehicle is in very high demand.
I think I misread or misinterpreted the original post from Kleenex. I agree that prices vary by region and most of the incredible deals I have seen with Lexus vehicles were at California dealerships. From what I have seen and/or experienced myself, I can usually expect about 8 or 9% discount from MSRP in my region. The pricing I experience is flavored by the fact that then next nearest Lexus dealer is over 400 miles away.

As to the additional "bells and whistles," I was kind of intrigued because that is exactly what I would have wanted and almost exactly how ours was configured ($2900 of accessories including the paint protection film). If you look at my post in the new owner's thread you will see what I mean. That said, clearly not everyone is after the same options and they all run the price tag up. There is nothing wrong with continuing your search. Your dealer(s) will try to push you to something they have in stock or awaiting delivery but they will have many more in the weeks to come. Try again in a month and you might be surprised.
Old 03-14-21, 10:12 AM
kleenex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TechNut
I think I misread or misinterpreted the original post from Kleenex. I agree that prices vary by region and most of the incredible deals I have seen with Lexus vehicles were at California dealerships. From what I have seen and/or experienced myself, I can usually expect about 8 or 9% discount from MSRP in my region. The pricing I experience is flavored by the fact that then next nearest Lexus dealer is over 400 miles away.

As to the additional "bells and whistles," I was kind of intrigued because that is exactly what I would have wanted and almost exactly how ours was configured ($2900 of accessories including the paint protection film). If you look at my post in the new owner's thread you will see what I mean. That said, clearly not everyone is after the same options and they all run the price tag up. There is nothing wrong with continuing your search. Your dealer(s) will try to push you to something they have in stock or awaiting delivery but they will have many more in the weeks to come. Try again in a month and you might be surprised.
Yeah the wife was all bothered with " omg we have to get that 0 apr!" But it's all good I'm glad I didn't sign anything.
We will wait and look around but yeah I had a feeling I could have gotten more off the price.
Old 03-14-21, 04:18 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 558 Likes on 377 Posts

Yeah the wife was all bothered with " omg we have to get that 0 apr!" But it's all good I'm glad I didn't sign anything.
We will wait and look around but yeah I had a feeling I could have gotten more off the price.
Where in CA are you? I am very familiar with the Lexus dealers in the Silicon Valley.
Fot an RX350 with MSRP of $58K, I would expect $5K dealer discount and $2500 Lexus money. Or better...
Hybrids cost more; everyone wants one especially white.
F Sports cost more with white again as a strong color.

You can see what I just paid for the most indemand RX, a white on red RX450h F Sport.
If you are near Silicon Valley, I can help. Good luck.
Old 03-14-21, 08:27 PM
kleenex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Where in CA are you? I am very familiar with the Lexus dealers in the Silicon Valley.
Fot an RX350 with MSRP of $58K, I would expect $5K dealer discount and $2500 Lexus money. Or better...
Hybrids cost more; everyone wants one especially white.
F Sports cost more with white again as a strong color.

You can see what I just paid for the most indemand RX, a white on red RX450h F Sport.
If you are near Silicon Valley, I can help. Good luck.
I Appreciate the help!

Shout out @BingCherry I got an RX 350 AWD for 55k OTD.
12% off MSRP.
I am writing this while on the way to pick it up in Bay area from SD.
My wife and I are crazy haha
Old 03-15-21, 08:58 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 558 Likes on 377 Posts

I Appreciate the help!

Shout out @BingCherry I got an RX 350 AWD for 55k OTD.
12% off MSRP.
I am writing this while on the way to pick it up in Bay area from SD.
My wife and I are crazy haha
Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. I have bought 4 cars there.

Quick Reply: 2021 RX prices