RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2021 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-21, 11:20 PM
deparko
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007Camry
Congrats! Does 13% discount include $2500 Lexus rebate? Glad you enjoy the car. :-)
yes. Total discount
Old 05-03-21, 04:33 PM
drowsynaga
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450h Offer review

I happen to be in the market for a new 450h with Nightfall Mica color. There is no such build with that color here at my place (GA) so I started looking out to other states. This is a quote from a dealership in Dallas, TX. They said they will take care of all the logistics and registrations.

1. This is my first time buying a car, anything I should worry about especially when I am doing business online with an out-of-state dealer? These guys seem to have good reviews on Google. Is it too naive to think I will just pay and drive?
2. The salesperson gave me this offer. From my initial research this looks like a "standard" one. What's the current market range for the MSRP and out-to-door price?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KPw...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TY6...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iy5...ew?usp=sharing

They said they can forgo the 0.9% APR and also give a $2250 rebate.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by drowsynaga; 05-03-21 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-04-21, 03:27 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts

From what is attached it looks like they are just charging you sticker price plus tax. Not sure what the going discount is on the hybrid model-non hybrids seem to be getting 10% off give or take- but I would say this deal is a no-go.
The following 2 users liked this post by jer:
drowsynaga (05-05-21), lexuv00963 (05-04-21)
Old 05-04-21, 04:57 AM
Lex918
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with @jer, no-go on this deal.

Try Park Place Lexus Plano, I email inquiry about an RX450h they had and they gave me their best offer without any real issue. the offer at the time was similar to what everyone listed on this forum. Just FYI for comparison (Sept 2019 - $49,900 + TT&L).
The following users liked this post:
drowsynaga (05-05-21)
Old 05-05-21, 04:27 AM
drowsynaga
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I wasn't clear. This price is before negotiation. Let me try discuss pricing with them. I am not looking for the best deal, just hope to pay the right market price
Lex918 (05-05-21)
Old 05-05-21, 08:51 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 159 Posts

drowsynaga You can also try to get your local dealer to do a search for what you are looking for. I wanted a certain color combo and they found one in Tennessee, my local GA Lexus Dealer had it trucked here to to them and I negotiated and purchased from my local dealer.

Old 05-05-21, 09:20 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
drowsynaga You can also try to get your local dealer to do a search for what you are looking for. I wanted a certain color combo and they found one in Tennessee, my local GA Lexus Dealer had it trucked here to to them and I negotiated and purchased from my local dealer.
I did the same with my ES. The only downside is that you can't even inspect the car before you have money down on it. My ES arrived from another dealership and it was covered in hard water spots. I am still working at the windows trying to clear the water staining. I doubt I will ever get them completely clean and that is unacceptable for a new car. When I purchased my recent RX it was in transit to my local dealer, so the dealer (local or otherwise) didn't have any significant opportunity to make a mess of the finish. The ES purchase taught me an important lesson, I will never buy another dealer trade again unless I know it recently arrived on the original dealer's lot. If you bring a car in from another dealer, make sure you inspect it very carefully BEFORE finalizing any deal.
Old 05-07-21, 10:51 AM
loonatik
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuk
To the people in the midwest area, we just pulled our trigger on a Black on Black Rx350 F-Sport at $60,380 which includes almost all options (Triple Beam as well) besides Mark Levinson, Panoramic Sunroof, and Handling package. The vehicle with this exact spec is pretty rare. The more common ones are always sitting at $58,xxx without the triple beam. Therefore, we first started negotiating off the regular ones. One dealer in Chicago agrees to get close to 7% dealer discount that I asked for before the $2500 rebate. After going through a few dealers in Illinois and Michigan, we saw the only vehicle black on black that has the triple beam which is the one we bought. Since it is a bit rare, here is our breakdown:

MSRP: $60,380
Dealer Discount: $3864.32 (~6.4%)
Rebate: $2500
Adjusted Price: $60,380-3864.32-2500= $54,015.68
CVR fee: $24
Doc Fee: $230
Tax: $3406.18
Non Tax Fee: $31
Total (OTD): $57,706.86

So when the Chicago dealer agreed to the deal, their car was sold. So I just used 7% on this dealer who had the car I wanted. At first, they said they can only do 5.5%. But when I told them another dealer agrees to 7% and we could drop a little to 6.4%, they just agreed. Therefore I know for sure that the dealer can definitely go over 7% if you really want to negotiate. However, these f-sports are selling so well, every car I saw at the beginning of March was sold within a week, so we couldn't just let my perfect car slide. In conclusion, these F-sports do not stay on the dealer lot. If you want one, and the specs & discounts are what you can deal with, take it. Otherwise, if you are patient, for an f-sport, you should aim for at least an 8%-9% discount since dealers can easily match 7% sometimes. For a base regular model, try shooting for 9-10% especially when you see that other dealers have the same vehicles on their lot via common specs. I was helped greatly by some folks in here and I hope this will help others along the way. Good luck on purchasing your Rx!
I believed I just got same car as yours with pretty close OTD.
ODO just turned 200 miles this morning, really enjoying it. I'm sure you do yours too.

websurfer (05-07-21)
Old 05-07-21, 10:58 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 341 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by loonatik
ODO just turned 200 miles this morning, really enjoying it. I'm sure you do yours too.

Congrats on your new ride. What's appearance package?
Old 05-07-21, 12:55 PM
loonatik
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
Congrats on your new ride. What's appearance package?
Thank you.
The way it was explained pretty much about the paint quality. If it looses the wet look, then bring it in.
websurfer (05-07-21)
Old 05-09-21, 10:38 AM
Shuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by loonatik

Congratulations to you!!! Even better, you have the Mark Levinson which mine doesn't. I'm sure your ride will turn heads! I tried not to drive as much and keep it clean but just can't help myself.. almost 2,000 on the odometer in less than 2 months
Old 05-20-21, 09:43 AM
yoyofish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not getting any discount except the 2000 dollars Lexus rebate. Our local dealership guy wont budge cuz of microchip shortage. We wanted to buy a RX but I guess that we have to hold back on that purchase.
Old 05-20-21, 09:58 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by yoyofish
I am not getting any discount except the 2000 dollars Lexus rebate. Our local dealership guy wont budge cuz of microchip shortage. We wanted to buy a RX but I guess that we have to hold back on that purchase.
This is a lousy time to be buying a car. Your best strategy is to wait until the last day of the month and solicit bids from as many dealers as you can. Make sure they know you are ready to buy and take delivery immediately (and not just one of the "what's your best price" flakes they deal with every day.) You might catch one on the cusp of earning some backend money and is therefore willing to cut a decent deal.

Obviously, it is best if you are flexible on color and configuration, and ask each dealer for a bid on a car they have that is acceptable to you. May 31 is a Sunday. If that is not a selling day in your state, then June 1 is probably the last day of their fiscal month. Dealers generally won't end the month on a non-selling day.

If you are trading, make sure you know the true wholesale value of your trade.
websurfer (05-20-21)
Old 05-20-21, 12:08 PM
2007Camry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bamalam
This is a lousy time to be buying a car. Your best strategy is to wait until the last day of the month and solicit bids from as many dealers as you can. Make sure they know you are ready to buy and take delivery immediately (and not just one of the "what's your best price" flakes they deal with every day.) You might catch one on the cusp of earning some backend money and is therefore willing to cut a decent deal.

Obviously, it is best if you are flexible on color and configuration, and ask each dealer for a bid on a car they have that is acceptable to you. May 31 is a Sunday. If that is not a selling day in your state, then June 1 is probably the last day of their fiscal month. Dealers generally won't end the month on a non-selling day.

I agree. I got a RX350 Base with Nightfall Mica color at the end of last month with over $6k off MSRP of $48k (including $2.5k Lexus cash). It was not easy and I needed to get quotes from many Lexus dealerships and even some Acura ones to get negotiation going. We didn't agree on the price until 4pm on the last day of the month, and I had to take the delivery on the same day.

​​​​​​Just make sure you have your fund/loan ready, be persistent, and you will find the right deal at some point. Good luck.
Old 05-20-21, 12:19 PM
yoyofish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bamalam

Thanks. The worst part was that I pointed out to the guy we got a RX before for 10% off MSRP and tell him to look it up. The guy just wont budge. I am just gonna ask for different sale person. My state has limited Lexus dealership.

Quick Reply: 2021 RX prices