RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2021 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-21, 05:18 PM
Radesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Comments on this potential deal?

Lexus Rx 350 Premium

MSRP 51110
Dealer price 46526 ($4434 discount)
Fees 1298 (it's Florida- 799 DOC fee and 499 Electronic filing fee, which I want to get subtracted from price)
Taxes 2894
Registration estimate 400
Rebate 2000

OTD 49184 (perhaps 499 less if they waive the EFF)

Its in a color that is not really available (Moonbeam beige metallic)

This was on the express purchase section of a dealer's website.
Old 05-20-21, 05:23 PM
Radesh
Driver School Candidate

Dealerships in South Florida offering anywhere from 4000-4800 discount before the 2000 rebate is even applied. But beware our Florida fees!
Old 05-22-21, 10:23 PM
Radesh
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus RX350 2021

So here is an actual purchase made today

Lexus RX 350 2021 Base Model

MSRP 46670
Dealer discount 2886.03
Private tag fee 60
No dealer fee (Florida purchase- this and one other dealer charge no dealer fee but also do not discount as aggressively as other dealers that add 900-1300 in fees
State tax 2656
Battery and lemon law fee 8.50
Registration 81.85 (transfer of tag- would have been around $400 for new vehicle)
Rebate 2000

OTD price 44590.35

A few tidbits- the vehicle was one of only 3 vehicles in the entire state of Florida with the same MSRP and moonbeam beige metallic color, which my wife loved. The 4th vehicle was sold at the same dealership earlier yesterday AM. I was going to try to hold out until the end of the month, but there was no new similar inventory coming in at any dealer in the state, and there was actually someone else who had contacted the dealership about the vehicle I bought (I also got the OTD price a little lower as the sales manager did not calculate the tax correctly- something I had to point out to her.). This supply chain issue with the microchips is a real mess, leaving many dealerships with no idea when their next allotment of new vehicles will arrive.

I think I could have gotten a lower price by Memorial Day, but I am pretty certain the vehicle I bought (and the dealership is only 7 miles from home) would have sold.

The following users liked this post:
NX200 (05-24-21)
Old 05-23-21, 09:09 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 725 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by Radesh

MSRP 46670
Dealer discount 2886.03
Private tag fee 60
No dealer fee (Florida purchase- this and one other dealer charge no dealer fee but also do not discount as aggressively as other dealers that add 900-1300 in fees
State tax 2656
Registration 81.85 (transfer of tag- would have been around $400 for new vehicle)
Rebate 2000

OTD price 44590.35

A few tidbits- the vehicle was one of only 3 vehicles in the entire state of Florida with the same MSRP and moonbeam beige metallic color, which my wife loved. The 4th vehicle was sold at the same dealership earlier yesterday AM. I was going to try to hold out until the end of the month, but there was no new similar inventory coming in at any dealer in the state, and there was actually someone else who had contacted the dealership about the vehicle I bought (I also got the OTD price a little lower as the sales manager did not calculate the tax correctly- something I had to point out to her.). This supply chain issue with the microchips is a real mess, leaving many dealerships with no idea when their next allotment of new vehicles will arrive.

I think I could have gotten a lower price by Memorial Day, but I am pretty certain the vehicle I bought (and the dealership is only 7 miles from home) would have sold.
Congrats on your new ride. That's a great color! Sounds like you got a fair deal, considering the challenges auto manufacturers are having right now. Welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 05-23-21, 11:14 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

MSRP 46670
Dealer discount 2886.03
Private tag fee 60
State tax 2656
Rebate 2000

OTD price 44590.35

Congratulations on getting the vehicle you wanted. Getting exactly what you want is worth some premium, especially under current circumstances.

Thanks for noting that dealer fees must be included in calculating the actual discount. Too many on this forum report big discounts, then show paying huge fees or, worse yet, neglecting to mention the fees paid. In order to be useful to future buyers, discounts must be reported net of dealer fees.
Old 05-23-21, 01:40 PM
lester123
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Inventory of new RX350's

Considering trading in my 2018 RX for a 2021 RX. I am in south Florida and have looked at 4 dealers via the Internet near me. There is next to no available inventory around - maybe 1-3 RX's at each. Why is there such a low inventory around?
Old 05-24-21, 07:06 AM
ts298
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lester123
Considering trading in my 2018 RX for a 2021 RX. I am in south Florida and have looked at 4 dealers via the Internet near me. There is next to no available inventory around - maybe 1-3 RX's at each. Why is there such a low inventory around?
That's also going on here up in the NE. Almost no F Sports to be found and when you do find one, it's gone within days. I've been look around for F Sports and emailing dealerships for quotes, and they flat-out refuse to negotiate. I finally turned to the Costco program to get a 4.5% discount on an inbound F Sport. I'm worried that the incentives will be poor next month when it arrives, but right now if you want an F Sport you have to pay up and pay up fast. I wish my lease wasn't ending now and I could wait for better conditions.
Old 05-24-21, 08:47 AM
lester123
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ts298
That's also going on here up in the NE. Almost no F Sports to be found and when you do find one, it's gone within days. I've been look around for F Sports and emailing dealerships for quotes, and they flat-out refuse to negotiate. I finally turned to the Costco program to get a 4.5% discount on an inbound F Sport. I'm worried that the incentives will be poor next month when it arrives, but right now if you want an F Sport you have to pay up and pay up fast. I wish my lease wasn't ending now and I could wait for better conditions.
If you have a lease did you know that you can extend the lease by 6 months at the same monthly cost? Any hope that the shortage of RX's will break in a few months and there will then be better inventory and lower monthly costs for a renewal lease?
Old 05-24-21, 10:40 AM
Radesh
Driver School Candidate

Default Inventory of new RX350

From what every dealer has told me, it is due to the shortage of micro chips that are part of each new vehicle. This is affecting almost every manufacturer, and I don’t think anyone really has a good guess as to when this will end.
Old 05-24-21, 12:29 PM
tabletop
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I am new to the forum, we are looking for an rx 450h f sport, new or cpo, what is usually the OTD price for a new one? is it better to just buy a cpo and will have a huge discount over a new one? thanks
Old 05-25-21, 08:37 AM
ts298
Driver School Candidate

If you have a lease did you know that you can extend the lease by 6 months at the same monthly cost? Any hope that the shortage of RX's will break in a few months and there will then be better inventory and lower monthly costs for a renewal lease?
Good tips. But some are saying this may carry on for months!
Old 05-25-21, 09:37 AM
Saranhai
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Same case here on the west coast, I am in Oregon. The Lexus dealer closest to me looks like it has about 30 350s in inventory, but only 3 450h's. My guess would be those 3 are either already reserved or sold. I just bought a RX 450h around this time last month but the stars had to align under a blue moon. I happened to be at the right place at the right time; there was an RX 450h on the lot that was already reserved for somebody, but on the day I visited, they checked out the car and decided they didn't want it anymore, so it was suddenly available. What a day that was lol
jollick (05-25-21)
Old 05-27-21, 08:51 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

From what every dealer has told me, it is due to the shortage of micro chips that are part of each new vehicle. This is affecting almost every manufacturer, and I don’t think anyone really has a good guess as to when this will end.
I thought the shortage did not affect Toyota in general... https://jalopnik.com/toyota-prepared...-di-1846641653
dangit69 (06-06-21)
Old 06-01-21, 03:01 PM
freakink
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by deparko
Just purchased a 2021 Lexus RX 350 13% off MSRP. I purchased it from SouthBay Lexus in Torrance,CA. First time owner. Only have had it for a week but so far extremely happy with the vehicle. Definitely a step up for me.
Can you forward me your salesman's contact? I'm in the LA area and in the market for a rx350
Old 06-02-21, 01:58 AM
Thepoet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ts298
Yeah f sports are hard to find.

Im in the northern NJ market and it's difficult. I am about to settle on a base model but I just had a question, is it possible to upgrade the 8 inch screen to the 12 inch one later on? It's the only thing that bothers me on the base model I'm looking at, it even has a sun roof which I thought was extra.
NX200 (06-02-21)

Quick Reply: 2021 RX prices