RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2021 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-20, 07:38 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by flnsx
Is JM Lexus one of the most aggressive dealers price wise?

I am willing to travel for a great deal.

Also, can you lease from an outside state? I live in Florida.
Just curious but how did you determine this? I assume you got some quotes from a couple dealers in and out of state right?
Old 11-14-20, 08:13 AM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amindu
JM is not aggressive at all, go to another dealer. Their dealer discount was 5-6% and the rest was the rebate. You should be able to negotiate Atleast 10% off before any rebate. Lexus Plus is a joke to benefit only the dealer.
I agree. I just saw JM Lexus is a plus dealer now. They used to have the best prices. Now they are not great.
Old 11-14-20, 09:33 AM
flnsx
Driver

TTL - $350 includes Doc Fee of $150, no other dealer fees.
I did have a trade, and had them match ALGO who gave me the highest offer. Dealer offered more than Carvana and Vroom in their initial quote.
Would you mind sharing the dealer? It looks like they gave you a bit more off of MSRP because of the back end money they were making.

Good deal though! Did you ship it back to Texas or fly and drive it back?
Old 11-14-20, 08:53 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

2021 RX 350 AWD Premium package, 12.3 Nav pkg, lots of extras.
This is exactly the car we wanted.

MSRP 57K
Discount. 4K
Selling price. 53K
Tow hitch 2K
(deal fell thru on prior offer)
Gov't Fees 0.7K
Doc Fees 0.1K
Subtotal 55.8K
Sales Tax 4K
Rebates 2.5K
Another discount. 0.3K
Out the Door. 57.9K
Old 11-15-20, 07:26 AM
Lexus4rx
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I disagree. I can make 7%+ on my money easily. It seems you have not learned this yet. I will finance at a low rate and make my money work better for me in my investments.
Exactly. You never ever pay cash for a car even if you can afford it. Even if interest is 8%+.

Pay 20-30% down, and invest the rest in stocks or a rental property. For example, if you invested $30K in Microsoft stock in 2017, its value would be $80k now. That same 30K invested in the car would be worth 20K because a used car devalues over time. A decision that cost you $60K, which is the price of a new RX.

A car is a depreciating asset. Typically Lexus holds value well, but almost 5K depreciation each year. That's why I always buy lease-end cause new models take more than 5K/year depreciation.

Last edited by Lexus4rx; 11-15-20 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-15-20, 12:25 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4rx
Exactly. You never ever pay cash for a car even if you can afford it. Even if interest is 8%+.

Pay 20-30% down, and invest the rest in stocks or a rental property. For example, if you invested $30K in Microsoft stock in 2017, its value would be $80k now. That same 30K invested in the car would be worth 20K because a used car devalues over time. A decision that cost you $60K, which is the price of a new RX.

A car is a depreciating asset. Typically Lexus holds value well, but almost 5K depreciation each year. That's why I always buy lease-end cause new models take more than 5K/year depreciation.
We were offered $2500 off sticker price OR 0% financing, but not both. They took another 4K off the sticker price because that's what they do for everyone. Something to do with dealer invoice. At the last minute they took another $250 because I asked them to round down the numbers. Lexus of Sacramento. Nice people. No haggle, no hassle, no problems in the "finance office". I would go back there. I am not affiliated with them in any way.
Old 11-15-20, 05:16 PM
amindu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would you mind sharing the dealer? It looks like they gave you a bit more off of MSRP because of the back end money they were making.

Good deal though! Did you ship it back to Texas or fly and drive it back?
Park Place Lexus Plano. There was no shipping as they are my local dealer.
Old 11-15-20, 06:10 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 411 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4rx

We have completely different views on building wealth. Obviously there is more than one way, but every PAW I know did it with no debt. I do agree with buying used vehicles.
(Confession: as noted in my signature, I drive a 2020 RX purchased new, with cash. It was a retirement gift to myself. Having driven company cars for 37 years, it is only the second car I've bought for myself in my life. The 1979 Honda Accord was purchased used, with a loan. Experience has taught me a lot in the intervening years... )

This is a good topic. So as not to hijack the pricing thread, though, I'll put my complete comments in a Car Chat thread.
Old 11-16-20, 07:54 AM
flnsx
Driver

Thanks for the info! I sent you a PM. Would you mind sharing the name of your Salesperson via PM with me? Thanks!
Old 11-16-20, 04:11 PM
DigitalMan
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

What is the best place to find out the invoice cost of all options and accessories? I've been using costcoauto.com and they have the invoice prices for most of the car but they don't have it for the accessories such as floor mats, etc.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-20, 08:28 PM
flnsx
Driver

I called Park Place Lexus and the salesperson I spoke with Richard Spotts wouldn't even match a 10% off MSRP deal + 1500 lease incentive. Waste of my time.

I have a couple offers for 12% off MSRP then the incentive on top of that from Atlanta dealers.
The following users liked this post:
kewhite (02-09-21)
Old 11-17-20, 09:53 AM
DigitalMan
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Special Ordering

I've put together the list of packages and options I want on a '21 Rx 450hL. I'm finding a particular combination of options impossible to find around the US in dealer inventory. I want the Mark Levinson audio/navigation and the Color Heads Up Display but I want the Nulux seats instead of the real leather seats to avoid the upkeep that may be necessary with leather. What I've found is that you have to get the Luxury package which has the leather seats in order to get Mark Levinson and Color Heads Up Display. So I think I'm looking at a special order. However, I'm getting mixed messages from dealers on whether I can even special order this combination of options. Has anyone special ordered this combination? If so, which model year?

Also, for those of you that have special ordered, how did the special order process work for you? Was your purchase price set when you ordered or received it? Were you able to negotiate a discount from MSRP?

Thanks.
Old 11-17-20, 11:20 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

DigitaMan. The Luxury package has semi-aniline leather. Below is from https://www.signatureleather.com/blo...ral%20markings.

Semi-aniline leather is produced through a very similar process to full-aniline, but has a thin protective top coat added to protect it from wear and staining. Like anilineleather, it is often manufactured from better-quality hides with fewer natural markings.

After driving my 2013 for 7 years they were almost like new. I used a leather cleaner only 3 or 4 times. I had the parchment interior.
Old 11-19-20, 08:12 PM
flnsx
Driver

Default Deal Check

How does this deal look? It took me a couple days to get them to this price point.

Last edited by flnsx; 11-22-20 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-20-20, 06:42 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 201 Posts

The rule of thumb that I use is that the monthly lease payment (including whatever was put down divided by the number of months in the lease) should not exceed 1% of the price of the vehicle. That said, get a quote from at least one other Lexus store.

Quick Reply: 2021 RX prices