RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX350 - Heated Seats too Hot

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-20 | 11:52 AM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by PeeVee
Ok I see, just another interface for the same thing.
I may have good news!!
Went out for a drive and went into the system, Set-up; Vehicle setting; A/C (Climate Control) and there I found a -/+ for R & L seats temperature. Mine was set in the middle so I've raised to the Max and we'll see what happens.
There are so many settings to remember in these @#$% electronics that they make me long for the buttons!
Old 12-09-20 | 05:39 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cocal
I may have good news!!
Went out for a drive and went into the system, Set-up; Vehicle setting; A/C (Climate Control) and there I found a -/+ for R & L seats temperature. Mine was set in the middle so I've raised to the Max and we'll see what happens.
There are so many settings to remember in these @#$% electronics that they make me long for the buttons!
that's the adjustment for the automatic seat temp setting.
we had this conversation about 6 posts up
Old 12-10-20 | 08:36 AM
Cocal
Racer

Well I thought I could give good news on the heated seats, but not so!
The change I made in settings I hoped would have given me warmer seats, but instead that change gives you a longer time period on the 3rd (highest) setting before it goes down to 2, but better than it was.
So a slight improvement was obtained.
Old 12-10-20 | 01:26 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

No it won't work. I challenged this assertion, but Toyotaman7 hasn't replied.
You cannot adjust the temperature, but only if you want 1 or 2 or 3 level and you can do that directly from the console.
Cocal: The setting in Media screen allows for seat temperature adjustment, while in Auto. The issue mentioned here was that the seat gets too hot. You can reduce temperature by reducing the heat setting for driver or passenger seats to alleviate this issue.

My settings are always on Auto and by increasing it, it did in fact also make it warmer. These heaters are not as hot as in some other Toyota/Lexus vehicles, but increasing the setting made it slightly better. The Steering heater is even worse.

There is also a TSB to address the issue with insufficient heat. I am not sure how effective that is though. I had it done and did not notice that much difference.
The following users liked this post:
Cocal (12-10-20)
Old 01-05-21 | 06:59 AM
Sherry314
Driver School Candidate

That TSB doesn't address the heat level settings, but only an imbalance between the driver's & the passender's side.
My driver seat would get extremely hot regardless of the setting for the heat level. The passenger seat would get warm but not hot like the driver seat. The driver heated seat function was basically useless after a minute because it was too hot to be comfortable. I took the car to the dealer for repair and they told me it was a known issue and covered the replacement of both seat heaters under warranty. Since the replacement, both seat heaters work great, just like they did when the car was new.
Old 01-05-21 | 08:22 AM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by Sherry314
I took the car to the dealer for repair and they told me it was a known issue and covered the replacement of both seat heaters under warranty. Since the replacement, both seat heaters work great, just like they did when the car was new.
Am I to infer that the heated seat worked OK in the beginning and then suddenly it was too hot and could not be adjusted?
Mine NEVER gets beyond warm!
Sherry314 (09-10-22)
Old 01-05-21 | 08:29 AM
teknoprep
8th Gear

That's great info, thank you!

Was your car still under warranty? Mine is just out of warranty, so not sure if they'll cover or charge me. Did your sheet have an estimated cost?
Old 01-15-21 | 08:47 AM
DigitalMan
Rookie

My driver's side seat warmer is usually hotter on auto than I would prefer on my 2020 RX450hL. I'll check out the settings mentioned to see if that helps.

However, I have noticed that the seat warmer temperature on auto seems to vary with the main AC/heat temperature that the driver or passenger selects. If I set it to 74F, it picks the 3 LED/high setting. If I set it to 72F, it picks the 2 LED/medium setting.

Old 01-15-21 | 08:55 AM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by DigitalMan
My driver's side seat warmer is usually hotter on auto than I would prefer on my 2020 RX450hL. I'll check out the settings mentioned to see if that helps.
However, I have noticed that the seat warmer temperature on auto seems to vary with the main AC/heat temperature that the driver or passenger selects. If I set it to 74F, it picks the 3 LED/high setting. If I set it to 72F, it picks the 2 LED/medium setting.
That's right they work together when in Auto.
Old 01-18-21 | 06:33 AM
Dean330
Driver School Candidate

Sherry314. Any chance you have a part number of the replacement? I have the same issue with my RX350. Heater worked great until about 6 months ago and now just gets extremely hot.
RCA350 (01-18-21)
Old 11-18-22 | 10:19 AM
Nsmith297
2nd gear

Originally Posted by teknoprep
I have a used 2016 RX350 and just started using the heated seat function. I set it to 1 bar (lowest setting), and after a couple of minutes it gets SMOKING hot. To the point I have to turn it off otherwise it's very uncomfortable. If I leave it on, it will eventually turn off, then after a while cycle back on at full blast, again being very HOT, then turn off again.

My other car is a Tesla Model Y, and when I set it to low it just turns slightly warm then stays constant at that temp.

Is this the way the heated seats in the Lexus work? HOT, off, HOT, off? Or do I have a defective heating element? I even tried the Auto setting and it does the same thing.
Hi teknoprep, I have the same year Lexus RX350 with the exact same seat heatting issue (it's either super hot, or off). Were you able to resolve your issue and how ?
Old 11-18-22 | 10:31 AM
Nsmith297
2nd gear

Sherry314, I'm having the exact same issue on my Lexus RX350 2016. The seat heat is either too hot, or off. Did you get yours fixed?
Old 12-24-22 | 11:39 AM
ewkid
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have any information on which replacement part is needed or what this should cost to repair at the dealer? Anyone attempt to fix it themselves?
Old 12-26-22 | 08:48 AM
Lexypoo25
Driver

This is interesting. I have a ‘22 RX and I feel like the heated seats are sort of weak. I usually have it on the third setting (it’s pretty cold here right now) and it takes some time to get warm but never hot to the point of being uncomfortable. The third setting of heated seats on my Acura RDX would light my behind on fire.
Old 12-26-22 | 09:17 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

There is a TSB on fixing the heated seat issue. It is a very lengthy process and can be costly though, if not under warranty.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX350 - Heated Seats too Hot