RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-22 | 07:55 AM
JohnnySack
Rookie

Originally Posted by lgb0250
There was one poster recently that said he got a huge discount but no confirmation from anyone here. He did list the dealership but nobody has come back with follow up info. Would have been better is he had listed the exact salesperson because I personally doubt the authenticity of the claim. I think pretty much anyone here will agree that MSRP with no crazy adds like Nitrogen in the tires is a decent deal currently. We may see some give when the 23’s actually come out but not until 5hen IMO. I bought my 2019 when the 20’s were released and got $10K off but when I contacted my dealership recently they just laughed, not unkindly and said not in 5his market. I told 5hem to call me when 5hey are ready to deal again. I’m not holding my breath. Read an article just yesterday where they were talking about the chip shortage not easing until later next year and used vehicle pricing is not expected to drop drastically until new inventory is readily available.
I think that post was accurate. DM'ed for additional details and he was kind enough to provide more info. (Idk if he wants me to say more.)

The auto market is definitely turning.

Albeit, more gradually for Lexus
Old 08-21-22 | 08:44 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JohnnySack
I think that post was accurate. DM'ed for additional details and he was kind enough to provide more info. (Idk if he wants me to say more.)

The auto market is definitely turning.

Albeit, more gradually for Lexus
Maybe “doubt” was too strong of a word but I do find it interesting 5hat nobody has reported back that 5hey contacted 5hat dealer and were able to get the same kind of deal. We’re you able to get that kind of deal from the same dealer? The used vehicle market is indeed starting to soften but we are definitely a long way off from any fire sales. Everyone needs to know that the dealers control the used vehicle market the same way they control 5he new vehicle market. Lease turn ins and rental car inventory used to be major influencers of auction prices. Not nearly as much anymore. The chip shortage is going to have to ease dramatically before we see mass fleet turn ins and dealers and owners not keeping individual lease turn ins. Personally I think we will see a slow decline over the next year two to keep the used market from collapsing.
The following users liked this post:
brook41 (08-21-22)
Old 08-21-22 | 10:22 AM
ravenuer
Racer

lgb: you keep hitting the "5" instead of the "t"!
Old 08-21-22 | 11:11 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ravenuer
lgb: you keep hitting the "5" instead of the "t"!
LOL. Using my iPad with these stubby fingers of mine! The “t” and “5” are the same key on the keyboard I am using. On the keyboard if I pull down I get the 5 in place of the t. Must be the angle I’m attacking at! Will try and improve.
ravenuer (08-21-22)
Old 08-21-22 | 01:17 PM
azmojo
Instructor

FWIW, The dealer charge me 2k to L-certify a car I bought no too long ago.
Old 08-21-22 | 02:36 PM
JohnnySack
Rookie

BTW, I'm getting some dealers contacting me now to discuss some below msrp pricing for cars on the lot (but not if I have to order/allocate). This is for the 350 and L.
Old 08-22-22 | 06:32 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnnySack
Thanks for talking sense to me lol. Anyone else having any luck getting below MSRP?
yes. I can get between $4-6k off msrp on an RX 350. In January of this year, my special ordered ES350 Ultra Lux., I paid $47,800 with an msrp of $54,869.
Old 08-22-22 | 06:45 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by lgb0250
I think pretty much anyone here will agree that MSRP with no crazy adds like Nitrogen in the tires is a decent deal currently.

I bought my 2019 when the 20’s were released and got $10K off but when I contacted my dealership recently they just laughed, not unkindly and said not in 5his market. I told 5hem to call me when 5hey are ready to deal again. I’m not holding my breath. Read an article just yesterday where they were talking about the chip shortage not easing until later next year and used vehicle pricing is not expected to drop drastically until new inventory is readily available.
I would agree with that assessment. MSRP in many places is the best some can expect. There are a few dealers that are willing or even advertise discounts, albeit $500-1000 at most. Chip shortages, production issues, and transportation issues continue to be an issue. Along with an issue getting parts for the Mark Levinson sound system right now which has caused many Luxury RXs to have their build dates pushed back.
Old 08-23-22 | 02:18 PM
nesh
Rookie

I see RX 350 discounted 2k from MSRP already. 450h is not because of the "gas savings"
Old 08-24-22 | 06:21 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by nesh
I see RX 350 discounted 2k from MSRP already. 450h is not because of the "gas savings"
Is that part of the Golden Opportunity Sales Event?
Old 08-24-22 | 09:04 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by azmojo
Is that part of the Golden Opportunity Sales Event?
Incentives are zone based. In the SE region we currently have $1000-$1500 lease cash available under yhe Golden opportunity event. No other rebates other than the standard college grad and military rebates
Old 08-26-22 | 08:39 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Default Being built

Dealer sent me this today...So is it like 3 weeks for those that had one built? Anyone know when they have or will stop production to re tool for new 2023 model?
Old 08-27-22 | 09:31 AM
DeeDeeRX
Driver School Candidate

The local dealers in VA and D.C. are selling 4,500 above MRSP for a 450L as a ‘market condition’ AND they are adding over 4K in dealer installed options. Which is obviously 9K above MRSP.

anyine else experiencing this as well? It seems like a total rip-off and with interest rates rising, you would think the prices would start to drop or that I least have some bargaining power? Should I look at a non hybrid RX? I really want the 6 banger before they stop making it. Then when I am ready in 10 years, a full EV.

I currently have a rx350 third gen with low miles and well maintained. I want to keep and pick up a hybrid. I just don’t want to be gouged in price.
UltraLux22 (08-27-22)
Old 08-27-22 | 09:49 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX
The local dealers in VA and D.C. are selling 4,500 above MRSP for a 450L as a ‘market condition’ AND they are adding over 4K in dealer installed options. Which is obviously 9K above MRSP.

anyine else experiencing this as well? It seems like a total rip-off and with interest rates rising, you would think the prices would start to drop or that I least have some bargaining power? Should I look at a non hybrid RX? I really want the 6 banger before they stop making it. Then when I am ready in 10 years, a full EV.

I currently have a rx350 third gen with low miles and well maintained. I want to keep and pick up a hybrid. I just don’t want to be gouged in price.
You're going to have to shop around. I understand the hybrids are in extra high demand, so you will have to cope with that.
UltraLux22 (08-27-22)
Old 08-27-22 | 12:27 PM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX

i noticed the same thing with the Toyota dealers in your area when I was looking for my Camry. They all had a $5000 “Market Adjustment” on their vehicles. I ended up buying one in MD. No addendum and no dealer add ons. Used uShip to ship it and still saved a ton of money. I never saw the vehicle until it was delivered. All the paperwork was done via FedEx.if you are flexible there are deals out there at MSRP. Prices have not dropped by much yet because the chip shortage still hasn’t been resolved and probably won’t be until the end of next year. Here’s a dealer in Greensboro, NC. Looks like they are selling at MSRP. I haven’t confirmed but you can if interested. Looks like they have 6 of the 450h/450hl coming in. https://www.flowlexusofgreensboro.co...del=RX%20450hL
The following 2 users liked this post by lgb0250:
jollick (08-28-22), UltraLux22 (08-27-22)

Quick Reply: Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h