RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-22 | 12:35 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX
The local dealers in VA and D.C. are selling 4,500 above MRSP for a 450L as a ‘market condition’ AND they are adding over 4K in dealer installed options. Which is obviously 9K above MRSP.

anyine else experiencing this as well? It seems like a total rip-off and with interest rates rising, you would think the prices would start to drop or that I least have some bargaining power? Should I look at a non hybrid RX? I really want the 6 banger before they stop making it. Then when I am ready in 10 years, a full EV.

I currently have a rx350 third gen with low miles and well maintained. I want to keep and pick up a hybrid. I just don’t want to be gouged in price.
Your best chance to find more "reasonable" pricing is going to be on Base 350's. Premium packages will be more readily available. There is an issue getting parts for the Mark Levinson sound system right now so many Luxury RXs have had their build dates pushed back. Hybrids and L's are going to be harder to find better deals. A 450L is going to be a struggle but you've already mentioned the extreme pricing. You will also likely have to search well outside of your area. Don't rely on websites for accuracy on inventory as most are likely already pre-sold.
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
brook41 (08-30-22), DeeDeeRX (09-02-22)
Old 08-27-22 | 06:38 PM
brook41
Pit Crew

JM Lexus a very large dealer has 2 in stock, they are located in Floridahttps://www.jmlexus.com/searchnew.as...&st=Price+desc
The following users liked this post:
jollick (08-28-22)
Old 08-30-22 | 06:18 AM
JohnnySack
Rookie

For those in the DMV area, just purchased a 2022 RX350L for below sticker. PM for details.
Old 08-30-22 | 11:21 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JohnnySack
For those in the DMV area, just purchased a 2022 RX350L for below sticker. PM for details.
why not just share the details with the forum? This thread is for info on the purchase price of the 2022 RX350/RX450h to be discussed, not on a PM basis but open so we can all see it.
The following 4 users liked this post by lgb0250:
brook41 (08-30-22), dmandrsn (10-10-22), jimbosr1 (08-30-22), jollick (08-30-22)
Old 08-30-22 | 02:05 PM
JohnnySack
Rookie

Originally Posted by lgb0250
why not just share the details with the forum? This thread is for info on the purchase price of the 2022 RX350/RX450h to be discussed, not on a PM basis but open so we can all see it.
Idk if the salesperson want their name on a public forum. Also don't want to dox myself. I know dealers peruse these forums.

I'm fine with other details. Was able to get $2k+ below msrp on RX350l. I don't think the L version is as popular so there may be more deals to be had. Little wiggle roome with hybrids.
Old 09-01-22 | 07:28 PM
mike995134
Driver

Agreed … but deals can be had … nevertheless, ymmv.

We bought our’22 RXL AWD for $2,000 below MSRP … that included the $1,000 military discount and another $1,000 “frequent flyer” discount, and he also deleted the almost $1,000 in added dealer markups for tint, nitrogen, blah-blah-blah. We’ve purchased four vehicles from this dealer so he says he considers us one of his “frequent-flyers”. 😬🙄🙄.

So the net-net-net OTD was MSRP -$2,000 + tax + doc fee + license..

Given the market conditions I was happy with this.
Old 09-02-22 | 01:45 AM
DeeDeeRX
Driver School Candidate

So I have decided to ditch the idea of a hybrid model and go for the base RX as I really want the V6. I do not want a turbo 4. I would purchase a Toyota or a VW if that’s what I wanted. Plus I am hesitant with the first version of a new system (gen 5).

That being said, I contacted a dealer in an adjacent state about a 2022 with the package I want and was I was told by the dealer that Lexus is NOT allowing out of state sales atm for new vehicles. So I am now looking at other larger dealers within my state for a base RX. Seems that I can get a much better deal on a base RX.

thanks for the replies.
Old 09-02-22 | 01:53 AM
DeeDeeRX
Driver School Candidate

Would not sell to me when I said I lived in VA
Old 09-02-22 | 02:40 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Would not sell to me when I said I lived in VA
Lexus doesn’t care where you live when you buy a vehicle. That’s just that particular dealers way of dealing with situations they would rather not have too. I ran up against this when shopping using the Costco auto service from numerous dealers when trying to buy my Toyota. To get around what Costco would allow them to charge for they just came up with we don’t sell to out of state buyers crap. Besides, they want to sell to locals so they can make the service money. But it’s not Lexus telling them that. I would never buy a vehicle in VA. Almost all the dealers there were tacking on $5k or more as a “market adjustment”. Just a bunch of opportunist. Keep moving your search area out further or pay what the dealers want in VA. Your options are limited if you are determined to get a new V6.

Last edited by lgb0250; 09-02-22 at 02:45 AM.
UltraLux22 (09-02-22)
Old 09-02-22 | 02:48 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by lgb0250
Lexus doesn’t care where you live when you buy a vehicle. That’s just that particular dealers way of dealing with situations they would rather not have too. I ran up against this when shopping using the Costco auto service from numerous dealers when trying to buy my Toyota. To get around what Costco would allow them to charge for they just came up with we don’t sell to out of state buyers crap. Besides, they want to sell to locals so they can make the service money. But it’s not Lexus telling them that.
Exactly! It’s that local dealer that is choosing not to sell. Its almost like they are doing you a favor because would you really want to do business with them if they are pulling that crap! I wouldn’t!
DeeDeeRX (09-05-22)
Old 09-02-22 | 06:31 AM
Lexypoo25
Driver

So I have decided to ditch the idea of a hybrid model and go for the base RX as I really want the V6. I do not want a turbo 4. I would purchase a Toyota or a VW if that’s what I wanted. Plus I am hesitant with the first version of a new system (gen 5).

That being said, I contacted a dealer in an adjacent state about a 2022 with the package I want and was I was told by the dealer that Lexus is NOT allowing out of state sales atm for new vehicles. So I am now looking at other larger dealers within my state for a base RX. Seems that I can get a much better deal on a base RX.

thanks for the replies.
check out leasehackr. They also have some discounts off msrp
Old 09-02-22 | 07:08 AM
ravenuer
Racer

So I have decided to ditch the idea of a hybrid model and go for the base RX as I really want the V6. I do not want a turbo 4. I would purchase a Toyota or a VW if that’s what I wanted. Plus I am hesitant with the first version of a new system (gen 5).That being said, I contacted a dealer in an adjacent state about a 2022 with the package I want and was I was told by the dealer that Lexus is NOT allowing out of state sales atm for new vehicles. So I am now looking at other larger dealers within my state for a base RX. Seems that I can get a much better deal on a base RX.
thanks for the replies.
I'm pretty sure all you need to buy a Lexus out of state is $$$$$$$$$$ ! That's baloney.
The following 2 users liked this post by ravenuer:
DeeDeeRX (09-05-22), lgb0250 (09-02-22)
Old 09-02-22 | 08:41 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

So I have decided to ditch the idea of a hybrid model and go for the base RX as I really want the V6.
Just to clarify, the current Gen 4 hybrid has a V-6.
Old 09-03-22 | 12:20 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

So I reached out to my Lexus contact and inquired as to the out of state purchasing. As expected, it is primarily a dealership level decision. Here is my communication and then their response.

ME-
Good Morning *****!

Is Lexus not allowing out of state purchases?

The person that I mentioned was looking for an RX L stated that when they tried to find one with their local dealer before checking with me they tried contacting an out of state dealer and they were told that Lexus was not allowing out of state purchases. I just wanted to confirm so that I do not misinform them about their chances with your dealership. Thanks ***** for all of your help. Take care.

Them-
Good Morning ****!

Many dealers are choosing not to sell their inventory out of state at this time due to inventory shortages. Dealers want to know that the limited number of units that they do sell will be serviced locally, or at the very least drive traffic to their own dealership. There are some models that I will not allow to be sold out of state as well. For instance, it does us no good to sell an LX600 or NX hybrid out of state. These guests will likely not return to buy another vehicle here and anyone who sees them driving their new vehicle will likely go to their local dealer to shop.

At this time I have no incoming RX/RXh vehicles with the luxury package. All of these units are still being held at the production centers due to issues in manufacturing (primarily the Mark Levinson sound system).

They still cannot give me any estimate on the fix for this either, which makes things incredibly frustrating.

That said, I hope to have some soon so I will keep you posted!

Thank you, ****!
Old 09-03-22 | 12:45 PM
ravenuer
Racer

So it's not "Lexus" that won't allow out-of-state sales, but the (slimey) dealers. Figures.

Quick Reply: Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h