RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-22 | 12:54 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by ravenuer
So it's not "Lexus" that won't allow out-of-state sales, but the (slimey) dealers. Figures.
Well, I understand especially on less common models as long as a dealer is being straightforward. I may not like it but I get it. I think it says a lot about the dealer that passes the buck on to Lexus as a way to make themselves not "look" like the bad guy.
Old 09-03-22 | 01:00 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX
So I have decided to ditch the idea of a hybrid model and go for the base RX as I really want the V6. I do not want a turbo 4. I would purchase a Toyota or a VW if that’s what I wanted. Plus I am hesitant with the first version of a new system (gen 5).

That being said, I contacted a dealer in an adjacent state about a 2022 with the package I want and was I was told by the dealer that Lexus is NOT allowing out of state sales atm for new vehicles. So I am now looking at other larger dealers within my state for a base RX. Seems that I can get a much better deal on a base RX.

thanks for the replies.
That's BS. I have bought several Lexus from CA and had them shipped. Some dealers just don't like or don't want non-local customers. It's kind of shocking how many dealers, in response to an Internet query, will still insist that you come down to their store to talk terms with you. I suspect these are the old school high pressure dealers you don't want to do business with anyway.

As far as having a first model year, I wouldn't worry about that from Lexus. Their track record is pretty good AFAIK with new models.
Old 09-03-22 | 01:12 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
So I reached out to my Lexus contact and inquired as to the out of state purchasing. As expected, it is primarily a dealership level decision. Here is my communication and then their response.

ME-
Good Morning *****!

Is Lexus not allowing out of state purchases?

The person that I mentioned was looking for an RX L stated that when they tried to find one with their local dealer before checking with me they tried contacting an out of state dealer and they were told that Lexus was not allowing out of state purchases. I just wanted to confirm so that I do not misinform them about their chances with your dealership. Thanks ***** for all of your help. Take care.

Them-
Good Morning ****!

Many dealers are choosing not to sell their inventory out of state at this time due to inventory shortages. Dealers want to know that the limited number of units that they do sell will be serviced locally, or at the very least drive traffic to their own dealership. There are some models that I will not allow to be sold out of state as well. For instance, it does us no good to sell an LX600 or NX hybrid out of state. These guests will likely not return to buy another vehicle here and anyone who sees them driving their new vehicle will likely go to their local dealer to shop.

At this time I have no incoming RX/RXh vehicles with the luxury package. All of these units are still being held at the production centers due to issues in manufacturing (primarily the Mark Levinson sound system).

They still cannot give me any estimate on the fix for this either, which makes things incredibly frustrating.

That said, I hope to have some soon so I will keep you posted!

Thank you, ****!
I live in Missouri, bought my RXh online from a dealer in Kansas, hes delivering it to me and all his cars are loaded, has the luxury pkg..and the Mark Levinston pkg ss well. Has been built and on a train now.
The following users liked this post:
jollick (09-04-22)
Old 09-03-22 | 01:21 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
I live in Missouri, bought my RXh online from a dealer in Kansas, hes delivering it to me and all his cars are loaded, has the luxury pkg..and the Mark Levinston pkg ss well. Has been built and on a train now.
That's great! Sounds like you found a more receptive dealer who has the inventory. The ML issue is a more recent issue. Keep in mind Lexus is still playing catch up fulfilling dealer orders so supply will diminish without being replenished as quickly. Again, it's dealers choice not a Lexus decision, on the out of state situation.

RE: the ML issue, it's not like every RX is impacted. It's more about most recent and future dealer orders that are impacted. Dealer's would have had unimpacted models in their pipeline already so take that into consideration.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 09-03-22 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-03-22 | 03:09 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

That's great! Sounds like you found a more receptive dealer who has the inventory. The ML issue is a more recent issue. Keep in mind Lexus is still playing catch up fulfilling dealer orders so supply will diminish without being replenished as quickly. Again, it's dealers choice not a Lexus decision, on the out of state situation.

RE: the ML issue, it's not like every RX is impacted. It's more about most recent and future dealer orders that are impacted. Dealer's would have had unimpacted models in their pipeline already so take that into consideration.
He did tell me today that the Mgr told him that some of their cars are on hold from the factory(mine wasnt one) and arent being shipped, but he didnt know or didnt say why. So maybe thats why
Old 09-03-22 | 07:54 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX
So I have decided to ditch the idea of a hybrid model and go for the base RX as I really want the V6. I do not want a turbo 4. I would purchase a Toyota or a VW if that’s what I wanted. Plus I am hesitant with the first version of a new system (gen 5).

That being said, I contacted a dealer in an adjacent state about a 2022 with the package I want and was I was told by the dealer that Lexus is NOT allowing out of state sales atm for new vehicles. So I am now looking at other larger dealers within my state for a base RX. Seems that I can get a much better deal on a base RX.

thanks for the replies.
My dealer/contact has committed to sell the more common models to out-of-state customers. The only restrictions would be on the more rare or less common models.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 09-03-22 at 10:52 PM.
DeeDeeRX (09-05-22)
Old 09-05-22 | 04:43 AM
DeeDeeRX
Driver School Candidate

Yes, TechNut. Thank you, I am aware. The dealers in VA are adding $4,500 based on ‘market value’ demand to the 450L above MRSP plus a lot of ‘vendor installed’ options which is bringing the price over 9K above MRSP. Which is ridiculous. But after talking to my Uncle who works for a Ford dealer and other research - this appears to be more than just Lexus as the hybrid market has such high demand atm and many are pre-ordering and waiting more than a year. I really want to stick with Lexus. Of all the cars I have owned, it has had the best reliability and I plan to keep my current low mile 3rd gen RX.

Last edited by DeeDeeRX; 09-05-22 at 04:52 AM.
jollick (09-05-22)
Old 09-05-22 | 07:06 PM
reachbp
2nd gear

Booked a RX350 in San Jose today. for 52.6K. (1K below msrp)
Has a bunch of options installed. I've attached the factory sticker. Sounds like a good buy?

Old 09-05-22 | 07:19 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by reachbp
Has a bunch of options installed. I've attached the factory sticker. Sounds like a good buy?
I'm also local area the Bay Area.

For the San Jose area, it isn't bad for $1K off MSRP. Many vehicles are selling for $5-$10K or more in the area. I can find 2 other dealers at MSRP for Lexus but not sure how many will sell below MSRP though.
Old 09-05-22 | 07:36 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

It depends on if you are satisfied with the options and discount. This is a pretty barebones RX. But that is my opinion. I've gotten used to certain features and equipment and nothing less would be acceptable for me. I would require panoramic 360 camera, heads up display, Mark Levinson audio, dual thigh support seat cushion extenders, and luxury package to name a few of the options. But considering inventory limits and discounts not always being available this may be a great buy for you. The region is also a major consideration. You are the only one that can truly decide if this is a good buy. If you were leasing, I would only do 30 months and consider adding MSD's which would significantly improve your rate but if you are financing that wouldn't matter. It really is very subjective. In terms of a $1K discount, if there are no add-ons and it's not the rebate then I'd say it's better than average. Keep in mind that a rebate is not a discount from the dealer. A rebate is from the manufacturer and doesn't impact the dealers bottom line. If you are getting a $1k discount and any rebates on top, then it's a decent deal.

Here are some things most people don't realize. First, while the rebate does in fact come off the selling price of the vehicle, the dealership is fully reimbursed by the manufacturer for the total amount of the rebate. So the rebate does not involve any kind of financial loss for the dealership. A rebate is not the same as a discount. A discount is a cut in price that comes directly out of the dealer's pocket and is not reimbursed by the manufacturer. Often, especially in this market, discounts are far less than rebates, and do represent a loss for the dealership.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 09-06-22 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-06-22 | 03:14 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

As long as you are happy is all that matters. This has the Premium package and the next step up to the luxury package would bring another $10K boost in price. Any price below MSRP is decent right now but like what has already been mentioned, don’t get a discount confused with a rebate. Most regions only have two rebates right now, both $1k. The college grad rebate and the military rebate.There is also $1500 lease cash available but I myself would touch a lease. There are far too many ways to get taken on a lease with everything from the money factor to the residual being negotiable. People that leased 3 yrs ago are making out great but I doubt that will be the case on new leases.
Old 09-06-22 | 04:30 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by lgb0250
There is also $1500 lease cash available but I myself would touch a lease. There are far too many ways to get taken on a lease with everything from the money factor to the residual being negotiable. People that leased 3 yrs ago are making out great but I doubt that will be the case on new leases.
Lease terms have not been great for a while now that is true. However, right now the RX 350 Base, with Prem., or Lux pkg has the best lease terms of just about any model in Lexus lineup that I've checked. The RX 350 F-sport is even better. However 450's and 350L/450L's are not doing well. The best term is 30 months and if you are able to put up MSD's then you can get the MF down and get a decent rate right now. It's only the 350's though. There are ways to get taken anytime you go to a dealer without doing your homework and being prepared. Lease's are no exception but they consistently get a bad rep but yet so many continue to do them. They can be complicated so do your research or have someone well-versed in the process help you. Residual values are set by the company that is financing the lease, not the dealer. They are rarely negotiable. This post is not going down the leasing vs. financing/buying rabbit hole. YMMV and likely will.

You are absolutely right about leases from 2-3 years ago. I'm one of those people that made out VERY well on 2 leases during that time. Bottom line, do your own research be prepared and don't step foot into a dealership until you have your deal negotiated. I only go to a dealership for 3 reasons: 1 Vehicle service, 2, Test drive only, 3 To sign the deal.

For example, I have a new lease deal on a $63k RX @ approx. $650/mo for 30mo $0 DAS. It's approximately $50 less per month than my '22 $54k ES Ultra Lux. New programs come out tomorrow so rates will likely change. We shall see.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 09-06-22 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-06-22 | 04:59 AM
geogirl
10th Gear

Lease terms have not been great for a while now that is true. However, right now the RX 350 Base, with Prem., or Lux pkg has the best lease terms of just about any model in Lexus lineup that I've checked. The RX 350 F-sport is even better. However 450's and 350L/450L's are not doing well. The best term is 30 months and if you are able to put up MSD's then you can get the MF down and get a decent rate right now. It's only the 350's though. There are ways to get taken anytime you go to a dealer without doing your homework and being prepared. Lease's are no exception but they consistently get a bad rep but yet so many continue to do them. They can be complicated so do your research or have someone well-versed in the process help you. Residual values are set by the company that is financing the lease, not the dealer. They are rarely negotiable. This post is not going down the leasing vs. financing/buying rabbit hole. YMMV and likely will.

You are absolutely right about leases from 2-3 years ago. I'm one of those people that made out VERY well on 2 leases during that time. Bottom line, do your own research be prepared and don't step foot into a dealership until you have your deal negotiated. I only go to a dealership for 3 reasons: 1 Vehicle service, 2, Test drive only, 3 To sign the deal.

For example, I have a new lease deal on a $63k RX @ approx. $650/mo for 30mo $0 DAS. It's approximately $50 less per month than my '22 $54k ES Ultra Lux. New programs come out tomorrow so rates will likely change. We shall see.
Seriously??!! I have been pricing 2022 FSport Handling with Mark Levinson, HUD, and other goodies (approximately $62k) and I can't get that kind of payment anywhere I have looked. I would jump on it if I could and even have it shipped. I recently sold my SUV so I am without a vehicle at the moment. I am using my retired Mom's vehicle for the time being until I decide what I want.
Old 09-06-22 | 07:24 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

im sure many things have changed since the last lease I negotiated for my business. At that time we negotiated the best deal on the vehicle as if we were paying cash for it. Once we had that price the ALG determined the residual percentage which was subtracted from the purchase price. Now people are like lambs and walk in and just assume MSRP minus the ALG is the best residual they can get. Another great reason why I wouldn’t touch one since the tax laws changed many years ago. Today most people lease because they either don’t want the huge monthly payments a luxury vehicle bring or they want a new vehicle every two or three years. Both which are good reasons, they just don’t fit my needs anymore. I don’t care how much research and how prepared you are there are hidden features of a lease that most people are not privy too. You can go to all the websites you want but if one is not aware of the actual MF buy rate and manufacturer to dealer incentives (not manufacturer to consumer) available one is walking into a hornets nest. Most foreign manufacturers are great at hiding their dealer incentives. But then again, there are always going to be people that get deals that the majority can never replicate and that’s a great thing in a free market system

Old 09-07-22 | 05:20 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

So I reached out to my Lexus contact and inquired as to the out of state purchasing. As expected, it is primarily a dealership level decision. Here is my communication and then their response.

ME-
Good Morning *****!

Is Lexus not allowing out of state purchases?

The person that I mentioned was looking for an RX L stated that when they tried to find one with their local dealer before checking with me they tried contacting an out of state dealer and they were told that Lexus was not allowing out of state purchases. I just wanted to confirm so that I do not misinform them about their chances with your dealership. Thanks ***** for all of your help. Take care.

Them-
Good Morning ****!

Many dealers are choosing not to sell their inventory out of state at this time due to inventory shortages. Dealers want to know that the limited number of units that they do sell will be serviced locally, or at the very least drive traffic to their own dealership. There are some models that I will not allow to be sold out of state as well. For instance, it does us no good to sell an LX600 or NX hybrid out of state. These guests will likely not return to buy another vehicle here and anyone who sees them driving their new vehicle will likely go to their local dealer to shop.

At this time I have no incoming RX/RXh vehicles with the luxury package. All of these units are still being held at the production centers due to issues in manufacturing (primarily the Mark Levinson sound system).

They still cannot give me any estimate on the fix for this either, which makes things incredibly frustrating.

That said, I hope to have some soon so I will keep you posted!

Thank you, ****!
Late to the thread, I'm in SE PA Here's what i experienced.
Ordered a NX450H+ from thompson willow grove in march 2022. car never came. refunded in july. turns out they never shipping to PA per dealership.
8/30/2022 Walked into dealer to meet original sales guy to test drive a F Sport RX350, I hated the non fsport loaner i got. felt fat and sloppy
Ended up looking for a Nebula Grey 350 Fsport Handling with pano, triple beam and ML. All their incoming with ML were delayed for amp shortages regarless of RX model.
was able to get one thats built and at Buffalo port waiting to go to dealership to ship to Thompson.
ETA week of 9/12......This was purchase price of MSRP

Meanwhile as i wait, i forgot that i was not looking at a NX anymore, the NX350H does not come in F Sport trim, but the RXH did.
Monday being labor day, I tell my sales guy i want a RXH F-Sport Handling instead, grumble grumble....within 2 hours i get a email back that order was changed and i now have a Caviar/Circuit RXH Fsport Handling inbound for 9/12 arrival
at MSRP......... Moral of my story, cars are out there and can be bought at MSRP with no markup and at great interest rate. i locked in at 3.49%

NYC Metro including central and north jersey all selling at MSRP+
Philly metro all selling at MSRP
Balt/Wash metro all at MSRP +

I was tempted to fly to Margat Florida to visit the country's largest Lexus dealership JM Lexus to pick up a rx.
240 in stock per website ATM No dealer fees, markup all at MSRP. That was if i couldnt find one locally.
only 2 RXH in stock ATM
The following 2 users liked this post by gshadow325:
lgb0250 (09-07-22), UltraLux22 (09-07-22)

Quick Reply: Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h