RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-22 | 10:16 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by gshadow325
Late to the thread, I'm in SE PA Here's what i experienced.
Ordered a NX450H+ from thompson willow grove in march 2022. car never came. refunded in july. turns out they never shipping to PA per dealership.
8/30/2022 Walked into dealer to meet original sales guy to test drive a F Sport RX350, I hated the non fsport loaner i got. felt fat and sloppy
Ended up looking for a Nebula Grey 350 Fsport Handling with pano, triple beam and ML. All their incoming with ML were delayed for amp shortages regarless of RX model.
was able to get one thats built and at Buffalo port waiting to go to dealership to ship to Thompson.
ETA week of 9/12......This was purchase price of MSRP

Meanwhile as i wait, i forgot that i was not looking at a NX anymore, the NX350H does not come in F Sport trim, but the RXH did.
Monday being labor day, I tell my sales guy i want a RXH F-Sport Handling instead, grumble grumble....within 2 hours i get a email back that order was changed and i now have a Caviar/Circuit RXH Fsport Handling inbound for 9/12 arrival
at MSRP......... Moral of my story, cars are out there and can be bought at MSRP with no markup and at great interest rate. i locked in at 3.49%

NYC Metro including central and north jersey all selling at MSRP+
Philly metro all selling at MSRP
Balt/Wash metro all at MSRP +

I was tempted to fly to Margat Florida to visit the country's largest Lexus dealership JM Lexus to pick up a rx.
240 in stock per website ATM No dealer fees, markup all at MSRP. That was if i couldnt find one locally.
only 2 RXH in stock ATM
That's great that you were able to get the vehicle you wanted. You are exactly right there are auto's out there if you have some patience and search. Being passive when trying to find an auto will not provide great results. You've done well. Sometimes you have to go outside your own market especially if your local is jacking up the price with add-ons and ADM's. Not all dealerships are the same. As of today lease rates for base-premium and luxury package RX 350's are still the same and offering the best lease terms of any lexus product.
Old 09-07-22 | 10:28 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by lgb0250
im sure many things have changed since the last lease I negotiated for my business. At that time we negotiated the best deal on the vehicle as if we were paying cash for it. Once we had that price the ALG determined the residual percentage which was subtracted from the purchase price. Now people are like lambs and walk in and just assume MSRP minus the ALG is the best residual they can get. Another great reason why I wouldn’t touch one since the tax laws changed many years ago. Today most people lease because they either don’t want the huge monthly payments a luxury vehicle bring or they want a new vehicle every two or three years. Both which are good reasons, they just don’t fit my needs anymore. I don’t care how much research and how prepared you are there are hidden features of a lease that most people are not privy too. You can go to all the websites you want but if one is not aware of the actual MF buy rate and manufacturer to dealer incentives (not manufacturer to consumer) available one is walking into a hornets nest. Most foreign manufacturers are great at hiding their dealer incentives. But then again, there are always going to be people that get deals that the majority can never replicate and that’s a great thing in a free market system
If one is not aware of the actual MF and residuals then they have not done their homework. There is nothing that is hidden that can not be informed upon with doing the right amount of homework. I'm not saying you are doing this but the ones that bark the loudest against leasing are often the ones that have no idea of how the process really works. You don't see people bragging about their great financing deals either. Yes leasing isn't as great right now as it has been but neither is financing. Again, I have proven that I can lease vehicles and pay less in 10 years than someone pays in 5 years. And if someone mentions an equity exception, meaning that you don't have equity unless you are financing your vehicle, I would point to the fact that you can lease then purchase your vehicle anytime you want. Just like you can sell it anytime you want. You won't be paying that much difference if you lease then buy your vehicle versus financing it our right. Some people don't want to keep a vehicle beyond 5 or 10 years and have to worry about the potential costs associated with out of warranty problems or not having the latest tech and safety features. Yes financing your vehicle may be the best option if you plan to keep the car for over 10 years or longer but many don't want that. When financing, technically you don't "own" the vehicle until you have paid it off. “Yes, you technically own the car. You’re responsible for taxes, registration, and maintenance. However, you don’t own it “”free and clear,”” which means you no longer owe money on it.
The bank is the lienholder of the loan, which means if you don’t fulfill your obligation to pay the loan, they can repossess it. I'm honestly tired of those that bash leasing or make claims just because of lease bias, when it's usually people that have no idea of how leasing actually works. I will admit it can be challenging trying to understand all of the terms and processes but that's why you educate yourself. if you don't then that's on you. Leasing is not just only beneficial if you have a business and can deduct it. That's a cop out. This will likely cause a flame war but I'm ready because I know what I'm doing and many others don't. It may take more work to understand the leasing process than learning the financing process but that doesn't make it less viable. Again, you obviously have some knowledge of the industry and this post isn't directly pointed towards you but it needs to be said.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 09-07-22 at 12:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Buck6197 (09-07-22)
Old 09-07-22 | 01:49 PM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
If one is not aware of the actual MF and residuals then they have not done their homework. There is nothing that is hidden that can not be informed upon with doing the right amount of homework. I'm not saying you are doing this but the ones that bark the loudest against leasing are often the ones that have no idea of how the process really works. You don't see people bragging about their great financing deals either. Yes leasing isn't as great right now as it has been but neither is financing. Again, I have proven that I can lease vehicles and pay less in 10 years than someone pays in 5 years. And if someone mentions an equity exception, meaning that you don't have equity unless you are financing your vehicle, I would point to the fact that you can lease then purchase your vehicle anytime you want. Just like you can sell it anytime you want. You won't be paying that much difference if you lease then buy your vehicle versus financing it our right. Some people don't want to keep a vehicle beyond 5 or 10 years and have to worry about the potential costs associated with out of warranty problems or not having the latest tech and safety features. Yes financing your vehicle may be the best option if you plan to keep the car for over 10 years or longer but many don't want that. When financing, technically you don't "own" the vehicle until you have paid it off. “Yes, you technically own the car. You’re responsible for taxes, registration, and maintenance. However, you don’t own it “”free and clear,”” which means you no longer owe money on it.
The bank is the lienholder of the loan, which means if you don’t fulfill your obligation to pay the loan, they can repossess it. I'm honestly tired of those that bash leasing or make claims just because of lease bias, when it's usually people that have no idea of how leasing actually works. I will admit it can be challenging trying to understand all of the terms and processes but that's why you educate yourself. if you don't then that's on you. Leasing is not just only beneficial if you have a business and can deduct it. That's a cop out. This will likely cause a flame war but I'm ready because I know what I'm doing and many others don't. It may take more work to understand the leasing process than learning the financing process but that doesn't make it less viable. Again, you obviously have some knowledge of the industry and this post isn't directly pointed towards you but it needs to be said.
You say tomato and I say tamato. Unless you know someone in the Lexus hierarchy you will never know the buy rate on the MF. That’s a fact. You can do all the research you want and come up with what others say they may be paying but that’s what they paid, not what the true MF buy rate is. Yes I understand the leasing game very well since I used to handle them for a large Ford dealer for many years. If one has to finance their interest rate is disclosed to them. It’s their job to figure out if it’s a good rate or not and there are many ways to research the rates. That’s not true on a lease. You can go to a subreddit or other places to find out what others are paying but unless you’ve seen the dealers buy rate sheet it is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Leasing is not for me the same that financing isn’t for me unless their is a rebate dependent on financing and then I do a one pay and am done with it. What’s happened over the last two or three years on buying out leases is a market anomaly that may never happen again. Great for those people that were smart enough to buy their vehicles at lease end but in a normal market pre covid that was not the smartest option at all. Now, I’m returning this to the people here who are tired of reading this junk and let them get back to finding their best deal on a new Lexus. This thread has went way off topic and I’m done with it.

Last edited by lgb0250; 09-07-22 at 01:55 PM.
Buck6197 (09-07-22)
Old 09-07-22 | 02:10 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by lgb0250
You say tomato and I say tamato. Unless you know someone in the Lexus hierarchy you will never know the buy rate on the MF. That’s a fact. You can do all the research you want and come up with what others say they may be paying but that’s what they paid, not what the true MF buy rate is. Yes I understand the leasing game very well since I used to handle them for a large Ford dealer for many years. If one has to finance their interest rate is disclosed to them. It’s their job to figure out if it’s a good rate or not and there are many ways to research the rates. That’s not true on a lease. You can go to a subreddit or other places to find out what others are paying but unless you’ve seen 5he dealers buy rate sheet it is no5hing but smoke and mirrors. Leasing is not for me the same that financing isn’t for me unless their is a rebate dependent on financing and then I do a one pay and am done with it. What’s happened over the last two or three years on buying out leases is a market anomaly that may never happen again. Great for those people that were smart enough to buy their vehicles at lease end but in a normal market pre covid that was not the smartest option at all. Now, I’m returning this to the people here who are tired of reading this junk and let them get back to finding their best deal on a new Lexus. This thread has went way off topic and I’m done with it.
I agree this thread has gone off topic. Your opinion is just as important as mine. I would never reduce your opinions or regard them as junk even if I disagree. I worked for Toyota so I know what I'm talking about. This should be respectful discourse and not an argument. But not in this thread anymore. I can tell you that you have been incorrect on a few points.
1) About finding where you can find MF on vehicles. https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...-prices#latest. Any reputable dealer, especially lexus will disclose to you if you ask. Money Factors are represented on a contract and you can determine the MF on your own if you have the math.
2)That residuals can be negotiated. They aren't, they are set!

So stop making it sound like all dealers are unethical. There are bad ones yes. If a dealer won't tell disclose that info. then you should move on. It's not all smoke and mirrors. But you are correct on this point. This side-track should end.
Now I'm done.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 09-07-22 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-08-22 | 03:37 PM
Melonid
4th Gear

Gorgeous, both cars!
Old 09-08-22 | 09:48 PM
testerab62
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by acupofjoe
Just got a 2022 RX350 53,200 MSRP -4800 Dealer Discount and -2000 College rebate. My wife bought an NX350 for MSPR 2 weeks prior. I think the RX is a keeper.
Which dealer pls?
Old 09-09-22 | 04:48 AM
Melonid
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DeeDeeRX
The local dealers in VA and D.C. are selling 4,500 above MRSP for a 450L as a ‘market condition’ AND they are adding over 4K in dealer installed options. Which is obviously 9K above MRSP.

anyine else experiencing this as well? It seems like a total rip-off and with interest rates rising, you would think the prices would start to drop or that I least have some bargaining power? Should I look at a non hybrid RX? I really want the 6 banger before they stop making it. Then when I am ready in 10 years, a full EV.

I currently have a rx350 third gen with low miles and well maintained. I want to keep and pick up a hybrid. I just don’t want to be gouged in price.
Hi, I challenged the $5K above MSRP, found another dealer that was selling for MSRP and the local dealer accepted the reduction. Not much wiggle room on price, they literally have no vehicles to look at or test drive at the dealer, had to put my name on a waiting list along with a refundable $1K.
Old 09-12-22 | 02:24 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Anyone getting a 2022 450h that has taken delivery recently? When did they/will they stop production on the 2022? Any supply problems now?
Old 09-12-22 | 02:45 PM
Melonid
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
Anyone getting a 2022 450h that has taken delivery recently? When did they/will they stop production on the 2022? Any supply problems now?
My RX450h was manufactured the 3rd week of August, still waiting for delivery!
Old 09-12-22 | 04:07 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Melonid
My RX450h was manufactured the 3rd week of August, still waiting for delivery!
Thats about when mine is.. He sent me when it went into production, so something is wrong.
Old 09-12-22 | 04:23 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
Thats about when mine is.. He sent me when it went into production, so something is wrong.
Is your incoming RX set to be equipped with Mark Levinson audio?
Old 09-12-22 | 05:02 PM
Melonid
4th Gear

Is your incoming RX set to be equipped with Mark Levinson audio?
Yes, I have nav + the Mark Lev. Audio system.
Old 09-12-22 | 05:04 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Melonid
Yes, I have nav + the Mark Lev. Audio system.
Read the end of this post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post11356053
Old 09-12-22 | 05:18 PM
mac12
Intermediate

I just purchased a 2022 RX350 from Lexus of North Miami after searching dealers’ inventory for a couple of weeks. Probably 70% of the RXs that are in transit have deposits on them already. If you know what you’re looking for, look at the ones in transit and see if they’re spoken for. I started on one, but it was sold. They had another just like it with a couple of more options on it that I bought. I didn’t pay msrp, but close. The demand for these RX’s is very high. They added whatever I asked for, so I’m happy. I live in Tennessee and they delivered it to my door. Paper work was done by FedEx next day air.

Last edited by mac12; 09-22-22 at 07:01 AM.
UltraLux22 (09-13-22)
Old 09-13-22 | 03:45 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Yes mine will have the ML sound system as well. Probably whats holding it up.

Last edited by Chiefsfan; 09-13-22 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h