RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-22 | 10:08 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by bamalam
Times, they are a Changin, again (props to Bob Dylan). I received this text today from the Lexus dealer where I bought my 2020:

Looking for a GREAT deal? Take $1,000 off the NX or RX450h, $2,000 off RX 350 AWD or ES 300, $2,500 off RX350L, $3,000 off ES 250 and ES 350, and $4,000 off any RX 350 FWD! Offers available on in stock units only and end 10/15/2022 so don't miss your chance at these vehicles! Text us back now to claim these offers!

Rumors of improved new car pricing appear to be true.
It's a legit offer. I'm not sure of this last statement but this offer was a one off for a couple of reasons.

Originally Posted by lgb0250
It’s great that yours does but the short buy by date of Oct 15th leads me to believe there are unknown reasons why the large discounts. I would expect some December to Remember discounts but then again, discounts are given to stimulate sales. If they are still having inventory problems during the holidays, who knows?
This dealership needs to move as much of its current, limited inventory in order to make room for their new allocations. Also Lexus is the official car of the Breeder's cup in Lexington and this dealership, Lexus of Lexington, is the host dealership. They will be receiving a large influx of inventory once their purpose for the Breeder's cup has been fulfilled. They received so many cars they ran out of room and had to move many of them to their sister Toyota Dealership. Pre-pandemic, Lex. of Lex. was the highest volume dealership in the midwest. Of course, I don't see many dealerships having an issue moving cars at the moment. Getting cars is the issue.
The offer was legit as I verified myself. They are also one of the few dealerships that have agreed to sell their most common inventory out-of-state.

Last edited by kitlz; 10-13-22 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-13-22 | 03:36 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
It's a legit offer. I'm not sure of this last statement but this offer was a one off for a couple of reasons.

This dealership needs to move as much of its current, limited inventory in order to make room for their new allocations. Also Lexus is the official car of the Breeder's cup in Lexington and this dealership, Lexus of Lexington, is the host dealership. They will be receiving a large influx of inventory once their purpose for the Breeder's cup has been fulfilled. They received so many cars they ran out of room and had to move many of them to their sister Toyota Dealership. Pre-pandemic, Lex. of Lex. was the highest volume dealership in the midwest. Of course, I don't see many dealerships having an issue moving cars at the moment. Getting cars is the issue.
The offer was legit as I verified myself. They are also one of the few dealerships that have agreed to sell their most common inventory out-of-state.
I searched most of the mid-Atlantic states for what I wanted in April 2020, and ended up bidding the business to 8 dealerships across 4 states. (I did not ask the dealership 20 minutes from me in WV to bid). Lexus of Lexington offered the lowest price immediately, and the others wouldn't beat it. I've had friends buy from them, too. Times are different now, but my experience was very good and I'd do business with them again.
The following 2 users liked this post by bamalam:
lgb0250 (10-13-22), UltraLux22 (10-13-22)
Old 10-13-22 | 11:05 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by bamalam
I searched most of the mid-Atlantic states for what I wanted in April 2020, and ended up bidding the business to 8 dealerships across 4 states. (I did not ask the dealership 20 minutes from me in WV to bid). Lexus of Lexington offered the lowest price immediately, and the others wouldn't beat it. I've had friends buy from them, too. Times are different now, but my experience was very good and I'd do business with them again.
To say they are a cut above the rest would be an understatement! They personify what a dealership experience should be. They don’t play games, never priced inventory over MSRP, and never tacked on ridiculous add-on’s. I’m glad to hear you had such a great experience but, I’m in no way surprised!
Old 10-19-22 | 10:44 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

I ordered an RX from the dealer who had them coming in in August...Just got an E Mail from the dealer and told me...Like someone here already mentioned...the Lexus Rep was in today and confirmed that its the Mark Levinson Chip thats the issue... he said "Guarantee by end of November.."
Old 10-21-22 | 12:19 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Just put a deposit on a 2022 RX450h; should be here at the end of November. They seem to be coming fully loaded these days with Luxury Pkg, ML, triple-beams, HUD etc etc etc... Dealer is selling at MSRP. Really happy to get this last model year. Hoping it would be a long term keeper like our 2021 LX570.
The following users liked this post:
jollick (10-21-22)
Old 10-23-22 | 11:43 AM
azmojo
Instructor

I've bought from this dealer before, they have the most aggressive pricing I have seen. Time to clear out the 2022's!

This is Lexus of Serramonte (North CA)
jollick (10-23-22)
Old 10-27-22 | 03:38 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

I have a question, for those of us that are having to wait and wait for their 22 RX because of chips etc, and are trading a car, are the Lexus dealers offering LESS for your trade as time goes by cause its worth less that it was 2-3 months earlier?
Old 10-27-22 | 04:19 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
I have a question, for those of us that are having to wait and wait for their 22 RX because of chips etc, and are trading a car, are the Lexus dealers offering LESS for your trade as time goes by cause its worth less that it was 2-3 months earlier?
The dealer will offer the value in the day you actually trade in.

I'm hoping that used car prices won't drop that much over the next few months until my ESh comes in.
UltraLux22 (10-27-22)
Old 10-27-22 | 11:08 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I have a question, for those of us who have to wait and wait for their 22 RX because of chips etc., and are trading a car. Are the Lexus dealers offering LESS for your trade as time goes by cause it's worth less than it was 2-3 months earlier?
I don't have an RX, but I have sold many vehicles to Carvana and Carmax. I have yet to find a situation that would see me trading or selling my cars to the dealer. You will usually get more for your vehicle through a 3rd party. They do not have the overhead that a dealership does and usually come out much higher than the dealer offers. It's a much easier process than many people know. You can always check every day or every few days online using Carvana, Vroom, or any third-party sellers. The value of your vehicle can fluctuate thousands of dollars from one day to the next. It never hurts to know where you stand. You could always leverage a 3rd party offer to the dealer to increase their bid. Trading in can leave room for creative financial maneuvering, so know your value before you deal. IMO

In this crazy market, my last Lexus increased in value by nearly $10k. In August of this year, Carvana provided quotes that dropped from $44k to $39k. 2 days ago, that value increased to nearly $49k in 3 months. I can't speak to what the dealers are offering, but I guarantee you that you might be surprised if you check.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 10-27-22 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-28-22 | 10:31 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Decisions decisions.. Dealer across the state has a 2022 450h L on the ground and if taking $1500 off till end of month.LOL...I know its an L and costs more but at least its on the ground.. Iridium color, not may fav but....It has the Luxury stuff on it BTW,,
Old 10-28-22 | 10:49 AM
nocookie4u
3rd Gear

Similar situation here, though it is on RX350 2022 AWD. Dealer is pushing for end of month sale with $2100 off MSRP. Should I pull the trigger or wait for end of Nov (there might be few 2022 model left?)
Old 10-28-22 | 01:25 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Originally Posted by nocookie4u
Similar situation here, though it is on RX350 2022 AWD. Dealer is pushing for end of month sale with $2100 off MSRP. Should I pull the trigger or wait for end of Nov (there might be few 2022 model left?)
I agree, the longer you wait, the less they'll have. 2100 off.....go for it!
Old 10-28-22 | 03:05 PM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

look for your car you want at different dealership then sell your car to carvana
I bought my 450 f sport and 3 days later my cousin wanted the same exact car... Found one in bound to a dealer 150 miles away and took delivery 1 week later. Cars are out there just need to look.
Decisions decisions.. Dealer across the state has a 2022 450h L on the ground and if taking $1500 off till end of month.LOL...I know its an L and costs more but at least its on the ground.. Iridium color, not may fav but....It has the Luxury stuff on it BTW,,
I don't know about you but spending close to $70k out there door and not getting your first choice of color and settling is not something I'm willing to do you going to have to look at it for the next few years.....I am probably the king of indecisiveness lol...I ordered a 350f sport, cancelled that for a 450 f sport in nightfall mica, cancelled that for a 450 f sport nebula then cancelled that for a 450 f sport in white with circuit and took delivery of the white 450 lol.... Rational was...... Don't settle and get what I wanted.... It was white with circuit triple beam Mark Levinson and panoramic roof ..I settled on all the other cars....
The following 2 users liked this post by gshadow325:
irishbrahm (10-29-22), jollick (10-28-22)
Old 10-29-22 | 10:26 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gshadow325
look for your car you want at different dealership then sell your car to carvana
I bought my 450 f sport and 3 days later my cousin wanted the same exact car... Found one in bound to a dealer 150 miles away and took delivery 1 week later. Cars are out there just need to look.

I don't know about you but spending close to $70k out there door and not getting your first choice of color and settling is not something I'm willing to do you going to have to look at it for the next few years.....I am probably the king of indecisiveness lol...I ordered a 350f sport, cancelled that for a 450 f sport in nightfall mica, cancelled that for a 450 f sport nebula then cancelled that for a 450 f sport in white with circuit and took delivery of the white 450 lol.... Rational was...... Don't settle and get what I wanted.... It was white with circuit triple beam Mark Levinson and panoramic roof ..I settled on all the other cars....
Im really not particular on colors, Ive owed about every color at some point, except Id rather not have black interior again right now. So yesterday another dealer e mailed me about a 450hL and he said he could sell it for 65,500 plus I get 1,000 off for Military. Not bad altho I wasnt necessarily wanting an L .. Other dealer I have been dealing with sends me a carfax thing this AM and now they are offering 5K less for my BMW than they offered on 9-1... So basically I van get the L for 500 bucks cheaper than a regular 450h and some stuff on L is already on it....UPDATE>>> 450hL sold. I guess you snooze you lose.. Other guy who I have been dealing with said a guy back out on his. But was black/black.... Im gonna stick with the one I asked for. Nebula Grey/ Parchment....Id take Black/Birtch..

Last edited by Chiefsfan; 10-30-22 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-30-22 | 10:53 AM
maadfw
Rookie

Default Thoughts on RX350 Pricing?

Hi All,

New member here and looking to be part of the forum in coming years. I am a long time Honda/Acura owner living in North Texas and looking to get 2022 RX350 before the v6 option is gone. I am pretty flexible on colors and the dealership has the base + premium package for MSRP (49875+TTL) with 2.99% Lexus financing. The only add on is $600 for Window tinting. Is this a good price for 2022 model or is it better off waiting for "December to Remember" event.

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
-maadfw

Quick Reply: Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h