RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-21 | 10:28 AM
jimbosr1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Kidding aside, this particular dealer has lots of inventory so I don't see how this price gouging can last ignoring the obvious typo.
Have you driven to the dealer and seen the large inventory? Dealers here have a large online inventory and hardly anything on the ground.
Dealers online inventory includes, vehicles with a assigned vin # that have not been built yet and vehicles that are not in transit. If there isn't a picture of the real vehicle on their website it most likely is not landed yet, but they can sell it to you and you wait until it shows up.
Old 11-13-21 | 10:38 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
Have you driven to the dealer and seen the large inventory? Dealers here have a large online inventory and hardly anything on the ground.
Dealers online inventory includes, vehicles with a assigned vin # that have not been built yet and vehicles that are not in transit. If there isn't a picture of the real vehicle on their website it most likely is not landed yet, but they can sell it to you and you wait until it shows up.
Agreed. They can be very slow to remove sold inventory as well. I imagine this occurs more at lower volume dealerships as it can be more challenging to show enough inventory to get potential customers excited. I’m not condoning it, but I understand why they may do it from a pure business perspective.
Old 11-15-21 | 08:37 PM
AustinTex
Driver

I just picked my 2022 RX350 tonight (traded in a 2018 GX460)
paid MSRP no discounts
i checked around and most dealers are either charging MSRP or MSRP plus adding in mandatory window Tint and other fees so I was OK just paying just MSRP
i did get first two maintenance for free
Lexus is offering 1.9% interest rate if you need to finance part of it.
I checked around for best price on extended warranty and they matched it. (I figured if inflation keeps growing then my 7 year/125k mile warranty might be a good idea)

i got a good price on the trade in , so not getting a discount from MSRP kind of evened things out.
if inflation continues, I can see MSRP going up as the year goes on

Last edited by AustinTex; 11-16-21 at 07:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jollick (11-16-21)
Old 11-15-21 | 08:56 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by AustinTex
I just picked my 2022 RX350 tonight (traded in a 2018 GX460)
paid MSRP no discounts
i checked around and most dealers are either charging MSRPor also adding in mandatory window Tint and other fees so I was OK just paying MSRP
i did get first two maintenance for free
Lexus is offering 1.9% interest rate if you need to finance part of it.
also I checked around for best price on extended warranty and they matched it. (I figured if inflation keeps growing then my 7 year/125k mile warranty might be a good idea)

i got a good price on the trade in , so not getting a discount from MSRP kind of evened things out.
if inflation continues, I can see MSRP going up as the year goes on
Congrats on your new ride. My local dealer charges $499 for ceramic tint on top of MSRP also.
Old 11-18-21 | 03:33 PM
jwrichter
Driver

Everybody gets the first 2 maintenance free on a new vehicle,
lol

Last edited by jwrichter; 11-18-21 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-18-21 | 04:19 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by jwrichter
Everybody gets the first 2 maintenance free on a new vehicle,
lol
Not in Canada!
Old 11-19-21 | 05:55 AM
AustinTex
Driver

Originally Posted by websurfer
Congrats on your new ride. My local dealer charges $499 for ceramic tint on top of MSRP also.
yes, $500 is what the dealerships around my area charge also. I contacted a tint shop near my dealership and they told me they are the ones who do all the tints for my dealership.
Taking it directly to the tint shop will cost me $159 (for the front doors with the same premium tint the dealership has them place)
Old 11-21-21 | 01:58 PM
Bluenoser
Driver School Candidate

I bought a 2022 RX350 F sport the end of October. Test drove one on Monday. Got a call from the sales manager thanking me on Tuesday. Told him I wanted a white one. As a matter of fact, we are unloading one right now off the truck
Manufactured date Oct.21st Cambridge, Ontario delivered to Rockville Maryland 4 days later I paid MSRP $55,750.oo Traded in a 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R 40K miles that hit 2 deer 2 years ago so that accident affected trade value $3K
Can't believe I waited this long to buy a Lexus. I really like this so far after 1400 miles
The following 3 users liked this post by Bluenoser:
JeffKeryk (11-23-21), jollick (11-22-21), mike995134 (05-03-22)
Old 12-03-21 | 03:28 PM
jwrichter
Driver

Canada?? Ok, probably not in Spain, Italy, Mexico, Brazil...........Too cold to live normally in Canada LOL
Old 12-06-21 | 06:06 AM
happychris
Rookie

Does it matter if the RX was made in Japan vs Canada? I picked my 2022 RX 350 base up on Saturday and it was made in Ontario and I have the Bridgestone tires. Which models are made in Japan?
Old 12-06-21 | 06:37 AM
jimbosr1
Pole Position

The L models are made in Japan the ones with 7 seats.
happychris (12-06-21)
Old 12-06-21 | 12:14 PM
mrkrishnan
Driver School Candidate

Default Buy now or wait 6 mos?

Hi all:
New to Lexus forums. I have a 2005 Acura MDX . It still drives great but I think I am ready for a new car and the Matador red RX350 w/Premium package is what I want. Seems like there are no incentives from Lexus currently and you have pre-book the car and pay MSRP. Are prices likely to come down in a few months? Will I be kicking myself if I buy now?
Old 12-06-21 | 12:28 PM
happychris
Rookie

From what I have been reading and researching with the chip shortage, manufactuers will keep allocations low knowing people are willing to pay MSRP and a lot are over MSRP, supply and demand. I heard they might also increase MSRP prices for next year because of this also. I pulled the trigger and the dealer I purchased my car from told me the same the prices will go up next year. Who really knows but if you wait how much do you think you will really get off the car? I do not know if they will be offering discounts, they did not for December. December to remember? lol Unless it is a demo and even so those demo discounts are really not that much off MSRP like they were used to in the past. I think those days of getting $5-10k off MSRP are long gone for luxury cars. And I have seen $10k off MSRP for the current year like BMW's which I came from, not during this time but years ago.. that is my take...
Old 12-06-21 | 12:37 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrkrishnan
Hi all:
New to Lexus forums. I have a 2005 Acura MDX . It still drives great but I think I am ready for a new car and the Matador red RX350 w/Premium package is what I want. Seems like there are no incentives from Lexus currently and you have pre-book the car and pay MSRP. Are prices likely to come down in a few months? Will I be kicking myself if I buy now?
Likely? Who knows? Something that is a little more certain is that if new car prices fall, used car prices (and trade-in values) will fall, too. Used car prices are nuts now. According to KBB, my 2020 RX has only lost $1,500 in value since I drove it off the lot 20 months and 21K miles ago. That's insane. Granted, I paid $8K+ under MSRP, but those were different times.

Your '05 MDX will probably never be worth more than it is now. Buying a new RX now with a high-value trade or private party sale might not be an awful thing to do. If you plan to keep the MDX after purchasing an RX, on the other hand, buying now seems riskier. BTW, be aware that the RX will be move to a 5th generation with the 2023 model year. The 2022 4th gen is the last RX with a V6 according to several reports.
Old 12-08-21 | 07:27 AM
mrkrishnan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all. New technology in 2023 will most likely increase price again. I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy now.
happychris (12-08-21)

Quick Reply: Purchase price of 2022 RX350/RX450h