RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

AT&T in car WIFI turns off

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-22, 02:06 PM
kumaruk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cme4oil
Yesterday I turned it on and went to the store, came out and it was off in the wifi settings so I had to turn it back on.

Today I did the same thing and it was on after coming out of the store. Seems like a potential bug to me.
This was happens to me as well.. Lexus customer serv rep told this is part of Lexus design and nothing can be done. Such a shame
Old 03-28-22, 08:11 AM
cme4oil
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I brought it up at my lexus 1 yr service and they had no clue. The IT person was no help at all, he didn't even understand how it worked. I asked for a call between their IT guy and a tech from Lexus home office... Still waiting for that and it's been a month. Not holding my breath on this one..
Old 03-28-22, 08:23 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by cme4oil
I brought it up at my lexus 1 yr service and they had no clue. The IT person was no help at all, he didn't even understand how it worked. I asked for a call between their IT guy and a tech from Lexus home office... Still waiting for that and it's been a month. Not holding my breath on this one..
Dealer IT guy didn't know how it worked? Couple of my grandchildren could probably figure it out!
Old 04-11-22, 06:11 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

An update (sort of): This clearly is a known issue at Lexus, even if the company apparently intends to ignore it regarding the RX, LC and possibly other models.

I happened to be scanning the Club Lexus message board for the new NX and saw this on a scary-long list of software fixes sent over the air to 2022 NX owners:
  • Wi-Fi connection history is intermittently not retained.
Old 04-11-22, 03:12 PM
joyful1nh
Driver School Candidate

Default WiFi Software Update?

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
An update (sort of): This clearly is a known issue at Lexus, even if the company apparently intends to ignore it regarding the RX, LC and possibly other models.

I happened to be scanning the Club Lexus message board for the new NX and saw this on a scary-long list of software fixes sent over the air to 2022 NX owners:
  • Wi-Fi connection history is intermittently not retained.
I took my RX in for 15k service today and asked the dealer to check this out as the intermittent nature of the disconnection makes it obvious it is not a design feature - and my service record shows they applied a software update. I'll report back if this actually fixes the problem or not.
Old 04-11-22, 03:27 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joyful1nh
I took my RX in for 15k service today and asked the dealer to check this out as the intermittent nature of the disconnection makes it obvious it is not a design feature - and my service record shows they applied a software update. I'll report back if this actually fixes the problem or not.
That’s encouraging. Looking forward to your report.
Old 04-13-22, 09:25 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Someone on the LC board just received this. It could be related to our issue.

Old 04-13-22, 09:43 AM
bee144
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
Someone on the LC board just received this. It could be related to our issue.

not to crush your dreams but that has nothing to do with this issue. I would expect 0 resolution.

the hard stance that Lexus is taking leads me to believe this is a hardware issue which is going to cost a lot more than a software update.
Old 05-06-22, 03:37 PM
RchampHSV
2nd gear

I am having this same problem in my 2022 RX450. Very frustrating to have to turn it back on every time i restart the car.
Old 07-30-22, 08:10 AM
JohnD333
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. 2022 RX with paid year AT&T subscription.

headed into dealer Tuesday
Old 07-31-22, 06:34 AM
t18c97
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mozartone
Yep, that’s what’s happening to me. Explained the problem to my dealer, they reset the entire radio, including WiFi, (lost all my settings) and the problem returned.
‘My guess is that this is the way the software is designed. The Japanese manufacturers are fanatical about controlling ever aspect of the driving experience.
Went through the same thing on my 2020RX. I’ve just given up on it.
Old 09-24-22, 12:24 PM
hmorse
10th Gear

Default WiFi issue

I have a 2022 RX450h. When I turn on the WiFi via the vehicle's settings, all is fine and it connects perfectly to my iPhone 13. However, when I shut the car and then turn it back on later, the vehicle's WiFi system requires me go to the settings each time and turn it back on. That is very frustrating. Is there a way that the WiFi "ON" setting will stay on when the vehicle is shut off and then restarted?? Surely, there must be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-22, 03:03 PM
cme4oil
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hmorse
I have a 2022 RX450h. When I turn on the WiFi via the vehicle's settings, all is fine and it connects perfectly to my iPhone 13. However, when I shut the car and then turn it back on later, the vehicle's WiFi system requires me go to the settings each time and turn it back on. That is very frustrating. Is there a way that the WiFi "ON" setting will stay on when the vehicle is shut off and then restarted?? Surely, there must be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not currently... it's also random for me, sometimes it might be on for 2-3 days? Something triggers it to go off and trying to get lexus to fix it is not an easy task.
Old 09-24-22, 03:09 PM
t18c97
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hmorse
If you find a way please tell Lexus since I’ve had that problem for 2 years.
The following users liked this post:
AAJogger (12-15-22)
Old 12-15-22, 10:55 AM
AAJogger
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to post an update on the problem - WiFi HotSpot ON setting not being maintained. After taking the car in so it's log files could be sent to engineering and then receiving "we're investigating" emails every week for 5+ months, I got a call telling me that there was a fix....replacing the DCM module. Needless to say I was extremely skeptical but I went ahead and had my dealer verify the "fix" with Lexus and then go ahead with the module replacement. No surprise, It did not work! The Hotspot setting will still reset to OFF after some number of trips. The most trips I've ever made with it staying ON is three. I now have a new case number after they closed the oriiginal one and am waiting for the Case Manager to contact me. I'm not holding out any hope that this will ever work (ie.have the ON setting permanently maintained) especially since it failed in the brand new loaner they gave me to drive while working on mine. Wondering if it's ever worked in any RX?

Last edited by AAJogger; 12-15-22 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: AT&T in car WIFI turns off