RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

AT&T in car WIFI turns off

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-22 | 01:15 PM
hmorse
10th Gear

Default Messed up WiFi

I have a 2022 RX 450h with the same issue and it is extremely disappointing. I had Lexus open a case on it. Lexus sent a Field Rep to my dealer and experienced the same issue as on my vehicle (which was present), and a bunch of other vehicles on the dealers’ lot. The Field Rep informed my dealer that he was going to escalate the issue to Lexus Technical Support, and that the service manager at my dealership would keep me informed. So far, I have not received any updated information, and left a message with my Service Manager a few weeks ago. Lexus Customer Service closed my complaint saying there is nothing further they can do now that it has been escalated to Technical Support. This issue has been extremely aggravating to me as I am in law enforcement in a rural area, and communications is everything. If we are going to get anywhere make a complaint at 800-255-3987 Option 5 and get a case number. The more of this who file, the more attention it will receive. They said they were never aware of any issue prior to mine, and that they will not look for confirmation on any forum!
Old 12-15-22 | 02:06 PM
AAJogger
7th Gear

Originally Posted by hmorse
I have a 2022 RX 450h with the same issue and it is extremely disappointing. I had Lexus open a case on it. Lexus sent a Field Rep to my dealer and experienced the same issue as on my vehicle (which was present), and a bunch of other vehicles on the dealers’ lot. The Field Rep informed my dealer that he was going to escalate the issue to Lexus Technical Support, and that the service manager at my dealership would keep me informed. So far, I have not received any updated information, and left a message with my Service Manager a few weeks ago. Lexus Customer Service closed my complaint saying there is nothing further they can do now that it has been escalated to Technical Support. This issue has been extremely aggravating to me as I am in law enforcement in a rural area, and communications is everything. If we are going to get anywhere make a complaint at 800-255-3987 Option 5 and get a case number. The more of this who file, the more attention it will receive. They said they were never aware of any issue prior to mine, and that they will not look for confirmation on any forum!
Interesting that they claimed that "they were never aware of any issue prior to yours" since I first reported the problem shortly after I bought my 2021 RX450h. I have a Service Invoice indicating that my dealer verified the problem and opened TAS #212090208. It also documents that TAS agents sent the case to Electrical Product Engineers for further investigation on 7/28/2021. After hearing nothing for 9 months, I started calling again and was asked by Lexus Brand Engagement to bring the car back to my dealer so they could send them the "head logs" which I did on 5/25/2022 and I have the service invoice documenting that. That's when I started getting the weekly emails stating "Your case is still open and being actively worked on by our technical teams. A Lexus representative will reach out once your request is resolved or if there is any information, we need from you. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on this matter.".
+

Old 12-16-22 | 10:50 AM
mozartone
4th Gear

Originally Posted by AAJogger
Wanted to post an update on the problem - WiFi HotSpot ON setting not being maintained. After taking the car in so it's log files could be sent to engineering and then receiving "we're investigating" emails every week for 5+ months, I got a call telling me that there was a fix....replacing the DCM module. Needless to say I was extremely skeptical but I went ahead and had my dealer verify the "fix" with Lexus and then go ahead with the module replacement. No surprise, It did not work! The Hotspot setting will still reset to OFF after some number of trips. The most trips I've ever made with it staying ON is three. I now have a new case number after they closed the oriiginal one and am waiting for the Case Manager to contact me. I'm not holding out any hope that this will ever work (ie.have the ON setting permanently maintained) especially since it failed in the brand new loaner they gave me to drive while working on mine. Wondering if it's ever worked in any RX?
This is a known problem, I reported this to my dealer two years ago, they told me theirs nothing they can do!

Old 02-15-23 | 04:45 PM
barbde
1st Gear

I have the same problem in my 2022 350RX. Why do we keep paying the monthly cost to AT&T? Maybe because we might get Wi-Fi for a few minutes on every trip? Ridiculous.
Old 02-15-23 | 07:43 PM
JohnD333
10th Gear

In the 2023 model WiFi still turns off, but they fixed it so you can it turn on the WiFi when moving.

Go buy a new one! Find out what other features do not work. One word of warning - the speed adjustment of the sound system still does not raise volume sufficiently. Been the exact same issue since 2000.

Originally Posted by barbde
I have the same problem in my 2022 350RX. Why do we keep paying the monthly cost to AT&T? Maybe because we might get Wi-Fi for a few minutes on every trip? Ridiculous.
The following 2 users liked this post by JohnD333:
AAJogger (02-16-23), barbde (02-16-23)