RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17 | 09:19 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by Emaniat
They are the same. If you saw an Asian RX200t that means it has the 2.0L turbo. RX 350 means it has the 3.5L V6. RX 450H is a hybrid (H) designator not sure what 450 signifies.
RX 450h = 3.5 Liter V-6 plus two electric motors. The 450h has more hp & torque than the 350 & it’s faster 0-60 mph.

**CORRECTION**
The 450h is NOT faster than the 350. The 450h has more HP than the 350 due to two electric motors, but it loses that advantage because it weighs more. I couldn’t make heads or tails of the Consumer Reports posting, but found some accurate stats in Car & Driver: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...wd-test-review

“At the track, the two models’ test numbers were close. The hybrid’s powertrain musters a total of 308 horsepower, against 295 for the RX350, but those extra ponies appear to be negated by the all-wheel-drive RX450h’s additional 340 pounds. The RX450h gets to 60 mph in 7.1 seconds, 0.2 second behind the RX350, and the hybrid is fractionally (0.1 second and 2 mph) behind it in the quarter-mile, as well. Braking from 70 mph takes 178 feet, four feet longer than the RX350.”

Last edited by gadgetman1; 11-27-17 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Incorrect Info
Old 11-07-17 | 05:33 PM
Emaniat
Driver

Yes. I heard that it has an electric motor up front and one that drives the rear. I just wasn't sure how they get the extra 100 in the number unless it has something to do with the electric motor rating.
Old 11-09-17 | 01:19 PM
SaintLewis
8th Gear

Default Cargo liner Toyota Northwest Edmonton

Mine came in a few days. Looks good but pretty curled up from shipping.
Attached Thumbnails All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner-photo-nov-09-1-12-03-pm.jpg   All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner-photo-nov-09-1-06-02-pm.jpg   All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner-photo-nov-09-1-03-39-pm.jpg  
Old 11-09-17 | 01:55 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by SaintLewis
Mine came in a few days. Looks good but pretty curled up from shipping.
Lay it out flat in the sun for several hours & the curls will go away.
Old 11-09-17 | 05:18 PM
Emaniat
Driver

Yeah mine was the same way. I layed it out in the sun for a little bit and it was fine.
Old 11-09-17 | 05:36 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexnewbi
Let us know when you get it and if there was any other extra charges.
It was delivered via fedex yesterday. No extra charges; shipping was 59.94(CAD) to NW oregon. I like it so far! Looks nicer than the weathertech mat that I did have. Definitely needs a bit of time to flatten out tho!
Old 11-22-17 | 01:24 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mspearl95
It was delivered via fedex yesterday. No extra charges; shipping was 59.94(CAD) to NW oregon. I like it so far! Looks nicer than the weathertech mat that I did have. Definitely needs a bit of time to flatten out tho!
Got mine yesterday. I like how it covers the back seats, but the fit of the Canadian cargo liner is not as good as the US cargo mat. The Canadian cargo liner is more plastic and less rubbery compared to the US cargo mat. The US cargo mat fits better. I find the Canadian cargo liner to be a little smaller and slides around the cargo area. The Canadian cargo liner has about 1/2 inch gap on the sides of the cargo area. The US cargo mat stays in place and covers wall to wall and does not slide. It is also heavier.

I might cut off the back seat portion of the Canadian cargo liner and put the US cargo mat in the cargo area, sort of combining the two.
Old 11-22-17 | 01:44 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Got mine yesterday. I like how it covers the back seats, but the fit of the Canadian cargo liner is not as good as the US cargo mat. The Canadian cargo liner is more plastic and less rubbery compared to the US cargo mat. The US cargo mat fits better. I find the Canadian cargo liner to be a little smaller and slides around the cargo area. The Canadian cargo liner has about 1/2 inch gap on the sides of the cargo area. The US cargo mat stays in place and covers wall to wall and does not slide. It is also heavier.

I might cut off the back seat portion of the Canadian cargo liner and put the US cargo mat in the cargo area, sort of combining the two.
Something is wrong. Either you have a defective mat, or they sent you the wrong mat. Mine fits tight, doesn’t slide at all, has Velcro fasteners & NOTHING slides around on it. Sometimes, it’s so grippy that it makes sliding cargo in & out takes two people. We love it!
Old 11-22-17 | 02:07 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

I never had the OEM all-weather mat, so I can’t compare, but I don’t have any sliding issues with my liner. It fits better than the weather tech mat. I love the way it fits over the back of the seats! I’m surprised this isn’t available in the US, at least in the cold and wet parts of the country.
Old 11-22-17 | 03:12 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

The nice part of the Canadian liner is that it has the accordion portion to allow the seats to move all the way forward and still cover the back of the seats and the trunk
Old 11-22-17 | 08:36 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Something is wrong. Either you have a defective mat, or they sent you the wrong mat. Mine fits tight, doesn’t slide at all, has Velcro fasteners & NOTHING slides around on it. Sometimes, it’s so grippy that it makes sliding cargo in & out takes two people. We love it!
The mat is the same as shown in the pictures here and the Lexus Canada website. It has velcro fasteners for the back of the seats and they are very grippy. In fact, the first time, I placed it without the round velcro pads since they grip so well. But then placed the round velcro pads on the back of the seats, in case I wanted to remove the liner for cleaning and put it back on. The back of the seats fits very well, but the main trunk area is a little larger.

I do like the accordion between the back of the seats and the liner bottom. I pushed the accordion portion down in the gap between the seats and the trunk space. That seems to hold that accordion so it does not pop out into the trunk area. It would also help avoiding collecting trash and debris in that gap and the hassle of cleaning that space.

I am going to give the liner a few more days, maybe it needs more time to flatten. With the cold days here, it probably has not helped the plastic. I do find that the US cargo mat prevents things from rolling around in the trunk area and is more grippy than the Canadian cargo liner.
Old 08-23-22 | 10:28 AM
condor11
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to have to bump this thread. What makes Canadian OEM cargo liner better than what, say, WeatherTech makes?
And what's the issue with US OEM liner?
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-23-22 | 12:24 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by condor11
Sorry to have to bump this thread. What makes Canadian OEM cargo liner better than what, say, WeatherTech makes?
And what's the issue with US OEM liner?
Thanks in advance!
See posts #7, 25 & 48. The Canadian mat goes all the way up the rear seat backs vs. the American version that does not. It’s a sticky type of rubber where things don’t slide. I have no idea about Weathertech.

Last edited by gadgetman1; 08-23-22 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-25-23 | 07:02 AM
esolo98
Advanced

Originally Posted by mspearl95
I contacted them via their website, and they got back to me right away with the link to the cargo liner(below); just ordered, and it went through no problem!

https://toyotacustoms.com/products/l...pu550-48160-01
The link doesn't work anymore, does anyone know if this can still be purchased and shipped to the US?
Old 09-25-23 | 12:18 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by esolo98
The link doesn't work anymore, does anyone know if this can still be purchased and shipped to the US?
As far as I am aware, the mat is made in Canada & shipping would cost more than the cost of the mat. I just happened to travel to Canada & brought it (wrapped in cardboard) back as checked baggage.
The following 2 users liked this post by gadgetman1:
esolo98 (09-27-23), jollick (09-27-23)