RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Malfunctions Galore - my new RX 350

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-17, 12:12 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by milk659
Replies to the comments:

1. My phone was totally unpaired from the previous car and I deleted my data from my previous car.
2. As of this writing, I have unpaired and re-paired my phone twice after dealer paired it first. It works great for a few days when LEXUS RX shows up in my phone's Bluetooth settings. When it shows as "CARACCESSORY" (no idea why) then the stated trouble begins. It just feels that the audio is forced through the phone, instead of going through car's infotainment system and I cannot change it for the love of the God; unless I do the unpair and re-pair.
3. I hope this is a small glitch that gets resolved soon. Will find out this Friday and will update you all
4. I did have some issues with the car buying process which I did not need advice upon (it was pertaining to finance); hence the word GALORE came to my mind. If it makes you happy I will change it.
5. As of yesterday, Lexus Corporate was made aware of my issues, and needless to say, the communication with the dealer has been much smoother.

Thanks for your time. I am going to start another thread with another question. I hope don't ruffle up as many feathers with that.
You never mentioned if you deleted the car & the phone from each other. Your car is a giant computer & it only does what YOU tell it to do. So, if you didn't delete everything, it will still remember. Unpairing does not erase everything. I would be very shocked if this turns out to be a faulty infotainment unit. Don't take offense to folk's replies. Remember, everyone is typing here & not speaking; thus true meanings get lost or taken the wrong way. I've been in your shoes before - it will get resolved, even if it means going to a different dealer. Please keep us posted.
Old 08-24-17, 12:24 PM
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Remote start my car when it is below freezing outside.

German cars don't allow that. It is illegal for a car to run without a driver in Germany.

If this was an issue to sell the car, then you have not done much of research. There are many installers that will happily install a remote start on a German car and bypass the driver check feature. I see you are in IL, have you talked to ABT Electronics? I know another company that is by far best in the installation and support than any other one I have seen.
Old 08-24-17, 12:36 PM
milk659
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
You never mentioned if you deleted the car & the phone from each other. Your car is a giant computer & it only does what YOU tell it to do. So, if you didn't delete everything, it will still remember. Unpairing does not erase everything. I would be very shocked if this turns out to be a faulty infotainment unit. Don't take offense to folk's replies. Remember, everyone is typing here & not speaking; thus true meanings get lost or taken the wrong way. I've been in your shoes before - it will get resolved, even if it means going to a different dealer. Please keep us posted.
I didn't know you would be looking for that specific information. YES, I DELETED MY PHONE FROM THE CAR, UNPAIRED THE DARN DEVICE FROM THE CAR AND VICE VERSA THREE TIMES! STILL, THINGS DO NOT WORK!
Old 08-24-17, 12:37 PM
milk659
Driver

Originally Posted by dunyamunya
If this was an issue to sell the car, then you have not done much of research. There are many installers that will happily install a remote start on a German car and bypass the driver check feature. I see you are in IL, have you talked to ABT Electronics? I know another company that is by far best in the installation and support than any other one I have seen.
That just messes up with the manufacturer's warranty, I didn't want to risk that.
Old 08-24-17, 12:43 PM
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate

That just messes up with the manufacturer's warranty, I didn't want to risk that.
I doubt you had any factory warranty in 5 years of owning the car, but the factory warranty never gets messed up if you go with a good company. Just saying. If interested, I can give you more info on some that are better than best. They will even come out to the dealer to prove that the remote start does not cause any issues.
Old 08-24-17, 12:48 PM
milk659
Driver

I doubt you had any factory warranty in 5 years of owning the car, but the factory warranty never gets messed up if you go with a good company. Just saying. If interested, I can give you more info on some that are better than best. They will even come out to the dealer to prove that the remote start does not cause any issues.
I guess I learnt something new. But it's too late. I am now an owner of Lexus which comes with factory remote start.
Old 08-24-17, 12:57 PM
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate

I guess I learnt something new. But it's too late. I am now an owner of Lexus which comes with factory remote start.

Yes, it does, but in one year you will either have to pay for it or get your own. The price is about 250 a year (just remote start), but you can install a two-way remote start with phone app support (requires about 7 bucks a month subscription) for about 600 (don't know for sure, but will have to find out in a couple of months). Just for your FYI.
Old 08-24-17, 01:14 PM
milk659
Driver

Yes, it does, but in one year you will either have to pay for it or get your own. The price is about 250 a year (just remote start), but you can install a two-way remote start with phone app support (requires about 7 bucks a month subscription) for about 600 (don't know for sure, but will have to find out in a couple of months). Just for your FYI.
Since we are specifically talking about remote start, I am able to remote start my car from Keyfob without using Enform App by pressing lock button three times and holding lock the third time till the lights flash (Lexus does not like to advertise that).

I hope that continues to work after the subscription expires.
Old 08-24-17, 01:45 PM
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate

Since we are specifically talking about remote start, I am able to remote start my car from Keyfob without using Enform App by pressing lock button three times and holding lock the third time till the lights flash (Lexus does not like to advertise that).

It will not. Unless you pay for it, all features will go away.
Old 08-24-17, 01:51 PM
shotkall3r
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

According to several other owners, it has been confirmed that the remote start using the keyfob will NOT work when Enform subscription has expired. The lowest priced Enform subscription that allows remote start is $250/yr. I personally think this policy is unfair. Requiring subscription to use Enform app options is OK, but not for the keyfob start, as this is built-in. It would be similar to making us pay subscription to use keyfob to unlock doors. I just hope they somehow change this senseless policy.

Remote Start thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...he-remote.html
Enform Pricing: http://www.lexus.com/enform/availability-pricing
Old 08-24-17, 02:30 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I guess you guys are making OP hates his Lexus even more
Old 08-24-17, 03:17 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I didn't know you would be looking for that specific information. YES, I DELETED MY PHONE FROM THE CAR, UNPAIRED THE DARN DEVICE FROM THE CAR AND VICE VERSA THREE TIMES! STILL, THINGS DO NOT WORK!
Gosh - you post catastrophic issues and then you respond like that when someone offera advice🤔