RX - 5th Gen (2023-present) Discussion topics related to the 2023 and up RX models

Problem setting up multiple profiles

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-23, 01:32 PM
sailormike
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by alextv
If you always have the fob with you how do you know the digital key is working? I thought the digital key would work with phone locked but app open and running in background in your pocket is that not correct? I might not fully understand how it works.
You can disable the fob by holding the lock button and pressing the unlock button twice. To re-enable the fob, you press any button. I have been trying to gain confidence with the digital key, so I have been carrying the fob disabled for a couple of weeks. So far, no issues other than having to unlock the app every once in a while. I have even been leaving the fob locked in the vehicle when I dont want to carry it. I used to put the app in deep sleep (android phone) to keep it from killing the battery. It seems that the latest update of the app is easier on the battery.
Old 08-29-23, 01:34 PM
LARRX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alextv
If you always have the fob with you how do you know the digital key is working? I thought the digital key would work with phone locked but app open and running in background in your pocket is that not correct? I might not fully understand how it works.
We always carry the FOB with us in case the digital key fails (again), the FOB is turned off. Press & hold 1 button on the FOB then press another button twice, the red led will flash 4 times indicating that it is turned off.
Old 08-29-23, 02:35 PM
Mike3rdLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sailormike - I a bit disturbed by your statement "I have even been leaving the fob locked in the vehicle when I dont want to carry it" !!
I am not disturbed by you ... I am deeply disturbed by the fact that the car will actually allow you to lock a FOB inside the car. I was under the impression that the car will not lock if the FOB is anywhere in the car. The only exception to this is a very rare occurrence, which is discussed in the owners manual on page 117. The manual warns that there are situations where you use the power back door reserve function that you can lock the FOB in the car.

Old 08-29-23, 05:47 PM
CommodoreAmiga
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike3rdLexus
Sailormike - I a bit disturbed by your statement "I have even been leaving the fob locked in the vehicle when I dont want to carry it" !!
I am not disturbed by you ... I am deeply disturbed by the fact that the car will actually allow you to lock a FOB inside the car. I was under the impression that the car will not lock if the FOB is anywhere in the car. The only exception to this is a very rare occurrence, which is discussed in the owners manual on page 117. The manual warns that there are situations where you use the power back door reserve function that you can lock the FOB in the car.
If you disable the FOB you can lock it in the vehicle. This is possible because with the fob "off" the vehicle doesn't actually "see" it.

This is a feature -- not a bug. If you were going hiking or road tripping or any other scenario where you have more than one key and don't want to carry both with you, this lets you lock one in the vehicle. (Just imagine going somewhere and wife wants to leave purse in vehicle)
Old 08-29-23, 06:17 PM
sailormike
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mike3rdLexus
No need to be concerned. As CommodoreAmiga mentioned a disabled fob can be left in the vehicle. I only mentioned this option to give alextv a way to test the digital key while still carrying the fob.
Old 08-30-23, 06:33 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 150 Posts

Thanks...I forgot the fob can be put to sleep as I rarely use it.
Old 09-18-23, 05:33 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts
Unhappy Multi driver household Lexus accounts

From what I read there is currently no way to have multiple owner/driver accounts for the same car.

We have a household with 3 drivers and my wife and I co-own the vehicle. We both have to have the lexus app with individual profiles, digital key and the ability to remote start and lock the car.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Lexus, are you reading this????
Old 09-18-23, 10:35 AM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 585 Likes on 403 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-profiles.html
Old 09-18-23, 04:21 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
From what I read there is currently no way to have multiple owner/driver accounts for the same car.

We have a household with 3 drivers and my wife and I co-own the vehicle. We both have to have the lexus app with individual profiles, digital key and the ability to remote start and lock the car.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Lexus, are you reading this????
I use the same log in for the app. For the profile on the info system, my wife’s profile is synced with the key since she’s the primary and I’ve set up facial ID for my profile.
Old 09-19-23, 04:24 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

Based on reading ol these threads as well as the manual, sounds like these is no real solution to this, but rather people finding ways to work around.

This is clearly a mis programming on Lexus' part.

Lexus / Toyota should change the app and profiles to allow the vehicle owner to choose who they want to share all digital vehicle controls with. It is not Toyota's decision to choose for the owners that paid for the vehicle.
Old 09-20-23, 10:49 AM
1slowes250
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm happy with the way it works! I got full gps of all of our cars. She doesn't need to see all that! Lol
The following users liked this post:
Urlik (09-20-23)
Old 10-19-23, 07:49 AM
Buns
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile setup and Android auto

Me and my wife share our Lexus RX. Sometimes she drives. Sometimes I drive just depending on kids plans. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up two separate profiles. So when she's driving the car, her Android auto works and all her custom settings work. I have to switch it manually but I don't want to switch it manually. Every time I get in the car seems ridiculous. I'm hoping it's just a set of problem with either the app or the profiles. Hoping somebody can help me out here.
Old 10-19-23, 10:46 AM
byzatic
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This matches our use case too. My wife and I have separate profiles. We set up our profiles with facial recognition and set the car to use only facial recognition to identify the driver.
Old 10-20-23, 05:42 AM
sailormike
Rookie

Originally Posted by Buns
Me and my wife share our Lexus RX. Sometimes she drives. Sometimes I drive just depending on kids plans. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to set up two separate profiles. So when she's driving the car, her Android auto works and all her custom settings work. I have to switch it manually but I don't want to switch it manually. Every time I get in the car seems ridiculous. I'm hoping it's just a set of problem with either the app or the profiles. Hoping somebody can help me out here.
See post #9 in this thread for how I got this working. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (01-25-24)
Old 10-20-23, 06:04 PM
js6543md
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dash welcome screen

Does the steering wheel dash screen state welcome " your name". Every time you start the car or is it only on the infotainment screen. We are having trouble with our dedicated profiles and seat settings staying correct. We have only one profile set up the primary driver that's it.

Can you have an additional profile or does that require a separate account on the Lexus app to go along with a secondary profile in the car. We seem not to be able to get a consistent answer from Lexus

Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply: Problem setting up multiple profiles